Poll: Poll:Is your PS2 still working?

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
Seeing the post about the Final Fantasy 10 re-make (or HD facelift don't know yet) it got me thinking. First the FF fanboy in me went "An FF 10 Re-make FUCK YES!". Then when I returned to normal I wondered why. The graphics in the original are still good and I still have a working PS2. Then I remembered the controllers are bust.

So has anyone else still got a PS2 going strong. Mine is 10 years old now and going strong. The controllers are broken but the PS2 itself is fine. It is one of the old bigger ones not the slim line model. And for the record I have already had one X-box, two X-box 360's go bye bye. The PS3 is still going strong.

nick n stuff

Nov 19, 2009
Tried it yesterday and a few games didn't work but Star Wars Battlefront 2 did so that a yes for all I care

DasDestroyer

Apr 3, 2010
My PS2 closer to 7 years old, but on the other hand it still works :p
In fact, I recently played Marvel: Nemesis with a friend on it :D

Lacsapix

Apr 16, 2010
my ps3 system is still in top shape although the controllers are very very dirty and sticky.
I've hided my PS2 system between a row books on the bookshelf and its eazy to miss, its just a little joke.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Yup, my slim one is still working. It's 5 or 6 years old and never had a hitch. It's a little dusty, but I played Battlefront 2 on it a week ago. My PS3 has been working for over 3 years without a problem as well.

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
I have an original PS2 that still works including the controller(though where half my games are i don't know) and an original PS3 with backwards compatibility that still works. Though it did give me a yellow light of death a few years back but Sony fixed it and sent it back so I'm happy.

Irriduccibilli

Jun 15, 2010
Yup, my PS2 slim is still working like a charm, and I still play MGS3 on it from time to time, and Jak 2&3 for nostalgia

Kekkles

Feb 19, 2010
Still works, still plays all the best games I own. No different to how I had it as a kid!

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
I sold my original PS2 but i know for a fact that it's still working, i bought a slim after i sold that one and it's working too.

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
I don't see why it wouldn't. I was busy playing the Sonic Collection.^^ How I miss being 6 years old sitting there playing Sonic the Hedgehog all day.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
I know my still works and has been played consistently it's at my parents house, i gave it to them so when they watch their grandkids if it's rainy outside... I held on to the M rated titles though.

The Cap

Aug 14, 2011
yes sirrie bob,

a proper type old thick one, not any of these slim immitations ones. the kind of one that takes room on the shelf and you have to display as a result.

in total probably 8 years and still going strong

long live PS2

F'Angus

Nov 18, 2009
I got both a Original and Slim. Play them both regularly too cause I haven't got a PS3 or Xbox.

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
Yes, original. I've had to realign the laser once for it to read PS1 discs but other than that, no problems.

TheKruzdawg

Apr 28, 2010
Gizmo1990 said:
Seeing the post about the Final Fantasy 10 re-make (or HD facelift don't know yet) it got me thinking. First the FF fanboy in me went "An FF 10 Re-make FUCK YES!". Then when I returned to normal I wondered why. The graphics in the original are still good and I still have a working PS2. Then I remembered the controllers are bust.

So has anyone else still got a PS2 going strong. Mine is 10 years old now and going strong. The controllers are broken but the PS2 itself is fine. It is one of the old bigger ones not the slim line model. And for the record I have already had one X-box, two X-box 360's go bye bye. The PS3 is still going strong.
I'm impressed that one of the original ones is still going. I had to buy a Slim after my original died. That was about the time when Prince of Persia: Sands of Time was still pretty new, so that's about 8 years ago and it's still going strong. Every now and then I'll pick up a new (to me) game that I missed out on back in the day. Just recently got Beyond Good and Evil, can't wait to go through that.

Kotaro

Desdinova's Successor
Feb 3, 2009
Have the slim PS2, and it's still kicking. I still get a lot of use out of that wonderful little machine.

Flaming Narwhal

May 6, 2011
My original still works fine, the controllers too... Except I need to pry open the disc drive with a little screwdriver sometimes...
But after at least ten years of HORRENDOUS abuse (including several large dogs "marking" it with various bodily fluids) the little guy's still going strong. He's a trooper.