Poll: Poll: Have you ever shot a gun? (Also note which country you live in)

ParkourMcGhee

Jan 4, 2008
You've missed out the poll option "Yes I have, but I don't own one" - Ie: just tried, or shooting clubs.

I've shot some .22s and the SA80 - go Army woooo :D. PS: It's not nice when you're supposed to hit stuff and it's sweltering hot >.>

Withall

Jan 9, 2010
I've fired a hunting rifle, but I've never been in possession of one (an option that is lacking), and seeing as I'm swedish, I probably won't have to own, or fire one in a long while. I hope.

Jesus Phish

Jan 28, 2010
Couldnt answer your poll because my experience doesn't fit in.

I've shot a pistol and a rifle while on holiday at a resort.

The resort had a shooting range and one of the weekly events was target shooting.

AWAR

Nov 15, 2009
Nope, Greece's gun laws are strict, and stupid. If you ever get a gun permit congratulations but you still aren't allowed to buy freaking ammunition!

Grrrr....

Viruzzo

Jun 10, 2009
Never fired one, never seen one fired, just a few times seen one in person. I live in Italy and they are very rare here, only police forces and hunters have them. If you ask me, that's a very good thing.

On the topic of gun control: if guns are widely available to citizens, it doesn't matter that most will not use them or will use them sparingly and wisely, they will also be widely available to criminals who will use them more and to commit crimes (duh).
Less guns = less gun-related crimes.

Superior Mind

Feb 9, 2009
I own a .22. Other than that I have fired:

- .270 rifle
- .308 rifle
- 12 gauge semi auto shogun
- F88 Steyr assault rifle
- C9 " minime" machinegun
- M203 Grenade Launcher
- M72 Rocket Launcher

So yeah.

Edit: New Zealand by the way.

Kud

I'm stuck because demonic spider
Sep 29, 2009
I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
I live in NL and I've shot in the army.
Either that or Police, if you want to fire live rounds in these parts.

Exnotime

Mar 7, 2010
My option doesnt exist :/
i have shot a shotgun, 9mm and a revolver but i dont own any guns.
also i live in sweden.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
I like to fire two guns at once leaping through the air while my friend releases a cage of Doves. It's the only way to do it.

Honestly, never. A few people around me own Shotguns (as I live in the country), but I've never fired one. I would be interested in doing some shooting such as Rabbits.

Who knows, maybe I'll

*Puts on Sunglasses*

Give it a shot

<youtube=mR3jnW2kcUs>

Sark

Jun 21, 2009
I have used shotguns for clay target practice, and a rifle for pig hunting. I life in Australia.

Humppaporo

Apr 4, 2009
RK62 Thanks Finnish Defence Forces <3, glock on shooting range and two smaller pistols on a shooting range.

brighteye

Feb 5, 2009
Here in sweden we have to do almost a year of military service if we are called apon at the age of 18 - 20. ( its more rare now and will probably become similar to the US model within 5 to 10 years. )
As a medic i was ( as all medical personal ) extremely trigger happy and used my AK4 and AK5 at every possible moment.
Included in my training was also the knowledge to empty out most modern handheld weapons as this is something you have to check in a possibly future wounded soldier, we are also treating enemy soldiers in the event of a conflict, but it would be unwise to let them keep armed weapons.
The only bad part of this time, the military pay you about $4 for each day, if you are 18 and already moved out from your parents, say bye bye to your apartment.
( and where i live now, its a 4 year waiting line for a new 1st hand contract )

Bobbovski

May 19, 2008
I've fired one of these:

That was when I was doing my military service (never in combat, only on the firing range). I don't own a gun though.... So none of the poll options fit me.

I live in Sweden.

SquirrelPants

Dec 22, 2008
blue_guy said:
Crazzee said:
I don't fire them often, but honestly I don't see what anyone has against the owning of guns anyway.
Because you can use them to kill people?
Yeah, because there are just SO MANY people running around just killing people with guns for no reason. If somebody wants to kill someone else, they're gonna make it happen regardless of whether or not they own guns. Guns just make it go that much faster.

Jamieson 90

Mar 29, 2010
I shot my Brothers Falcon Air powered Sniper Rifle back when I was 8. Was at a proper Gun club with targets and everything. Quite rare in the UK to be honest.