Poll: Poll: Did you complete Skyrim's main quest?

Nexxis

Jan 16, 2012
Nope. I spent too much time exploring and doing side quests, then I eventually got bored and stopped playing

pspman45

Sep 1, 2010
I have a lot of Skyrim Characters
some of them went straight for the main quest, as Shouts are really helpful in combat
but one of my Argonians, Ne'Roh, didn't even go to the Jarl of Whiterun until level 26
it really depends for me, but once I get going in it, I often stop after the part where you have to visit Delphine after killing Sahloknir

cerebus23

May 16, 2010
nope still finding broken side quest and the occasional main quest broken, just did the part where u need to talk to some guy and he would not talk therefore he would not trigger the door opening and so on, turns out it was the game itself and not the 40 or so mods i have installed.

makes it really hard to tell if its the game or the mods when bethesdas games are so buggy to begin with.

plus i knew from fo3 and oblivion that the MQ would either suck utterly or be weak, but was a shocker to see how much the side quests seemed to have dropped in scope and quality.

skyrim does so much right, its puzzling how they could improve in so many areas and let the ball drop on the quests in general.

still play on occasion i go explore or do a few quests, god knows my quest book is loaded from them, and every time i try to clear a few out to whittle it down seems i find more stuff to do that has me going all over the map.

is it wrong of me to wish obsidian would do the next elder scrolls game? they proved they can use bethesdas engine better than beth can pretty much. they added a whole bunch of new systems to the gameplay while keeping the bugs below average for that engine. and they make better main quests for sure, and they do better characters. win win win if you ask me too bad it will never ever happen.

mental_looney

Apr 29, 2008
Yes just finished it for the first time a few weeks ago,took a big break from skyrim for a while though.

algalon

Dec 6, 2010
Nope but still playing it plenty, albeit in between my various beta invitations I've had as of late. I was in the D3 beta, had a Dust 514 weekend, MoP, and The Secret World. I've only recently started utilizing Lydia as a dragon distraction. She's such a big help when an ancient firebreather decides to roflstomp my face.

Hans

Dec 18, 2011
I found myself finishing the stormcloaks line kinda suddenly.. and the I was up against Alduin all of a sudden... I was finish sooner than I thought, but then, I just randomly jumped from mission to mission anyway, not really paying attention to factions and such...

Second time around now, paying more attention, finishing more of the side quests first, pissing off both dragons, stormcloaks and Imperials iin the proces... 's much better ^^

srm79

Jan 31, 2010
I finished it, but it took me a good while to get there. I still play it from time to time too.

Mausthemighty

Aug 3, 2011
I'm still halfway my first playthrough. I get distracted by all these sidequests and exploring the world. I have collected a few dragon shouts but have not finished any big missions yet.
So not much progress there. And I didn't play it for a long while, due to getting distracted by Arkham City, Mass Effect 3, Diablo 3 and Assassin's Creed 2. I guess with Guild Wars 2 coming up I still won't get to play Skyrim for a while...

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
I did. Twice.
I just can't stay away from main quests. They always call out to me and I can't just hold off from doing it. It took me longer the second time around though.
I'm getting better.

Pearwood

Mar 24, 2010
Elfgore said:
Are you talking about when your head goes underwater the game locks up?
Yeah, had to delete EVERYTHING to get rid of that. Crashed in the middle of a conversation at one point too, hadn't even been playing it for that long.

F'Angus

Nov 18, 2009
Sure, did it slowly while doing other quests. One of the later quests I finished though. The other quests felt kinda empty afterwards though. Restarted Skyrim now with a different playstle.

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
God no, the story sucked and was so bored with it that I never finished it, I completed 90% of it I think though. Speaking of which I was really disappointed with The Dark Brotherhood missions, the story was also really lackluster compared to that of Oblivion, and The Dark Brotherhood armor you get looks retarded.

They should of really just put the Stormcloaks/Imperial/Thalmor quest line as the main story (if they drastically improved that as well) and gotten rid of the dragon based story all together.

irani_che

Jan 28, 2010
level 80, did loads of side quests, even the stealing missions to grind the theives guild back to opulence, was a champion of every deadra and divine but never got as far as halfway into the main quest and never touched the civil war.
I never needed dragonrendm the main reason my freinds did the main quest and I didnt do the civil war because although I hated the altmer and killed more of them than all the stromcloaks combined, Ulfric is a dick and he treated argonians like me badly

Dragoon

Jan 19, 2010
I've played 110 hours of Skyrim and I've completed the main story, most of the side quests, all of the guilds and the Civil War for both sides. Fair to say I'm completely over Skyrim now, after all that it's just kinda got boring for me, even with mods it's not as fun as Oblivion, Morrowind and Fallout it just feels like it's missing something.

Burig

Nov 8, 2010
Yep, completed it. Along with all the guilds quests (I believe, maybe not the entire mage one). I didn't mind the ending, there have been worse endings. I'm going to complete it again with another character - partly for seeing the other story arcs, and partly for achievement hunting.

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
Creator002 said:
I did. Twice.
I just can't stay away from main quests. They always call out to me and I can't just hold off from doing it. It took me longer the second time around though.
I'm getting better.
Same here, I had to force myself to delay getting the Elder Scroll because I was rushing through it. I quite enjoyed it except for the final fight, it was way too easy and lack luster.

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
No, because I never owned Skyrim.

That said, I tried it briefly on my brother's computer when it was new, and I did love what little I played, but I thought it would be best to save getting the game for later. (At the time I thought I'd be busy with SWTOR for a while, but I didn't even have time for that due to school.)

Attercap

Irascible Webmaster
Jun 22, 2012
I don't think I've played through the main quest of any Elder Scrolls "main title" games, from Arena through Skyrim. It's one of the few (possibly only) open world series games that feels truly sandbox for me--to the point where I rarely even create a secondary alt because I'm too busy tooling around doing umpteen sidequests and exploration to want to create another. ...That's a rarity for me in most RPGs, computer or dice-based.