Poll: Poll:Is your PS2 still working?

Truth Cake

Aug 27, 2010
As far as I know, my original not-slim PS2 still works... it's been about half a month or so since I played Disgaea 1, LoD or FF6 on it, and the only one that had trouble was LoD in some spots (granted it's the oldest of the 3, and I've played it the most so Disk 3 is pretty brutally scratched up) so yeah, still works like a charm.

Mistermixmaster

Aug 4, 2009
Holy crap! It's already almost been 10 years?? I remember me getting the original PS2 along with "Jak and Daxter: The Precursors Legacy" for Christmas like it was last year! D:

It's working like it always has, no problems or anything, and I still boot it up every now and then if I want to play a PS2 game. (My PS3 is the not-backwards compatible slim, so the PS2 still sees a fair amount of use).

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
FreelanceButler said:
Not sure how old it is, but I have a slim one and it still works fine.
Been playing Dragon Quest VIII on it until I got near the end and forgot you had to grind for a good 3 years to get any further.

We originally had a bulky PS2, but I don't remember what happened to it. Someone probably dropped it. My family's generally clumsy, myself included.
I actually just bought a "bulky" and Dragon quest 8 again.

And not a single regret was given that day.

xplay3r

Jun 4, 2009
well thats ironic!
Mines been sitting in a bottom drawer for 2 or 3 years now cuz i was broke. I took it out today and decided to try and fix it and its fine.
So not only is my ps2 (fat) still working, appearantly it regenerated while in a drawer!!
Then this threads here.
Weird

MLChanges

Feb 26, 2011
My original and slim PS2 still work. Even my Original PS1 still works. Although, it could use a new track for the laser.

Kamikazi1231

Mar 10, 2009
Yep still working. Hell my PS1 and Super Nintendo are still working too. Time to pull out the box of old cartridges, blow the dust out of them, and get to some old school gaming.

Kaymish

The Morally Bankrupt Weasel
Sep 10, 2008
my old V4 fatty crapped out years ago but it was mod chipped and we plaed alot of games with it so im not surprised it was fun but i don't have enough time even for my PS3 let alone time to play any old PS2 games

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
8 years and three continents haven't killed mine.

'course, my Atari 2600 still works, too. I either have phenomenal luck, or I just do something different...

Daniel Ferguson

Apr 3, 2010
Got mine in 2002. Still works. Still play Final Fantasy on it.

My xbox 360 has been replaced twice in 2 years and now I need to get a FOURTH one. FFS!

Sammaul

Nov 25, 2009
Mine is stil alive and kicking, gave it a thorough cleaning a month ago, and replaying hitman 2 now.

thylasos

Aug 12, 2009
It won't read DVD movies any more, for some reason, but it still plays games most of the time.

SnipErlite

Aug 16, 2009
Yep. Had my original for years, my sister has had it for like the last two years. It still works perfectly and the controllers are fine. It's a solid old thing (Y)

ThyReaper

Feb 14, 2010
8 years on, only one repair which was made during it's 5th year. Such a magical box that thing.