Poll: Quickscoping is dead? HELL YEAH!!!

Extasii

May 22, 2009
Snipers should NOT have the option of being a valid close range weapon EVER. One shot kills at close range? Hmm... sounds so damn familiar.... *gasp* SHOTGUNS!!!
Really, snipers are far overpowered given the quickscope, it makes them great in long, medium, and short range combat. No weapon should have that versatility AND that level of reliability at all ranges. Sniping as a class should be about staying at long range, picking a target, firing once, maybe twice, and moving to a new spot. Assault Rifle classes should be about the medium range, run, crouch, aim take down dude, rinse, repeat. Added bonus for Assaults, you get semi-reliable shots in long and short range. Pointman/Shotgun classes are about hip-firing and run-n-gun gameplay. Great in CQC, but catch em at a range and they're toast. All classes have their strengths and weaknesses. With Quickscoping, it makes the Sniper class dominant at ALL THREE RANGES. So I say: Good riddance to bad rubbish.

May the trolling commence.

dfcrackhead

Apr 14, 2009
So you want a sniper rifle to stop working at close range? thats kinda dumb, it's how the gun and class works.

if you can quickscope efficiently then more power to you, figure out a strategy for beating them

Janus Vesta

Mar 25, 2008
SomethingAmazing said:
Ummm, did you forget an option?

What about stealth classes? I like stealth.
Exactly, and he left SMGs and LMGs.

Also, there are better, less heavy handed ways of removing quickscope, like lowering aim assist on sniper (it doesn't help anyway) and increasing the aim time.

Iron Mal

Jun 4, 2008
I wholeheartedly agree with the OP, it is a little insulting that I make the effort to get close to someone with a shotgun (a weapon with a pathetic range at the best of times, I can only fire back at people at the last possible moment, believe what you want but it is more risky and skill-centric than sniping because of that) that a sniper easily has the option of turning around and killing me with a single bullet anywhere.
dfcrackhead said:
So you want a sniper rifle to stop working at close range? thats kinda dumb, it's how the gun and class works.
That's not really dumb, asking for a sniper rifle to be used for the purpose of sniping is actually a very reasonable request (which most people seem to ignore in favour of easy quick/no scoping kills). If a sniper rifle works just as well as a shotgun at close range (and also has the advantages of being useful at all rangesand highly accurate, as well as usually being faster firing and having more ammo) then it begs the question of why bother even including other weapons in the first place?

Extasii

May 22, 2009
SomethingAmazing said:
Janus Vesta said:
SomethingAmazing said:

Exactly, and he left SMGs and LMGs.

Also, there are better, less heavy handed ways of removing quickscope, like lowering aim assist on sniper (it doesn't help anyway) and increasing the aim time.
I agree on increasing scope in time. That actually makes sense.
I like it too. I actually think that this is what Activision ended up implementing. I heard it was a 2 second aim-time

Octorok

May 28, 2009
dfcrackhead said:

I just I what I don't even....

Before I actually claw my own toes off, please go read the long threads that detail exactly why quickscoping is less than stellar.

THATISNOTHOWTHEGUNWOR- *Ahem*. That is most certainly not what the sniper role is for, and quickscoping is a plague of a glitch that has ruined every Call of Duty multiplayer for years.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
I am annoyed that we have to wait 2-3 seconds to be able to hit the target. I dont quick scope but if I see someone far away and I aim at him I wont be counting the seconds to know if its ok to shoot. Why not make the animation from the hip view to the scope take longer instead of this akward situation?

Extasii

May 22, 2009
SomethingAmazing said:

My bad. I agree that stealth play is viable and very VERY fun. =D

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
Octorok said:
dfcrackhead said:

I just I what I don't even....

Before I actually claw my own toes off, please go read the long threads that detail exactly why quickscoping is less than stellar.

THATISNOTHOWTHEGUNWOR- *Ahem*. That is most certainly not what the sniper role is for, and quickscoping is a plague of a glitch that has ruined every Call of Duty multiplayer for years.
Im pretty sure he was joking

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Oooh, ooh - I have a novel idea! How about... erm,... how about snipers don't kill you in one shot by default? :D You know - forcing you to aim for the head and stuff? Huh? Whacha think of that? :D

See how BFBC2 did snipers, copy, paste, presto decent game with happy snipers that still take some skill to pull off.

*puts on flame shield, hearing the footsteps of a massive 12x scope hate crowd*

andrew.wright16

Sep 14, 2010
Alot of games ignore just how heavy the majority of snipers are to carry- which could have an effect of how quickly you aim with the scope- after all, thats why reflex scopes are preferred by special forces becuase they can target opponents far quicker than with a scope.
I also think that weapons such as shotguns are greatly underestimated- especially so in regards to range. Its gotten slightly better nowadays but most developers forget that a shotgun can take someone down in a single at a much further distance than they let it in their games.

The 2 second scope delay is a very viable way of sorting it out though.

BaldursBananaSoap

May 20, 2009
josemlopes said:
I am annoyed that we have to wait 2-3 seconds to be able to hit the target. I dont quick scope but if I see someone far away and I aim at him I wont be counting the seconds to know if its ok to shoot. Why not make the animation from the hip view to the scope take longer instead of this akward situation?
You don't have to wait 3 seconds at all. You can try and quickscope but the bullet goes in a completely random direction now instead of some shitty aim-assist that locks on to the target for an easy kill. It just takes like 2 seconds to ready up the shot so that it goes where your crosshair is.

sneakypenguin

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 31, 2008
Country
usa
josemlopes said:
Exactly what this guy said. this fixes one problem at the expense of another. If i see someone snipeable and i have to wait 2 seconds before my reticle is actually legitimately on him he's likely already gone.

Imagine you see someones head through a window you line it up perfectly fire.... and the bullet hits 4 ft to the left, how freaking annoying will that be. Sniping is nerfed hardcore if the videos i've seen are remotely true.

ItsAChiaotzu

Apr 20, 2009
Zekksta said:
ItsAChiaotzu said:
Don't worry, your ignorant viewpoint is shared quite commonly on this site even if it's completely wrong. You don't have to worry about trolls.
Using that logic then neither do you.
That made .. no sense.