Poll: Re-Readable Books

Tasachan

Jan 28, 2010
I always go back to my Nicolas Evans books. Sure, they're probably girly, but they were my first real "adult" books. I sampled The Smoke Jumper sometime in grade 6 or 7, and made the move from Animorphs and Fear Street over to everything he had written.
I've read The Smoke Jumper, and The Horse Whisperer over 5 times each. The Divide three times (I've misplaced it, otherwise it would be more) and The Loop only twice, since I just bought it last spring.

Also, as a kid I'm pretty sure I read through all of my Animorphs books (probably about 1/2 of the series, give or take) at least two or three times each... and a few of them were more than that. I know I read some of the special side stories (about... dinosaurs I think, and another about jumping through time) a good five times+ each.

When I have more time, I'd like to re-read the Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit.

... I just like to read, and when I have a day to myself I'll power through a good book all at once.

Sariteiya

Jun 10, 2011
Kinpatsu said:
I tend to re-read a lot of my favorite books. The ones I've gone through lately are:

Christine - Stephen King
Lioness Rampant - Tamora Pierce
Love Is a Dog From Hell - Charles Bukowski
The Sandman: Fables and Reflections - Neil Gaiman
FINALLY. Someone who's read Tamora Pierce. I love her, I've read most of her books a few times over.

Aside from that, I've read the Harry Potter series a few times over, as she throws a lot of Chekhov's guns into her books, so it's fun to go back and catch them all. Also Phillip Pullman's Dark Materials, but those are just for enjoyment.

Really the one I've probably read the most is Watership Down though. I love the language and vivid description.

Mrrrgggrlllrrrg

Jun 21, 2010
GasMasksAreForChumps said:
Did you read the book in Russian? Or has it been translated into English yet?
It's been translated to a few languages including english, I heard some of the translations dont make sense or is pretty broken. I have the book in Russian so I don't know the quality of the english version.

TheLoneBeet

Feb 15, 2011
I've read The Hobbit at least ten times. The Lord of the Rings books have each gotten at least three reads. Besides that I haven't really bothered to re-read any books.

Stasisesque

Nov 25, 2008
Sariteiya said:
Really the one I've probably read the most is Watership Down though. I love the language and vivid description.
Omigodyou'reme.

Watership Down is my most read book too! So much so I'm on my third copy.