Feb 7, 2008
M4t3us said:
silent-treatment said:
Whew lets see...
I've got an AMD Anthlon 7450 Dual Core 2400Mhz
3 Gigs of RAM
Nvidia GeForce 9200 onboard chip
Running 32 Vista
and to top it all off it is a small profile computer with terrible airflow.
The graphics board is below optimal, but it shouldn't cause the mentioned problems, Vista might be the issue. Have you considered paying the $30 upgrade to Windows 7? Also, 32 bit OS's don't allocate more than 2GB's RAM, by default, so you might want to consider investing the 64bit version and replacing the 1 GB stick with another 2GB one.

@Alorxico
Alorxico said:
The mouse acceleration issues are a problem, yes, but with the fixes already suggested you should've been able to work around the issue by now. As for the remapping the controls issue, that was fixed in 1.3, I suggest you update your game.
Not quite, unstable FPS (or sub 30fps performance) can cause mouse sensitivity issues in games.

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
so you pulled out some old xbox controller you havent used in ages? Maybe the controllers died and the mouse thing is another unrelated issue. You try it with any other games?

FarleShadow

Oct 31, 2008
This sounds abit overblown, ZP style complaint.

I played Skyrim, which as far as I care, the only problem is its not Fallout and I don't have a Plasma Rifle.

That said, I don't really feel Skyrim engages me as a player, choices lack any real depth or meaning, there are zero consequences (When a Dadric Prince (sp?) asked me to kill his sychopant, I chopped them up without cost or concern without any negative karma).

In Fallout/NV I got the feeling that hostiles were hostiles, good guys were good guys and my actions meant a shit.
In Skyrim, I felt the world had been replaced by robots who would compliment me on my choice of Daedric Mace of Soulkiller as the Archmage/thieves guild head in one moment and then tell me to fuck off because I was a Kajiit.
Or ask me to enchant their sword. then walk away. LOOK AT ME WHEN I'M TALKING TO YOU GUARD!

Alorxico

Jan 5, 2011
Thank you to everyone who has made constructive suggestions. I apologize for not responding sooner, but work has been insane. I did update the original post earlier with the specs for my computer, but will take the time on my day off to make the adjustments and updates suggested to me by others playing the PC version.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
Alorxico said:
To those who want more details about my computer; it is a Gateway DX4850 with a Core i5-2300 Quad-Core 2.8GHz processor, 6GB of RAM, 1.5TB of hard-drive space and an ATI-Raedon HD 4600 graphics card. The wired control was for the 360. If you need anything else, just let me know.
Are you sure your GPU is specifically a HD 4600, not another model in the HD 4600 series?

It's hard to find specs and information about the HD 4600 because it's quite old doesn't appear on many contemporary GPU hierarchy charts, but from what little I could find apparently it has a 3DMark benchmark score of only 850 - for comparison, my mid level GPU has a score of 4680 while a high end GPU has a score of over 9000 [http://community.futuremark.com/hardware/gpu/ATI+Radeon+HD+4600/review].

I think the GPU could be bottlenecking your system, because while your processor and RAM meets the minimum system requirements, because the GPU is underpowered the control issues you're experiencing is probably just input lag... it's taking some time for the GPU to process and display any actions you're performing.

Google results seem to indicate that the Gateway DX4850 isn't really meant for gaming, it's more of a multimedia computer that lacks the power supply to support a more demanding graphics card (300W isn't really enough for gaming), so short of replacing the PSU and GPU you could try turning down all the graphics settings in Skyrim to the minimum and see whether that makes it run more smoothly.

Another possible explanation for your controller issues could be that your computer's 300W PSU is really being pushed to the limit by Skyrim (especially if your GPU isn't the low end HD 4600, but a more powerful contemporary model in the 4600 series), so plugging in a wired controller which also draws power could be the straw that broke the camel's back.

Also, what does Can You Run It? [http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/intro.aspx] say when you check the system requirements for Skyrim on your computer? That site is quite a good indicator of how well your computer can run a game, as well as highlighting any weak link that may prevent good performance.

TomLikesGuitar

Jul 6, 2010
Why is this stickied?

Edit: Oh shit... so thats what the bookmark button does... nvm everyone, I'm retarded...

sry for necroing this thread