Poll: Poll: Have you been perma-banned from websites?

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
Can't say I ever have, no.

Wrex Brogan said:
N...no. Never been banned. Nope. Nosiree. And if I had been banned, I'd never return to the website under a different name! That'd just be rude, that!

- my partner was actually perma-banned from here, The Escapist! He was a little too aggressive/insulting too many times so he got the hammer, but he liked the place enough he recommended it to me when I was forum-hunting. We've got a bit of a joke about it too since I use his laptop when I'm here, whenever I post something salty he'll warn me 'watch out, they might recognize me' since we think (note: neither of us know much about computers) it's the same IP address or something.
This..... I'm just gonna come out and say it..... This sounds really dodgy and made-up.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
None, I don't act like an asshole for the most part, and try not to do things to break rules, seeing as I don't really gain any enjoyment from doing so.

DrownedAmmet

Apr 13, 2015
Nope, but I'm a good good boy who always follows the rules
The first time I was ever warned or anything was on this forum, though

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
Catnip1024 said:
Does getting kicked from Counterstrike servers for only using the knife count? Otherwise, nah.

Quellist said:
The Guardian, for daring to question the narrative of a feminist article (in a polite manner). I must have angered one of the mods who deleted my every post, no matter how non-confrontationally i phrased them s/he simply wouldn't allow me to make my point, then put my account on automatic moderation then finally banned me entirely.

As someone who considers himself something of a liberal that was pretty annoying to say the least
It is funny how the Guardian, which goes on about how they are independent and free to voice whatever opinion, seems to be one of the most over-moderated media outlets going.
No kidding! Some of those Mods are insane. For reference the article was about Publishing being a patriarchy because women had to publish action/adventure/horror stories as men to get noticed apparently. My heinous crime was to point out that some men wrote Romance novels under female nom de plumes for the very same reason. That was what caused the moderator to lose their shit!

Cycloptomese

Jun 4, 2015
I've never been banned from anything. It's easy. You just have to exercise a little self-control. I don't talk religion or politics (It's fun watching some of you guys go at it, though). I ignore replies when someone is clearly trying to start an argument. Also, I just try and be polite to everyone.

Mcgeezaks

The biggest boss
Dec 31, 2009
Sweden
Country
Sweden

I was perm-banned several times from GT between 2008-2010, I was even IP-banned until they redesigned the site.

I was also perm-banned from the Halo forums for spoiling Halo 3:ODST by posting the achievement list before it was released.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Paragon Fury said:
Halo Waypoint was the first, and A LOT of people got perma-d because prior to the release of Halo 4 when people were criticizing 343's obvious and insane stupidity, the mods went nuts and banned a whole crap ton of the most vocal critics, myself included - for completely random things like how things were worded or just being anything less than pleasant with anyone.

IMGUR...well, I was a veteran of the GIF Wars and the NSFW wars there and Sarah's new attitude towards the mature filter and "lewd content" and letting the mod's mod completely decide what was allowed and what was not finally got me overkilled; shadowbanned, permabanned AND apparently got IP banned too.
Don't worry. Waypoint actually did you a favor by sparing you from the Halo 5 echo chamber. Basically, at Halo 5 launch, everyone who was pissed with the game got shouted down by the retards who were fine with it and we all just basically left.

Imgur... Bleehhh... I want to like it so bad but the usersub community is fucking atrocious and the site staff won't do a single thing about it, not to mention never saying a word about why the Imgur servers are down all the time. No constant uptime for three days? "LOL we don't care."

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
tippy2k2 said:
Nope

Then again, this is the only website that I frequently visit so if I did get banned, I'd be super bummed and have no where else to go...

Good thing I have all that blackmail on one of the Mods!
Same here, except for the blackmail(why didn't I think of that?). I've not had reason to go running around other sites, and even then I usually try to avoid doing things that would end in me getting banned.

Story

Note to self: Prooof reed posts
Sep 4, 2013
I have never.
But I have been warned a few times in different places when I was younger mostly for mundane things like spam and low content posts.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
None that I recall. The closest I can think of is when Arc inexplicably fucked up my login information, thus preventing me from playing Star Trek Online. On the plus side, it gave me a chance to take a step back and realize how much of a joyless grind the game had become. I haven't looked back since.

Usually if a website or service I joined goes down the tubes (*Cough*ExtraCredits*Cough*) I just abandon it rather than go out in a blaze of glory.

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
Nope. I'm a nice polite boy.

A nice polite boy seething with rage, but polite nonetheless.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Nope. As a rule I tend to be at least reasonably well behaved. I've got my fair share of strong opinions, but I try to keep a certain level of classiness when delivering them, and that has served me well.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
I'm an absolute sweetheart.

Therefore, no perma-bans as of yet.

But, hey, there's always tomorrow.

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
Johnny Novgorod said:
Never. Didn't even know you could get banned from IMGUR.
Normally, no.

But if you've been a thorn in Sarah's and her mod's sides as long as I have, as persistent as I have an effective as I have, the nuclear option does get called in.

I kind of take it as a badge of pride that I backed them into the corner to the point where they went through it.

American Tanker

Feb 25, 2015
I don't know whether my last ban from IGN was a perma or not, but I treat it as if it was. Just stopped going there after that. Don't even remember what it was for.

Then I got perma'd from TV Tropes. Pretty sure this was for a continuous stream of hate directed at Japanese media, mostly anime. Again, it's been so long that I hardly remember.

Third and most recent was my permaban on Know Your Meme for raging against those stupid pastel ponies. They can never have enough rage directed at them. Never.

ArcaneGamer

Dec 21, 2014
Wrex Brogan said:
Ye-

*sees mods in the thread*

N...no. Never been banned. Nope. Nosiree. And if I had been banned, I'd never return to the website under a different name! That'd just be rude, that!

I've been banned from one website, like 10 years ago - some Roleplaying forum, where I didn't let a user into my RP who was apparently buddy-buddy with one of the mods, who perma-banned me for a bunch of contrived reasons. Wasn't too great a loss though, wasn't exactly the most populated website and I think it even shut down like... 6 months later.

As for the joke above - my partner was actually perma-banned from here, The Escapist! He was a little too aggressive/insulting too many times so he got the hammer, but he liked the place enough he recommended it to me when I was forum-hunting. We've got a bit of a joke about it too since I use his laptop when I'm here, whenever I post something salty he'll warn me 'watch out, they might recognize me' since we think (note: neither of us know much about computers) it's the same IP address or something.
Same here. I made a joke that was apparently in bad taste, and got the boot. I came back, however.

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
Never been permabanned in a forum or anything of the like. I try to stay lawful.

Worst I've experienced is getting timed out in Twitch chats for being a dumbass, but I act like an entirely different person there.