Poll: Poll:Is your PS2 still working?

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
Sure does! I havent played it in ages though, I used to play Shadow of the Collosus every once and a while, but as soon as i heard about the collection I've stayed away for it to let my hunger build up!

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
Not particularly, but it wasn't that great when I bought it. It's just as good/bad as it was when I got it though, so it counts as a yes.
It doesn't play PS1 games, there are a lot of PS2 games it refuses to play, and the few games it will play I have to spend about an hour resetting the console when it doesn't load the disc until it frickin' plays it.
*kicks out the window*

It likes Guitar Hero 3, though. It doesn't mind FFX either. It strongly dislikes Shadow Hearts FTNW but it'll play it. Not many other games work at all.

DannyJBeckett

Jun 29, 2011
Alas, my original PS2 isn't working any more. :(

I foolishly donated it to my sister when I got a PS3 (the fat kind which could still play PS2 games), and she just let it sit under her bed gathering dust and other kinds of nasty gunk which then proceeded to clog-up the fan and smother the motherboard. Then fate kicked me in the other testicle when my fat PS3 bricked and so I had to replace it with a slim one which CAN'T play PS2 games. It was such a stupid move on my part, because now I've go 90 games I want to play but can't, buying used PS2's is so unreliable, and new ones on Amazon and eBay are still ridiculously expensive. Pity, that.

Choppaduel

Mar 20, 2009
Well I have a launch PS3 that still works, probably due to it only getting used once every 6 months.

scar_47

Sep 25, 2010
Yes mine still works its the original model came out release year I got it second hand a year later and its still going strong, I've only had 3 systems break my NES after 18 years, a gameboy that was about7 years old I left it outside in the rain and it worked fine for another 7 or 8 years, and my ps3 got the yellow light crappy first run sodering cracked after 3 years the replacement thought is holding up fine.

Elo125

Oct 19, 2010
Yeah, mine still works. Original model, from the release year. It's taken quite a few beatings, including being stood on for half a minute (don't ask..) and falling to the floor three times from half a meter up, but it's still working. It's a surprisingly sturdy console.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
I have kind of a sad story, actually; my 3000 series (so, really early) fat PS2 was working until about two weeks ago, when I dropped it from a height of about two feet and screwed up the disc tray. There are a couple of repair shops near where I live, and I'm seriously considering getting it repaired. It needed a laser adjustment anyway.

In the meantime, though, I've got a slim PS2 that does work; my parents bought it as a cheap DVD player, and since they now have a nice upconverting DVD player, they let me have the slim PS2 to take to college with me.

RazielXT

Oct 19, 2009
i got only psone but it works like a charm, except i broke somehow one of the plastic things that form circle onto which you insert CD, but that doesnt matter

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
My original still half works. It doesn't play newer games but I could likely fix it if I wanted to. When I got my PS3, I sold my slim (got it when my original didn't work and I was too young to figure out how to fix it) to a friend. It still works for him, though he doesn't use it much anymore.

Mallefunction

Feb 17, 2011
Mine is an original and it still works although it hates my old memory cards. It will only read the files for some games on it.

Syphous

Apr 6, 2009
My original was working up until the day I sold it. I have no idea how the old girl is doing now-a-days, I hope she moved on. I know I did. *humps 360*

Natsumi_Hakubi

Nov 18, 2004
Bought the original PS2 when it was first released, and the thing's been played regularly ever since. Works like a charm, but pretty jerky when playing DVD films. Any instance where games haven't worked has been a problem with the disc, not the console. Still use it today, more than the Xbox 360. Best damn thing I ever bought.

TheBadGamer

Mar 8, 2010
It sure dose even after 7 years it still works with no problems *knock on wood*, I just played some KH II not to long ago.

Von Dean

Feb 10, 2010
my PS2 works fine and I use it frequently to replay Deus Ex,FFXII and other great PS2 games,I also use it to play my old PS1 games.Im surprised I actually have a controller for it,I smashed about 7 or 8 of them during my heavy playing days...

rob_simple

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2010
My PS2 is still working, as are its controllers a good 8 or so years on from purchase.

On the other hand, I recently had to replace my 3 year old PS3 because the lens burned out.

Hooray for the advancement of technology!

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I still have it hooked up, but mostly just for SW:BF 2. Why the hell is there not an HD remix???