Poll: OH DEAR GOD NO! A Comparison of the deadliest things in New Vegas.

CryptoKeyblade

Aug 2, 2009
im half way through my second play through and across both by files i've only fought 3 cazadors and 2 of them were babies, so death claws. in fallout 3 they were just annoying in this they're damn near impossible

helldragonX

Mar 3, 2010
"Hey, I think I hear something running up."

*Pulls out gun*

"Boone has died."

"WTF,*turns around sees Deathclaw munching on Boone's skull* OMFG, RUN, FU*KING RUN!"

"GAME OVER"

Ya, that is about how it goes with Deathclaws, Cazadores aren't so bad, mostly irritating.

Sion_Barzahd

Jul 2, 2008
Deathclaws, i used to take out a pack of them and feel bored back in FO3, all of a sudden their names actually make sense.

I went to go clear out Quarry Junction, thinking it'd be a bucket of giggles. Oh how wrong i was, i will go back though, and claim my sack full of deathclaw heads...

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
Calbeck said:
It wouldn't be so bad if Cazadors and Deathclaws didn't BOTH have a habit of running in packs (er, flying in swarms, for the Cazos).

Obsidian has succeeded in bringing the idea of OMG BEEEEEEEEEES D: (even though they're wasps) to the Fallout universe.
This somehow seems very appropriate.

Yeah i really don't like Cazadors either.

When i first fought against them, I thought they would be a little more powerful than a Bloatfly given how they look.

...How so very wrong was I.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Whenever I see a deathclaw of any kind, I just give up. Especially when I was like level 4 and came across a blind deathclaw. Took me out in one hit.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Deathclaws are something you watch out for, you know not to screw with them, and you can sneak by pretty easily. Cazadores (not Cazadors, it's a Spanish word) look like wimpy bloatflies from far away, they are hard as hell to sneak up on (though this might have to do with me not putting any points into sneak because of how boring I find it), they are always in pretty big groups, are armored, and poison you on contact. Being swarmed by a bunch of Cazadores is a threat even at higher levels if you're not traveling with companions.

Baradiel

Mar 4, 2009
I hate cazadors more than Deathclaws. At least deathclaws can be seen from a mile away, and can be outsmarted in a way (hiding on a rock) whereas cazadors can just fly over any obstacle.

Bastards!

crimsonshrouds

Mar 23, 2009
o.0 wow interesting read thus far in this thread. I dont have fallout NV but you guys are making me want to go out and get it. Fallout 3 all enemies weren't really that hard except for maybe the overlords but those things had gattling lazers

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
I'd still go with deathclaws. They have fairly robust natural armor (seems to trend around 20+ for the adults) and absurd amounts of health (The creature with the most health in the entire game is the Legendary Deathclaw, with 850hp). Their attacks completely ignore armor, deliver a staggering amount of damage (>300 for the Legendary deathclaw, nearly 100 for an adult - only a few weapons in the game put out numbers like that and none of them have the benefit of bypassing armor entirely) and they have the capacity to close very quickly.

Individually, if you know they're there, it really isn't difficult to deal with. It should be noted that the same goes for Cazadores. The only thing that makes it even reasonable to compare the two is Cazadores tend to travel in largish packs (flocks?) while it is rare to run into more than a pair of Deathclaws at a time unless you're faffing about in a nest of the things.

Thus, I'd say that the Deathclaw is the deadliest thing in New Vegas, but by virtue of numbers Cazadores are more likely to kill you. They're fairly healthy, have a rather trivial amount of armor and their attacks are fairly lethal in their own right. Not nearly so much as a Deathclaw, but then it is almost assured that at least a few will survive to hit you before the fight is done. And then you have to deal with stupid poison.

Nobby

Nov 13, 2009
initially walking into that valley full fo giant radscorps near goodsprings set the tone for my first playthrough, as in ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh RUN RUN RUN!!
then i found a sniper rifle and sneak crits changed the game for me.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Any creature at any time. Seriously, make one wrong move or go somewhere the game doesn't want you to and BOOM, you're *Insert creature name here* chow.

But for the sake of picking one,I pick the following. ...Just...why, Obsidian? Why must you be so mean to those who blunder aimlessly into Dead Wind Cavern? [http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Legendary_Deathclaw]

deonte9109

Sep 8, 2010
Sloan citizen: Dont go that way. There be Deathclaws
Me: Pssh I got Lvl 2 combat armor, a plasma caster, and a sniper rifle with robot and calamity jane as back up. I can do anything *****
You have discovered QUARRY JUNCTION
Me: So far so good.
*spots movement on the horizon*
Me: Ok time to snipe its face off
Sneak attack critical on young Deathclaw. +65? exp.
Me: There just a bunch of pussies.
*walks further in with more movement*
Me: Ok there's two now I got this
*fires two rounds into each*
Me: ok health didnt move maybe I missed
*Deathclaws run towards me*
Me: shit uh plasma caster
*fires full clip at one keeps running*
Me: Crap
Cass has died.
Me: NooooED-E has diedFUUUUUUUUUUU

Hashime

Jan 13, 2010
I walk around the corner, (at about level 16) see the alpha deathclaw male, think this shouldn't be bad....pull out my sniper rifle...sneak attack head shot "oh damn, he is angry" headshot, headshot, headshot, reload, one hit from him and I have 10 hp left, bodyshot and he goes down on a lunge.
I was stoked to kill that devil, cass did help with her .44, but not much, ede was useless.
I killed the bugger though.

Treeinthewoods

May 14, 2010
Deathclaws don't show up as often even though they are super tough. Cazadores seem to be every place I try to go that is even slightly off the beaten path.

I hate the damn Cazadores.

Meggiepants

Not a pigeon roost
Jan 19, 2010
Cazadors. I went into a mine at one point, and saw no red lines on my HUD, then all of the sudden surrounded. I barely manage to kill those bastards off when the biggest damned Cazador I've ever seen stings me in the face.

Why? Why do we need a legendary cazador?

Admiral Stukov

I spill my drink!
Jul 1, 2009
Ceasar's damned guards that seem to ignore armour competely and have knockback.
Frustrating as frakking hell.