Poll: Poll:Is your PS2 still working?

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
i had heard people say that the ps2 breaks a lot. i got an original ps2 that my friend didnt want anymore, back in 2005 (and since it was used i dont know how much older than that it was) and neither the controllers or the console have ever given me trouble (though the dvd player doesnt work as well as it used to)

LorChan

Jul 15, 2009
I don't get a chance to use it much (similar controller issue) but it still works. The one I had when I was really young died, but the one we replaced it with is going strong.

w9496

Jun 28, 2011
Nope. I havethe slim version, and it'll only play games for 15 minutes. Then it decides to turn itself off.

SergeantAnt

Feb 27, 2011
I have the original and it works, it's just mentally handicapped and racist.

It will only read gold or silver(?) disks. Never ever will it read black or blue. Thats how its racist.
Now it's retarded because only half of my silver games work, and about 3/4 of gold discs work. I know it's a software thing, yet it doesnt bug me because all my favorites work >:D

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
I have a launch model. It will turn 11 on October 26th. Hooray!

Oh... and it still works perfectly.

Godhead

Dib dib dib, dob dob dob.
May 25, 2009
My Slim worked fine until my brother and his friends thought it was a good idea to play paintball in the attic. It's not even a big attic.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
I have a silver slim one that I purchased well over 3 years ago, and it is still going strong. Same with my not-slim 360. PS3 crapped out recently though, and no it has cost me over $100 to fix. :( Damn you blinking red lights of death! DAMN YOU!!!

RemSaverem

Aug 13, 2008
For the love of crap.... My Commodore 64 still works fine. Of course my PS2 does. So do my SNES and NES and Genesis.

Now get off my lawn!

Theminimanx

Positively Insane
Mar 14, 2011
My first ps2 slim died, so I bought a new one. Then my first one started working again. It's currently somewhere in a pile of other stuff that I should sell some day.

Odbarc

Elite Member
Jun 30, 2010
My first one broke after a year.
My second one still works that I bought right afterward.

Hashime

Jan 13, 2010
My release day PS2 is still kicking. There are some titles it refuses to play, but in general i works.

Anti-Robot Man

Apr 5, 2010
I had two original PS2s that both failed, my slim-line was still working last time I used it - but it's been a few years since I last connected it up.

Most of my old consoles still work (those I've held onto at least), but the more complex the consoles become the higher the failure rate climbs. My SNES still functions, but it's sound chip seems to have died. I sold my MegaDrive II, but that was in great condition. My first N64 was fried by lightning (I won't hold Nintendo responsible for that one), it's replacement still works perfectly (controllers held up well too). Sold my Gamecube, but that was working when I did. My Xbox crystal still works perfectly. My launch 360 got the 3 red lights twice, but I traded that in after the second repair and got a super elite - which so far has been fine (hope it keeps going strong). All my gameboys still work including the original model. My Wii probably works but is never used.