Poll: Pacific Rim - Your favourite Jaeger

Nooners

Sep 27, 2009
Surprised to see so much Cherno Alpha love. Not that I didn't like it, but that head just looks really clunky to me.
I've always had a soft spot for the faster fighters in shows and movies, so I loooooove me some Striker Eureka.

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
Sir Thomas Sean Connery said:
CHERNO STRONK

[img/]http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/eb/eb/57/ebeb579b014fd5c7aacae1ff7cbdca89.jpg[/img]
Best gif ever.

OT: Cherno Alpha is my fav Jaeger. As many before me has stated it looks like a walking tank that punches Kaiju to death.

Also the pilots while sterotypical looking looked quite badass.

Elwood232

Sep 21, 2010
Eren Jaeger is my favorite Jaeger
http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130602104808/shingekinokyojin/images/0/0b/Eren_appears_as_a_Titan.png

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Didn't see much of Cyote Tango, but I love the design!

Should have been on your pole, it was in the movie :(

If I had to pick out of the ones you have there though, Striker Eureka, missiles, missiles and more missiles.

MrFalconfly

Sep 5, 2011
Striker Eureka.

Made by the aussies so you know it's badass in everything (it has to be. Everything is trying to kill you in that bloody country).

Sir Shockwave

Jul 4, 2011
Cannot decide. But we never really got to see much of the other Jaegers even now - Chrome Brutus, Mammoth Apostle, Echo Saber, just to name a handful (though I know the latter pops up in the Novel). Heck, even Tactit Ronin and Diablo Intercept were rumored at one point.

mortalsatsuma

Nov 24, 2009
Cherno Alpha. I liked the idea of it having no ejector pod thing, the idea being russian jaeger pilots get the job done or die trying.

DrRockor

Jun 24, 2008
I really wanted crimson Typhoon to be in more of the movie. The 3 pilots was super cool

Moloch Sacrifice

Aug 9, 2013
It was a close call, very close. Crimson Typhoon's combat style is very intriguing, and Cherno Alpha has an undeniable brutality to it's design, but I eventually opted for Striker Eureka, due to the sleek design and high agility. I also enjoyed seeing the implausible chest-mounted concealed gun battery, because one can never have enough dakka.

That said, the Cherno Alpha pilots had the best suits by far, with the multi lens visors and solid design.

Ravinoff

Elite Member
Legacy
May 31, 2012
Country
Canada
Cherno Alpha takes a slight edge over Striker Eureka for me, just for the insanely awesome hydraulic-ram arms. The best scene with Striker Eureka was the bit when the kaiju is attacking Sydney, and Striker comes hauling ass up the street and nails it right in the face with an apocalyptic right hook. Gipsy Danger was too overexposed to be my absolute favourite, although it of course had some awesome moments (oil tanker bat). That said, my first reaction when I saw Crimson Typhoon go into full combat mode was "are those-holy fuck yes it has buzzsaw hands!"

I'll admit I like the look of those enormous recoilless guns on Coyote Tango, though you never got a look at them in the movie. And of course none of the best-named Jaegers are even mentioned in the movie. Brawler Yukon sounds a shitload better than Gipsy Danger.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Slvrwolfen said:
I have to give my vote to GLaDOS, even if I would've wanted to go for Cherno in terms of looking very mechanic (but seriously, losing so fast after defending a coastline for what, 6 years?)
That's because it got ganked by two Kaiju, if Leatherback hadn't shown up Cherno could have survived.

schrodinger

Jul 19, 2013
Strain42 said:
Despite really only being in the movie for a few seconds, I think my personal favorite is this guy

But from the people on that list, Crimson Typhoon was definitely my favorite. Awesome body type, three arms, super cool cannon arms and buzz saw blades. Crimson Typhoon was kick-ass
i refuse to believe that any mech from Japan wouldn't look like this:

or at least resemble it.

OT:
Oh, i can't decide :S all the jaegers looked good and had sweet names too. I guess Gipsy Danger is one point above the others because i liked Raleigh(Charlie Hunnam ftw!) a lot~

If they ever do a prequel, it'll be awesome to see the rest of the Jaegers.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
I'm gonna go Gipsy Danger because the 1-2-3 combo of giant robot rocket punch, tanker baseball bat and 'fuck off, i'ma cut you in half' sword[footnote]seriously, why didn't they get that out sooner?[/footnote]

schrodinger said:
i refuse to believe that any mech from Japan wouldn't look like this:
Well, the dual shoulder cannons do make it look kind of like a Guncannon.

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
Crimson Typhoon, baby.
Freaking judo flips and hands that turn into buzz-saws, he was one adept beast.

Close second goes to Striker Eureka, first, last, and only of the Mk. V's. That speed man, it was a real game-changer, not to mention that his angel wings look pretty cool.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
After much deliberation, I have to give it to Gipsy Danger. Crimson Typhoon ALMOST edged it out, but in the end, I have to side with Gipsy on this one. Simply put, Gipsy gets extra points because while all the Jaegers excel in something, Gipsy does just about everything.

Badass laser cannon arm? Check. Awesome deployable swords? Check. Mobile enough to evade to avoid Kaiju attacks? Check. NUCLEAR POWERED?! Check.

And also... well... 'merica, too.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
Striker Eureka, because honestly, I'm from Australia and that's enough.

It also happens to be my realk answer, because chest cannons, but runner up is Cherno Alpha - if it had some cooler weaponry it'd take the crown.

Johnny Impact

Aug 6, 2008
Gotta go with Cherno Alpha.

I just love the premise. I can see a Russian scientist explaining it: "Da, we know Amerikanskis put missiles, swords, fancy cutting-edge speed in giant robot, try to outsmart Kaiju. (shrugs, sniffs) We have yet to meet Kaiju that can outsmart robot running straight at it and beating it to death with bare, how you say, fatherfucking hands."

It is perhaps the best extension of the movie's tagline, "go big or go extinct." No gimmicks, just heavy steel on top of more heavy steel. No wonder it survived so long.

It gets bonus points for a unique design. Usually mecha have small heads to make them look more massive. Somehow the oversized head makes Cherno seem even larger and more intimidating, rather than goofy and misproportioned.

Second place is Crimson Typhoon. A third arm is such a simple gimmick but it's exactly the kind of distinct special move you're looking for in a kaiju movie. Add spinning sawblades and you've got pure gold.