Poll: Pokemon Sun & Moon (New Trailer) Which version and starter will you choose?

Kaimax

Jul 25, 2012
Grandwater975 said:
How come Rowlet get's its secondary type and signature move right off the bat? How come Popplio,my starter, and Litten don't get their secondary types and signature moves when you get them? Seems a bit unfair to me.
For Leafage case, Because there's no comparable grass move that's equivalent to ember/water gun. Most of my friends in my group thinks Leafage just a weaker version of Razor Leaf.
Ember/Water Gun is 40 Power, Razor Leaf is 55, Vine Whip is 45. The other Grass Move that hsa 40 Damage is MEga Drain,, but that's too OP for early mons. other than that Absorb with 20 power and Bullet seed with 25 Power.

I don't know if getting a dual typing that early is unfair to Litten and Popplio, as Rowlet has 5 Weakness from the start with ice doing 4x damage, while the former 2, only has 3 and 2 weakness being a single typing.

Bellvedere

Jul 31, 2008
Sun and Rowlett, though Popplio is cute too. Litten looks kinda lousy in comparison.

Aside from that though: A Hawaiian inspired region looks like it's going to be fun and I'm really happy to see Trainer customisation back.

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
I was hoping that Moon would have a legendary more to my liking, because Moon just sounds cooler, but that lion blows the bat right out of the water.

Rowlett, however, will probably be my first ever grass starter, which is surprising. I'll wait to see his evolutions, but he looks pretty baller.

The Pacific Island theme is really nice. Glad to see them branching out like that.

Ayame Murasaki

Crazy cannibal elf chick.
Mar 28, 2014
Moon and Litten. I've wanted a non-legendary cat Pok?mon that doesn't blow for approximately forever, and I'm unapologetically nocturnal.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
Sun + Litten for sure.

Though I think that the Sun legendary might also be a Fire-type, I really like its design and I always tend to go with the fire starter. Thought I'm definitely getting the Moon legendary as well, as it looks like a bada** myotis bat.

I actually like the three starters equally and it's a little refreshing that there is a clear distinction between the three starters instead of sharing common characteristics like other starters had in the past (not that there's anything wrong with that). I can't wait to see what they evolve into, as well as the full roster of Gen 7 characters so that I could get my party going.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Don't have a DS :(
If I'd get one I'd have so many games I would love to play I'm not sure I dare get one, would have to lock myself into a bunker for a few months xD
But IF I'd get this, it would be Moon version (cooler legendary) and the grassowl as starter, looks awesome :D

Dec 10, 2012
Geez... I've been out of the game so long... The last Pokemon title I played was Ruby. I didn't even realize the series had transitioned from top-down to 3D environments. When did that happen? I... don't think I like it. It takes away so much of the retro charm the series has for me.

Good God! I'm the old man waving his stick at the young pups on his lawn! Kids these days with their 3D Pokemon and Mega evolutions! I'm being left behind!

remnant_phoenix

Apr 4, 2011
TheVampwizimp said:
Geez... I've been out of the game so long... The last Pokemon title I played was Ruby. I didn't even realize the series had transitioned from top-down to 3D environments. When did that happen? I... don't think I like it. It takes away so much of the retro charm the series has for me.

Good God! I'm the old man waving his stick at the young pups on his lawn! Kids these days with their 3D Pokemon and Mega evolutions! I'm being left behind!
I sympathize...

(incoming old-man/hipster rant)

I was there when Pokemon was just a game. I was obsessed with Pokemon Blue. I watched the birth of the TV show and the movies, the birth of the card game, the transformation of Pokemon from a quirky JRPG to a multimedia behemoth. I got out of the game around the days of Gold/Silver. When I see stuff like this now, it's uncanny: on the one hand, nostalgia! on the other hand...bwuh?

I wonder if this is how the childhood friends of people who grow up to be rock stars feel. "I knew you before you got big. Now, I barely recognize you, but I feel like I still know you. It's weird..."

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
Moon + Litten.

The cat looks awesome and I like moon-transmutation thing more than the big cat for the other one.

I just Litten isn't as disappointing as Fennekin.

Starts off as this adorable little guy;

Then turns into this kind of "meh" guy;

Then ends up as this really dull and lame guy;

Igor-Rowan

Apr 12, 2016
TheVampwizimp said:

Well, you have missed out much.

After Ruby and Saphire, Pok?mon went into an identity crysis with Diamond, Pearl and Platinum, where most of its Pok?mon were related to previous ones, making it hard for it to have an identity. Then Black & White, followed by Black 2 & White 2 came along in an attempt to reboot and start all over again, but the deep storytline and new designs did not appeal the old fans. Then X & Y (here they stopped with the top-down perspective, but the grid based movement remained), where they decided to focus on quality over quantity of Pok?mon, but they relied a bit too much on nostalgia (Mega evolutions for old Pok?mon and a remake of Ruby and Sapphire). Now it looks they're trying to reboot it again to get a new audience and have something that pleases the old fans.

Uncle Comrade

Feb 28, 2008
Definitely getting Moon, I'd decided that from the day they were announced. As for the starters though, I'm not too sure. It's a tradition of mine that I always pick the water starter my first time around, but I really don't like Popplio compared to the other two. I guess I'll reserve judgement until I see what the evolutions look like, but I'm not really a fan of the clown design they seem to going with.

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
My initial gut-reaction was that all 3 of the starters looked stupid af... but that owl is growing on me so probably that. I'll wait to see the final evolutions before I decide for sure. Litten just looks underwhelming and that water thing still looks stupid.

Almost definitely getting Sun though. That Lion looks so damn majestc!

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Prior to the trailer, I figured I'd go Moon and the fire starter. Now though, I'm not sure. The Moon legendary looks doofy while Sun's looks pretty great, and I'm not much of a fan of the starters as of right now. I mean, I like owls and cats, but right now I can't say I feel a particular attachment to either of them, so we'll see when their evolutions are revealed.

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
why is there no "i'm getting both games and therefore picking 2 starters" option?

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Litten because KITTY and I still don't know about version. Other than mascots, do we know the differences?

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
Something Amyss said:
Litten because KITTY and I still don't know about version. Other than mascots, do we know the differences?
one is about the sun and the other is about the planet moon.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
I really like both the legendaries on the cover. So I'm heavily conflicted between which version I want to get. But right now I'm leaning more towards Sun version.

As for my starter of choice I'm going with LItten. She looks like a real evolution line winner this time around. Hopefully I'm not burned like what happened when I picked Fennekin :(

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
Paragon Fury said:
Moon + Litten.

The cat looks awesome and I like moon-transmutation thing more than the big cat for the other one.

I just Litten isn't as disappointing as Fennekin.

Starts off as this adorable little guy;

Then turns into this kind of "meh" guy;

Then ends up as this really dull and lame guy;

See, for me if the Delphox had a lot more volume to the 'robe' part of it's body I would of been okay with that. But instead it just looked really flat. I was so disappointed since Braixen was really cute.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
If I get it, Moon.

Are the dude characters gonna get some cool clothes this time or am I Crossdressing (crossplaying?) it up in this release as well, just like in X/Y? Making my ***** look fine.

Uncreative

Oct 29, 2009
I'm waiting for the version exclusives to make a final decision there, but dang do I like that lion.

Starter wise there is no way I'm getting attached to a one of them before the final forms are released.
Froakie was cute and greninja wears it's tongue as a goddamn scarf.