Poll: Phonebooths

AkJay

Feb 22, 2009
Simple question: Simple answer

As for me, I think of the Matrix whenever I see a phonebooth. They may not be found anywhere in real life now-a-days, but in any form of media, I always flashback to when Trinity used the phonebooth.

EDIT: I added some extra poll options

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
Since almost all of the classic phonebooths have been removed here in Norway, I get really excited because it's usually very rare to see one.

Ponch

Mar 31, 2010
Honestly, The Doctor. It used to be The Matrix, then the movie Brick, but somehow it's more likely I think TARDIS.

Timotei

The Return of T-Bomb
Apr 21, 2009
I actually don't think any of the above. Usually my mind turns to "Does anyone even use that anymore?".

Dragon_of_red

Dec 30, 2008
I dontg hink ive ever seen an actual phone boot just around. Ive seen phone,s but there not sectioned off...

Anyway i think of superman, since i dont watch much Dr Who.

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
I think about how much I want Colin Farrell in that booth, begin for his life as I aim a sniper at him!

Hmmm... I should make a movie about that.

daftalchemist

Aug 6, 2008
I think of that episode of Futurama where they all go to the refurbished area of old New York, and Fry explains to Leela that phone booths were used mostly as bathrooms in his time.

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
I could've sworn that the TARDIS wasn't a phone booth but one of them british thingies for people to run into to alert the mounties or mall security or whatever they're police force is made up of over there. (I know they have a normal police force there)

I don't really think of anything it's just a box with a ringy thing in it.

GothmogII

Possessor Of Hats
Apr 6, 2008
Superman...reason being that the TARDIS is actually a police-box, not a simple phone booth, it was for the police to use or people to contact them. That and the Matrix was really only to do with the phone rather than the whole phone n' box shebang itself I felt.

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
I'm in a Glass Box of Emotion!!

or this
Hubilub said:
I think about how much I want Colin Farrell in that booth, begin for his life as I aim a sniper at him!

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I just think of a phone booth. Doesn't really trigger any particular show/movie.

madcap2112

Jun 4, 2009
Ponch said:
Honestly, The Doctor. It used to be The Matrix, then the movie Brick, but somehow it's more likely I think TARDIS.
Thank God, someone else knows about Brick.

Anyway, I never see phone booths anymore; it's rare enough seeing pay phones in general. American phone booths generally make me think of The Matrix and Superman, the few times I see them anymore.

Raven's Nest

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
Hubilub said:

Please don't... It'd probably be really really boring...

OT:

What! No-one mentions BILL AND TED!!!