Poll: Quitting candy

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
Actually a little bit of dark chocolate is good for you, being rich in antioxidants and triggering the reduce of serotonin (thus reducing stress.) It's over-consumption that ruins it, as most people lack the restraint to eat in moderation.

Xpwn3ntial

Avid Reader
Dec 22, 2008
The idea here is moderation, people. I haven't eaten sweets in weeks, but I don't flat out quit.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
DeadlyYellow said:
Actually a little bit of dark chocolate is good for you, being rich in antioxidants and triggering the reduce of serotonin (thus reducing stress.) It's over-consumption that ruins it, as most people lack the restraint to eat in moderation.
I'd forgotten about that. Still, I want to be consistent, so I'll stay away from the 90% cocoa chocolate for now.

GiantRedButton

Mar 30, 2009
I'm almost constantly eating in order to keep my 52 kilogram of weight, if i'll quit candy I'll propably die^^

Igen

Apr 28, 2009
Theres other ways to get the nutrients you would get from chocolate, its not like a single food type is the only source of one or more needed nutrients. A little google and wiki search will lead you to other foods with the same benefits.

I dont eat candy, I just dont have the taste buds for it any more. I do love meat though, tacos and burgers and fried chicken. Though interesting fact, you mentioned calories... a breakfast muffin has close to 700 calories, while a Big Mac has only 540. All bread products are mostly calories. You need calories to survive, its your fuel. All the other nutrients act to maintain your bodies peak performance.

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
Why would you give up something you enjoy? I'll never understand that.

Deviltongue

Feb 2, 2008
I'd understand cutting back on candy, I did that a long time ago, but quitting outright? You're on your own for that one.

JokerCrowe

Nov 12, 2009
Awww! why did you have to mention all the candy you're quitting? You made me want to have all those things you mentioned now!
You quit on your own. I'll be here with a warm blanket and a bag full of candy when you give up. Don't worry.

But seriously, good for you! Quitting "cold turkey" may actually be the most effective way to get rid of an addiction. I hope it works out well : )

bam13302

Dec 8, 2009
Lol, i ususally dont eat candy, and i dont like chips, cheese doodles, etc..
Yea, i know, im wierd

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
Good job, Queen Michael. I have to advise you that healthy snacks are good for you, though, so maybe the "only proper meals" thing is a bit silly. Humans are designed to "graze" a bit every once in a while, so don't be afraid to have an apple or carrot between meals if you're feeling hungry. Otherwise you might eat more than you should come meal time.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
Good to see other people who are trying to get off unhealthy foods for one reason or another.

I'll have been off most snacks for an entire year May 17th.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
I would, but I don't have that much willpower. Plus there's a Coke and grape soda in glass bottles in the fridge right now.

You made me really thirsty.

Polyg0n

Jul 16, 2009
No way I`ll stop eating unhealthy shit. I do so much sports that I am quite fit even though I have me some candies pretty much every day. So there`s no point in stopping.

KimberlyGoreHound

Mar 17, 2010
No way. I like my candy, muffins, cookies, chips, etc, and will not be giving up any of it. You're not on your own, but I'm certainly not with you.

The Spectator

Sep 14, 2009
I have actually quit anything that is sweet. Haven't eaten or drink anything sweet since october last year. Combining that with bicycling(?) for 20km a day, I lost about 10kg.

Besides I have stopped enjoying candy and coke since I found out these suckers have like.. 2 in pH.

Vilcus

Jun 29, 2009
I quit a long time ago. Then I came back, but only in a limited extent (I won't eat dohnuts, hard candy, or anything else that is basically pure sugar). My reason for quitting was that I got cancor sores when I had too many sweets. So to avoid the horrid annoyance of the mouth ulcers I stopped eating pure sugar. Mind you I will eat a feshly baked pastry when oppoortunity presents itself, and a birthday cake is always nice to share with friends.

Anyways, good luck to you on your journey to quit sweets. It can seem like it's not worth it at times, but once you are free from the hold sugar has on your mind you will feel so much better.

Eliam_Dar

Nov 25, 2009
Impossible, I would not be able to do that. We have something here called "Rhodesia" whicn I cannot quit, each time I eat one, my memmory flashes back to my childhood, it brings the best memmories of that time....