Poll: Poll:Is your PS2 still working?

Catie Caraco

Jun 27, 2011
I tried using my ps2 a month or two ago and had no luck, so I 'borrowed' my boyfriend's brother's slim version, and that's going fine. I think it's pathetic that Square's remaking X when there are several other, more deserving, older candidates. I'd rather see VI, VII, and VIII redone first. I've never beaten VI because the graphics make my eyes bleed.

FYI - mine was the old school big black one, but it was 'refurbished' when I got it in 2002... for whatever that's worth.

Manchubot

Sep 9, 2010
I still got an original PS2 from launch and it's still working fine. I had 2 controllers for it and they both died and I used a PS1 controller for it that is from 98 and is 13 years old that I have used with the PS2 for 5 years and still working but I had to buy a new PS2 controller a couple months ago when a few games I bought at a garage sale needed duo shock 2.

Sangreal Gothcraft

Feb 28, 2011
Had the Orignal...but it died :(, on the other hand i still have my PS1....and the games....though i rare;y touch My Console any more, Only for PS1 games and netflix.

Liberator XIII

Jun 29, 2009
I'm playing it now as a matter of fact. Sly 2 FTW!

It hadn't been used in years until I got Disgaea a month ago, but I've rediscovered LOADS of really good games - Sly, Ratchet & Clank, Battlefront, SSX, Scarface... Plus what is still the best party game in existence - Mashed.

Anyone with a working PS2 that hasn't been used in a while, dust it off. Play something and I almost guarantee you'll rediscover an incredibly fun game.

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Yeh I still use it to play DVD's in my room. Games still work but I don't touch them much, lol.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Yepper!

Just replayed Ratchet & Clank 3 on it a few days ago.

And since my 60gig PS3 died last night, I'll be needing even more of it.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Yeah my slim PS2 is still kicking. A little louder nowadays like someone who's voice becomes more and more gravely as they get older but still kicking all the same.

Then again my PS3 is backwards compatible so I don't need to use it anyway.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
I have both so, um...Yeah, go me?

I plan on buying another PS2 (slim) in the next year or so - because I KNOW GameStop/Wal-Mart/ect are going to be phasing them out shortly...if they haven't already.

And, well, I NEED another system to play my 400ish games on.
;)

retrochimp

Dec 13, 2008
I got mine almost immediately after launch and it still "works." By that I mean, it'll only play PSX games, but it plays them well.

Puddleknock

Sep 14, 2011
My original PS2 still works just like the day I bought it.

It remains a relic to a distant time of gaming, as both my old xbox and n64 have gone to the great console heaven in the sky.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Mine second one should still be working. Not sure which version it is though, but I reckon it's a slim. Bought it back in 2003-2004.

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
Not sure how old it is, but I have a slim one and it still works fine.
Been playing Dragon Quest VIII on it until I got near the end and forgot you had to grind for a good 3 years to get any further.

We originally had a bulky PS2, but I don't remember what happened to it. Someone probably dropped it. My family's generally clumsy, myself included.

Fiad

Apr 3, 2010
Got my original fat PS2 the year they came out, still works like a charm. Last thing I played on it was RE: Chain of Memories after I impulse bought it at a used games shop.

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
fucked if i know, but my preowned slim i bought a couple of months back is doing fine.

ipop@you

Oct 3, 2008
Well I used to have a bulky one that was silver and it broke once and they fixed then when it broke a second time they said you could only fix the silver ones once so I was said. Anyways my parents got me a slim which is still alive, kicking and used almost daily now.

Captcha - esentfo plotting, What!? What is the esentfo plotting!?

Keall

Jul 5, 2010
No, my original PS2 isn't working anymore, neither is my PS, but I have a new PS2 that works pretty well. Been playing the hell out of Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King.

Wherethefuckiswally

Aug 3, 2011
During the usual Summer game drought where all the big companies wait for the xmas releases (things like MW3, Asscreed, GOW, etc) I fired up my PS2. First I finally completed kingdom Hearts, then FFX (before I heard about the remake) and the other day I bought FF12 for £5 as well. Can't really go wrong playing the classics, even just for the nostaliga

J-N-K

Apr 8, 2009
If by that you mean "Is your PS2 Emulator still working?", then, yes. Despite making some nice investments in PS2 discs when friends were all moving on, I've never actually owned the console itself. Heh.

MissGinaKid

Mar 16, 2010
I got the original and it works somewhat. There are some games that simply will not play and when you put the disk in it makes this awful grinding sound.