Poll: Normal or Inverted

Guestowel

Oct 9, 2008
When using a paddle I always play with inverted, I get so confused if there is not an inverted option. But if I am using a mouse I never invert it.

Velocity Eleven

May 20, 2009
I must be the only person that feels like so-called "normal" is backwards

I mean, in order to "look to the right" it only makes sense that you would have to "move the camera to the left"

Ondaje

Dec 15, 2009
I used to do inverted... I always thought that it was more elitist that way... Somehow I switched to normal. I can't remember why.

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
Normal for first-person, it seems natural, especially since I normall use keyboard and mouse.
Used to b completely inverted for third person platforming, I think I still use up+down inversion sometimes
Flight is normally inverted (R&C2 type flying)

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
I invert the Y-Axis mainly because that's how the NORMAL human looks.

Tilt your neck foward like the joy stick and you're looking down.
Tilt your neck backwards like the joy stick and you're looking up.

Screw using normal in a FPS!!! I'd die instantly

PissOffRoth

Jun 29, 2010
Man, I can't even play inverted in flying games. Let up be up. Up is not down. Up does not want to be down. Quit trying to pressure up into feeling like down. Up just wants to be up. Let's not push up.

Lula21

Aug 23, 2010
I always have to play shooters inverted thanks to a childhood of playing Starfox on the SNES. I just can't do normal, I always end up doing the opposite of what I meant to do.

With camera controls, I don't really care so much. I guess because I don't have to aim at anything with that.

Edager6882

Dec 21, 2010
Always inverted. I fly planes for a living so it's just more natural for me. Anyway who rocks their head forward to look up?

Sep 14, 2009
normal, i dont care if people use inverted but please don't try and give me a "logic" reason for it, you have X non inverted, there is no logic involved, it's just something random you prefer.

Aug 21, 2010
fishbulb42 said:
I blame Starfox's default setting for forever corrupting my preference to inverted.
For me, it's Terra Nova. 15 years ago and I can't go back. Inverted. Tilting the stick back tilts your head back, it makes sense.