Poll: Of these pizza chains which one is your favourite?

AceTrilby

Dec 24, 2008
Apparently Pizza Hut isn't a good pizza joint. Call me ignorant, I guess.

I've only been to two Pizza Hut joints, but they've both been places with a lunchtime buffet. Fresh, hot pizza, and as much as you want for £10 - that's pretty fantastic in my book.

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
We only get Pizza Hut and Dominos in the UK. So I'll vote Pizza Hut.

But Pizza Express is the best really. Mmmm...

hutchy27

Jan 7, 2011
I'm in the UK and the only two we have out of them is Domino's Pizzas and Pizza Hut, Domino is a rip off and haven't been to pizza hut because local pizza places are way better and cheaper.

Kuroneko97

Aug 1, 2010
I generally love Domino's. Nobody else in my family likes it, though, so I'll sometimes have Pizza Hut. I like the breadsticks from both.

Nuke_em_05

Mar 30, 2009
Papa Murhpy's. Take'n'bake is cheaper and tastes better to me. You have to bake it yourself, of course, so I guess it doesn't technically count... It's like a pizza... deli?

Other than that, regional chain: Pizza Pipeline.

If I go "big pizza", I guess Pizza Hut for delivery, but Shakey's for Eat-in.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Eh we only have two of those here, pizza hut isn't for like 90 miles from me so I've never bothered going and Dominoes...
Well Dominoes is like £12 for a medium pizza so it can just fuck off to be quite honest, I can go to a local place and get the same thing but tastier and less heartburny for a fiver, or to a 4 star italian restaraunt for a vastly superior pizza for the same price.

Or buy one from the market for like £1?
Or make my own for under a fiver.

Seriously fuck Dominoes > >

hutchy27 said:
I'm in the UK and the only two we have out of them is Domino's Pizzas and Pizza Hut, Domino is a rip off and haven't been to pizza hut because local pizza places are way better and cheaper.
Yup, Dominoes I find to be laughably expensive, I can't begin to wrap my head around how it survives in the UK with it's prices.

NightHawk21

Dec 8, 2010
Probably some of the best pizza I ever had was from Mr. Grande. That shit is humongous. Greasy as all hell, but really big and not that bad tasting.

That being said the best I've ever had was homemade. Also I don't know what part of Canada the OP is from but I've only heard of about half of those and eaten pizza from like 2 of them, so either some of those are made up or I don't get our enough. Probably the second reason.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
Pizza Hut is the best for me. Yes it is a little expensive, just got a large stuffed crust pepperoni for 15 dollars, but that is fine for me since I don't pig out and only have two slices at a time, so it ends up being four meals for me.

Though I sometimes don't eat it right away after I get it, I think it tastes better the next day after toasting in my toaster oven.

Merkavar said:
whats wrong with dominoes? is it really bad in the US? seems fine in Aus.

but really all the fast food pizza places are all the same to me.
Well, I've had Dominoes from at least seven different stores across my state, always got the 5 dollar on topping, because it was cheap, and everyone the crust made me think I was eating cardboard.

SirDoom said:
Domino's is cardboard, or was in the past. Haven't tried them recently.
Yes, every time I have had it, it is like cardboard. Though, like you, I haven't had it in awhile.

WinkyTheGreat said:
Papa John's is the worst for me. I've gotten sick off of it once and it's always about 2/3 dough and not enough toppings.
I don't like it because I think they put too much cheese on them, or that the cheese the put on is too thick, also I don't like their sauce. I just don't like the taste of their pizza in general(though the interesting thing is that like most pizza, it actually tastes better if I put in my toaster oven the next day).

The commercials talk about better "fresh" ingredients and such, but it doesn't taste better to me, if it is suppose to be better and fresh, I'll take the worse and old any day.

I had to suffer through Papa John's a lot as a kid, because it was the only place my Dad would get it from because I guess he actually liked it. What made me sick was that he always got the supreme pizza for himself, and I could always smell it. To me their supreme pizzas smell like body odor(sweat) no matter what Papa John's store we got it from. It smelled like they had people standing over them ringing out their sweaty exercise shirts all over it.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
SkarKrow said:
Eh we only have two of those here, pizza hut isn't for like 90 miles from me so I've never bothered going and Dominoes...
Well Dominoes is like £12 for a medium pizza so it can just fuck off to be quite honest, I can go to a local place and get the same thing but tastier and less heartburny for a fiver, or to a 4 star italian restaraunt for a vastly superior pizza for the same price.

Or buy one from the market for like £1?
Or make my own for under a fiver.

Seriously fuck Dominoes > >
Wow, at that price it sounds like they are importing all of the ingredients or something, because last time I had Dominoes(US), it was 5 USD for a medium and 8 USD for a large. Other than Little Caesar's which had a 5 USD deal for a large going, Dominoes is one of the cheapest pizza places around.

GLo Jones

Activate the Swagger
Feb 13, 2010
I'm a devout Papa Johns fanboy, the only problem is, I'm addicted to that Dominos garlic and herb dip.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Actually, I remembered a pizza place that does actually do a phenomenal job: Mellow Mushroom [http://www.mellowmushroom.com/#/home]. I think they are only in the southeastern US now, though. Their options for building your own pizza are fantastic.

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
There's a small pizza place in my old hometown called Prontos that does freakin' awesome pizza. That would be my vote. But out of those, Pizza Hut. I could easily nothing but Pizza Hut pizza for the rest of my life.
(The Prontos restaurant itself is one of the most unhygienic places I've ever seen, though. The upper windows are literally thick with cobwebs and flies, and there's more midges flying around than air molecules. Not cool. But still, great pizza.)

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
Never really tried any of them but I love the place called Slices near where I live.

Captcha: Local derby. If only captcha, if only.

jklinders

Sep 21, 2010
Of those I have only eaten at Pizza Hut, Dominos and Boston Pizza. Boston Pizza was the worst with a crust fit to break your teeth on, then Pizza Hut which was OK but overpriced. And Dominos which is also OK but reasonably priced.

Local owned places are far better. Product is usually locally sourced, no franchise fees mean better prices and more toppings and the owners actually care about the communities they are in.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
My fav is Papa Johns and least fav is Pizza Hut

Best Pizza i had which beats main chains?
Great Little Pizza Place which i ate from on a US base

DarkRyter

Dec 15, 2008
I don't feel particularly strongly about any of them except little Caesar's.

Little Caesar can go die in a hole.

Chemical Alia

Feb 1, 2011
Pizza Hut is my choice, because of stuffed crust pizza. Other than that, I'm not really a big pizza eater.