Poll: Non Veggies...Prepare your rebuttals

RagnorakTres

Feb 10, 2009
Food is food. I will eat anything that has protein in it and doesn't eat me first. In this time of plenty, there is no need to eat people, cats, dogs, hamsters, guinea pigs, etc. We have pigs, cows and chickens raised from birth to be eaten. If I had to though, I would eat a human being. There is nothing inherently wrong with cannibalism, it's just a little creepy from the culture we live in. If there is no need to do something, I don't do it. However, human beings were designed to eat meat.

I get pissed off at my parents because they have this poster on the fridge that says that half of a dinner plate should be taken up with veggies and only a quarter with meat. No. No no no no no. The people who grew up in the fifties (generally, an ideal fifties dinner consisted of half a plate of pot roast, some peas and mashed potatoes (oh and all of it was made with butter)) that I have met are happy and healthy. This proves two things: a) vegetables, while an important part of our diet, are not and should never be the majority of it and b) butter is not evil.

Sorry, as a cook, I use butter and lard constantly and refuse to use the so-called "healthy substitutes" because I will not cook with anything that might cause cancer. If you saw what goes into that shit, you wouldn't eat it either.

Skreeee

Jun 5, 2009
RagnorakTres said:
Sorry, as a cook, I use butter and lard constantly and refuse to use the so-called "healthy substitutes" because I will not cook with anything that might cause cancer. If you saw what goes into that shit, you wouldn't eat it either.
Real butter FTW! Bless people like you and Paula Dean. :D

PersianLlama

Aug 31, 2008
Kukul said:
You fool! The death and suffering of the innocent are a sacrifice to the Blood God, without it he will devour the sun!
Glad to see someone sees things the way I do.

Easykill

Sep 13, 2007
Yechezkel said:
Easykill said:
it's cruel and inefficient
Wrong.

You know, I don't know why we put so much effort into making the industry more efficient and less cruel when people are just going to demonise us on baseless assumptions.
Animals are dying, when they don't have to. That's all it is, to me. I'm not trying to demonize you. The efficient part was from a purely biological standpoint.

Edit: Just to clarify, I am not necessarily saying the industry's practises are bad. I wasn't even criticizing the industry, but human culture as a whole where it relates to that point. Which I am part of. So, I guess you wouldn't even call it a criticism so much as an observation.

teutonicman

Mar 30, 2009
Wait I thought the cat was killed out of malice not hunger? Anyway I love meat I'll be going to wing night shortly. mmmmm wings

Toners

May 27, 2009
Meh, if you think slaughterhouse methods are bad (which they really aren't, it's all humane), you should check out live sashimi in Japanese restaurants. Or live animal skinning, the meat is eaten, but it's kinda... painful for the poor blighters.
Supposedly, an animal in pain as it dies causes the muscles to tense up, changing the tenderness and it will release adrenaline, altering the flavour, appealing to the palette of some... not for me personally. Although I am a fan of sushi in general, and do enjoy meat as part of my diet.
Also live sashimi isn't as cruel as it looks, the spine is severed, and as such, the animal cannot feel pain. It's just... very unusual for the fish to still be breathing as you're eating its meat :S Live animal skinning I'm not exactly for, mind.
A lot of people are saying that animals tend to be eaten alive in the wild. I live in the countryside, and so you can sometimes hear foxes catching rabbits... they make HORRIBLE noises as they die. Tasty though ^.^ But the thing is... it happens. That's the way the world works. Things eat other things in order to survive. Some eat plants, some eat other animals, some consume the air around them, turning it into energy.

But the most important thing of all in this discussion:
Meat tastes fantastic, end of.

Timespike

Jun 9, 2009
I don't have a problem with killing in general, as long as it's not done for a cruel and/or pointless reason.

Killing an animal for food? Not pointless.
Killing a criminal because he's about to kill a hostage? Not pointless.
Killing an animal for fun? Cruel and pointless.
Killing a liquor store clerk so you can tell your gangbanger buddies you did? Cruel and pointless.

There is violence in the world. Animals kill each other for food all the time. People kill each other all the time. And people kill animals for food. We're omnivores, after all - our digestive systems and teeth are set up to handle a mix of meat and plant matter.

And a world without any violence scares me more than the one we have, because in order to get rid of all violence, you'd have to get rid of either all life or all free will. Both of those horrify me.

MercenaryCanary

Mar 24, 2008
Molten Water said:
these people who eat truckloads of chicken everyday...
What type of people eat that much chicken...? In all seriousness, its food. You kill it in mass ways so that the mass population can eat. Not much reason to care since there are a lot worse things... like a species of wasps that basically kill thousands of bees.

Molten Water said:
wheres the "Humanity" in that??
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saw_(film_series)
This is Humanity. Thousands of people paying to see fake torture.

Molten Water said:
tastes like chicken
We don't want stuff that "tastes like chicken", we want stuff that tastes like what it is suppose to taste like.

frenchtoast1337

May 28, 2009
Ok, first of all, I am not a vegetarian. I personally think that veggies are weird because I love meat. Also, it is the natural order! Humans are OMNIVORES! We are supposed to eat meat! I agree that we need to treat animals better, but really, a cat in an oven is too far! Cats are seen as house pets, while cows are farm animals. It all depends on culture. In China, they eat bull testicals. Denis Leary makes a good point in his book by saying that the only reason that cows are eaten is because they are slow and dumb, and thats why you never see a cheetah burger.

Finally, meat just tastes good. so yay :p

wikicated

Jun 7, 2009
Cpt_Oblivious said:
And don't get me started on the idiots who say they're vegetarian but still eat fish...
i believe the people who eat fish and vegatables are called pescatarians
ot:i probaly couldnt do vegetarian because of, well meat is good. i could probaly reduce meat consumption if properly motivated, and roasting kitty for fun sociopathic behavior and immoral.

LeeHarveyO

Jan 13, 2009
Molten Water said:
You see Loads of people prancing about forums and such making a big uproar about the fact t hat a kitten was burnt in an oven or such.as much as i hate the idea of this, my complaint is the fact that it is these people who eat truckloads of chicken everyday...

Their most common argument is that "Cats are not meant for eating".so tell me this...how come cats are in this category but cows, pigs and chickens are not??they eat dogs in Thailand, and i dont see a lot of uproar on this...kids in American neighborhoods beat up little kittens in a bag pretty often i hear form my cousin there, no uproar.

for those who dont know, a cow is killed by running a huge nail through its skull??and a chicken is killed by cutting its throat and letting it bleed to its death??wheres the "Humanity" in that??If you dont believe me check out the wiki on slaughterhouses :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slaughterhouse#Process

Also when vegetarian food is in plenty,and tastes like chicken if prepared the right way, i dont get why more people arnt turning veg...please non veggies, enlighten me.
who gives a damn.

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009
if animals weren't meant for eating, then why are they made out of food?

Jests aside, it is actually shown that people who abstain long durations without animal protein can suffer from certain health issues unless they are VERY regimented on what they eat, and take vitamins. Humans are omnivores by nature, just check the teeth. Moving too far from what nature intended in our appetites eventually leads to problems.

MasterSqueak

May 10, 2009
Let me answer your question with a question.

What is so bad about eating meat, thus upholding the food chain?

Warwolt

May 23, 2009
Internet Kraken said:
Warwolt said:
ZSF said:
Molten Water said:
You see Loads of people prancing about forums and such making a big uproar about the fact t hat a kitten was burnt in an oven or such.
I really dont care if someone burned a kitten in an oven. Actually...thats kind of funny.
I wouldn't mind if you died in a fire, really.

Internet Kraken said:
Molten Water said:
Also when vegetarian food is in plenty,and tastes like chicken if prepared the right way, i dont get why more people arnt turning veg...please non veggies, enlighten me.
Being a vegetarian is unhealthy. We are omnivores for a reason.
... you .. wait. Don't tell me you didn't know that vegetarian diets is one of the healthier around?
Are you saying that a vegetarian diet is healthy?

Because it isn't. It's much healthier to eat a balance of various foods. You know, like we are supposed to.
I almost want to hit you with a rock now, you do know that food is made up with stuff like carbs, proteins, vitamins and so on. No, you can't survive on carrots and onions. You have to eat a balanced vegetarian cost in order to be able to well, have a healthy vegetarian cost. You need to make use of as much of the vegetable kingdom as possible.

Also; a healthy diet that contains meat is a diet that doesn't have very much meat in it, and one of the main things we get from meat is protein, which you can get from beans and mushrooms.

Its not healthy stuff yourself full of meat, you know. I'm not saying that meat in itself makes you fat, but its a lot easier to get fat on too much meat than it is to get fat on vegetables.

The only reason I eat meat is because its delicious.

hiiamolli

Jun 10, 2009
This all started because someone missed the point, the cat was killed for that sick womans entertainment;however it was bred to be a pet like most dogs. The dogs eaten in the eastern world are bred to be eaten.