Poll: Pre-order bonuses

Professor James

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2010
Personally I hate pre-order bonuses. If you don't pre-order the game, you have no chance of getting that special weapon or outfit that gives you X ability. In my book, they're only okay if it's only a visual effect like the recon and flaming helmet armor in Halo:Reach.

Au Naturel.

Apr 4, 2010
Well, $10 more for the MvC3 SE and you get an art book, a comic book, 2 DLC characters, a funky tin and console decals. Are you kidding me? That's a sweet deal!

den0008

Dec 23, 2010
I do not really care about bonuses. The only game I ever pre-ordered was Assassin's Creed II. I only did it to get the art book and the figure.

DesiPrinceX09

Mar 14, 2010
It provides incentive for people to buy the game early at 60 dollars instead of waiting for it to drop to 40 or 30 dollars. Aside from that I think the bonuses are good rewards for people buying it early (especially if they are fans).

Professor James

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2010
Au Naturel. said:
Well, $10 more for the MvC3 SE and you get an art book, a comic book, 2 DLC characters, a funky tin and console decals. Are you kidding me? That's a sweet deal!
That's not a pre-order bonus, that's a special edition version of the game, there's a distinct difference.

theonlyblaze2

Aug 20, 2010
I like the idea, but hate it in practice. Preorder now and get this exclusive gun! Alright, I will. (Two months later) What do you mean I need to be connected to Xbox Live!?

Though some are cool. I remember when Singularity was coming out, if you preordered it from Gamestop, you got a free copy of [Prototype].

Zackary Yakumo

Mar 29, 2010
i think they are rather neat. i man, if i get asteering wheel, 5 fully modified cars, and a plethora of other things with my gt5, im buying it. free caravan shotgun for the mojave wasteland? meh. free grenade rifle? sign me up.

Fenring

Sep 5, 2008
If it's cool, and I want it, I'll preorder. It's not like it will cost extra.

Au Naturel.

Apr 4, 2010
Professor James said:
Au Naturel. said:
That's not a pre-order bonus, that's a special edition version of the game, there's a distinct difference.
Oh yes, it is. Whoopsieeeee~

Well, pre-orders give you gifts for free. So that's nice!

drbarno

Nov 18, 2009
The only Pre-order bonus I got was a crudely made Pokemon wallet fromm Pre-ordering Pokemon Platinum from Play.com

Never even use.

Also, My captcha is referencing Lost right now

Akihiko

Raincoat Killer
Aug 21, 2008
They're alright. I don't mind them permitting everywhere offers the same things. I know with New Vegas. They decided to only sell the Collectors Edition at GAME owned shops, meaning if you wanted the CE, you only had the choice of 2 out of 4 pre-order packs. I couldn't get the one I wanted. Wasn't very happy to be honest.

mornal

Aug 19, 2009
I'm fine with the preorder bonus as long as it's just something fun that will be nice for a while but you'll eventually no longer need. Like in RPGs giving some decent equipment to start with that'll be replaced in a few hours of play.

Chrono180

Dec 8, 2007
I rarely pre-order my games as I prefer to buy them when the price drops to 20-30 dollars. Because of that, I don't like pre-order bonuses, but I don't hate them either.

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
I like pre-order bonuses. I hate the current trend of having a different bonus for each store. I'm not sure where that puts me on the overall.

xdom125x

Dec 14, 2010
I like getting the bonuses from pre-orders but it really depends on the game. Also I prefer outside the game bonuses(like a fugurine or whatever) or only a visual difference(like a differnet gun-skin) as the bonus. I mean the only games I have pre-ordered were Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver for the Ho-Oh and Lugia figurines. Pre-ordering shouldn't give you an advantage over others in-game.