Poll: Poll: Did you complete Skyrim's main quest?

King of Wei

Jan 13, 2011
I finished the main quest but took my time and explored my share of Skyrim before finishing it.

marioruggerio

Jul 27, 2011
My first play-through i completed it right away. But on my 2nd time around i haven't done any of it, the game almost seems fun when dragons dont kill every npc in the continent

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
I still haven't retrieved the horn thing yet because I am lazy bastard when it comes to doing the larger quests in games like that. I'll get around to it eventually, but I am in no way in a hurry to do so.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
I did Dark Brotherhood, Mage's Guild, Thieves' Guild, Companions, hunted for Shouts, hunted for Dragon Priests, beat the game, then did the Civil War.

:3 I like the "cease-fire" negotiation you have to do if you don't do the Civil War before you beat the main quest.

Oh, and fuck the Blades for wanting to kill that nice ol' lizard on the top of the mountain. Just another reason why I hate the concept of immortal NPCs. *grumblegrumble*

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
DVS BSTrD said:
Can't think why...

*Thunk*
Guard: Why is there an arrow in my head?
-Stands and looks left and right for about ten seconds-
Guard: Eh, was probably nothing
-Sits back down-
Meanwhile, behind the bush across the path
Me: Curse those helmets!
-Reloads-
-Aims-
-Fires-
Guard:-Is knocked ten feet-
Me: Sweet!
-Loots corps leaving only boots and a bucket on the guard's head-
So basically, just like this:

OT: Yes, I beat Skyrim's main quest after faffing about with all the content for a while. I never really lost sight of it anyway. No matter what I do in those types of open world games, I'm usually very cognizant of the main quest and the progress I have made thus far. I'll always come back to it, do a quest or two then go back to my random exploring for a while, rinse and repeat.

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
I finally finished it on successful character number 3... and it was shit. It's so short. In fact, every questline in Skyrim is short. What gives?

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Pearwood said:
I did the main quest in about 80 hours so still a hell of a long time but not months and months. I just started playing Skyrim again actually and I'm annoyed to find they fixed the bug with PS3s crashing months ago but now it's here again and worse than ever.
Are you talking about when your head goes underwater the game locks up?

Durai

May 1, 2011
Needs to be an option:

"Yes, but-not-until-after-re-creating-my-character-for-the-fiftieth-time-because-I-like-taking-different-paths-in-the-beginning."

Essentially, the first couple characters I made were done wrong - used the archery training exploit, ended up getting to around level 14, then found out archery means nothing if all your enemies can kill you because you forgot to level up smithing.

The second to last character I made, I had cured of Lycanthropy. Found out about the new perks in Dawnguard and redid the entire campaign. Then I found out Aela can turn you BACK into a werewolf and facesmashed my keyboard.

Lyri

Dec 8, 2008
Esotera said:
There needs to be an option for people who are still in the process of completing it. Skyrim is a massive game and I'd say the majority of people haven't finished playing with it - I know I haven't.
There is an option for that, it's called no.

Yes, I finished the main quest but I haven't been diligent with it. The main quest was the last thing I finished as sort of an after thought to keep me interested in the game.

OneBig Man

Jul 23, 2008
*SPOILER* I spent 150 in game hours before I even met the Greybeards. I am now 200 hours in and now I am supposed to find an Elder Scroll for a dragon. I hope I am close with the main quest. *Spoiler*

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
I just beat it a couple weeks ago after eight months. It was miles better than oblivion's endlessly closing oblivion gates, but I still very much had to force myself to do most of it

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
I finished the main quest line but it took me a while on my first character. I got side tracked by the Dark Brotherhood.
On all of my characters, I've gotten up to the point where you learn Dragonrend at the very least. I have 5 characters currently.

Hubbl3

Jul 18, 2012
Over 150h played and never finished the main quest. Just so much to do in the game.

Thomas Rembrandt

Feb 17, 2010
denseWorm said:
I completed the main quest quickly because it's ridiculously short and quite easy.

Skyrim's short! The mage guild quests took me three hours! BOOOOOO!
I completely agree. Skyrim has a lot of content but the main quest lines are criminally short(although very well done, especially compared to its predecessors). And thanks to the awesome level-scaling you can complete them pretty much from the start without problems.

I'm not really complaining though, Morrowinds main quest overstayed its welcome in the last third. A few additional quest lines (i.e. guilds) would be cool though.

mParadox

Susurration
Sep 19, 2010
Country
Germany
I forced myself to finish it to clear my conscience. So that I could start the game again, this time with a tanky build in mind. :p

I finished the main campaign last night in fact! For the fourth time. Although this time it made more sense than I'd care to admit. I had spent... 77 hours and 28 minutes in the game. And by the time I had ended the game, I was Level 52. Though, can I tell you, being an archer assassin really hinders the levelling process.

3 hours into the new game and already I'm sporting steel armour, with Two Handed skill at 45. \o/ Although, I suppose being an Orc help. >,>