Poll: Reason for getting a Wii?

SickCuchulainn

Aug 17, 2008
Got it for Zelda & Metroid, mainly use it for emulation now. If it was just for Wii titles I'd regret having bought it, but being able to play old games with a Gamecube pad & sharper picture makes up for it (also my Gamecube was getting dodgy, and there's loads of games for that I liked).

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
GonzoGamer said:
Hubilub said:
3 words

No. More. Heroes.
I'm very sorry.
Is the sequel better at least?

I got the wii for my wife who actually enjoys it.
What? Why are you sorry?

No More Heroes was fucking awesome.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Bought it willingly, haven't Regretted it yet. plenty of games for it, and quite a few titles are worth noting that don't quite hit mass attention. Spectrobes, de Blob, things like that.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I wanted it for Christmas and to finally play all the 3D Zelda games.

Disappointed in the Zelda games, but not in Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition and Okami and Muramasa and Metroid Prime Trilogy!

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
The OP obviously has a bias against the Wii, and the poll is one of the stupidest ones I've seen for a while. The Wii is not dumb. Some so-called 'hardcore' gamers don't like it because it opens up gaming to other people, like my mother, who won't play stuff like COD4 or Resident Evil or Morrowind and whatnot. How the hell did they themselves get into gaming in the first place, eh?

Anyway, I don't have a Wii myself, but my mum does. My dad got her one for Christmas last month, along with Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort. She also had a new game yesterday for her birthday (not sure what game though). She's a casual gamer, starting with Crash and Spyro on the PS1 years ago and now leading to the DS and Wii (though she uses my DS, oesn't have one herself). But when I was home from university, I played the Wii and loved it. It's got fun games and just because the graphics aren't brilliant and so on, people denounce it as being 'kiddy'. Just thought I should get that little rant across.

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
I got it for Christmas in 2006, but I'm not regretting it at all. The first party games are high quality, and third party support is not as bad as it's made out to be. Whenever I hear some 360 or PS3 fanboy say the Wii has no good games, I respond with something I once heard someone say: "If there seriously isn't a single game on the Wii that interests you, then gaming should not be your hobby."

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
PhunkyPhazon said:
I got it for Christmas in 2006, but I'm not regretting it at all. The first party games are high quality, and third party support is not as bad as it's made out to be. Whenever I hear some 360 or PS3 fanboy say the Wii has no good games, I respond with something I once heard someone say: "If there seriously isn't a single game on the Wii that interests you, then gaming should not be your hobby."
I gotta use that from now on.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
I got one last christmas (2008) as a present with Wii sports and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, a week later I went to Gamestation and got near £200 in store credit for that chunk

DemonicVixen

Oct 24, 2009
I havnt got one yet, but i really cant wait to save up and get one. My neighbour has one and im planning to spend time with her two young kids whom i often babysit, and play on theirs. I've already done the Sports Resort which was really fun, there was also another one (or maybe it was the same but for the older Wii) which was also a sports one and was fantastic.

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
Hubilub said:
3 words

No. More. Heroes.
Yup. That's the only reason I got it. Well, also Sadness [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sadness_%28video_game%29], but that's starting to look like another Duke Nukem Forever.

The only reason I've still got it is because I'm waiting to finish No More Heroes (nearly done, just haven't got around to it) and then play NMH2. As soon as I'm done with that, the Wii will be sold.

p3t3r

Apr 16, 2009
i bought it because it seemed so cool when it first came out for younger me. all of my friends have wiis and never play them. all play ps3 or xbox

DrDeath3191

Mar 11, 2009
I bought the Wii to play good games on it. I'm not lacking in any for the moment, before any snark comes my way.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Metroid, that's literally it. So I could play my Gamecube Metroid games, and the Wii version which was coming out soon after I got the Wii. I haven't turned it on much at all honestly ...Well I did use some extra points to download Blaster Master because there's no save feature on the original cart so you have to beat it straight through. But yeah, not to knock the system but I rarely ever use it.

MetaKnight19

Jul 8, 2009
I got my Wii on launch day, 28th December 2006. While I don't play it as much as I used to, I still fire up Mario Kart or Smash Bros occasionally.

DrDeath3191

Mar 11, 2009
GonzoGamer said:
Hubilub said:
3 words

No. More. Heroes.
I'm very sorry.
Is the sequel better at least?
Dude, I'm all for free speech and all, but do you really have to bash this game every time it's mentioned? Is it just a reflex? You didn't like it. We get it.
And for fans of the original, yes the sequel is fucking awesome(the third boss is absolutely astounding), but since what you hated was the combat, not the overworld (which has been drastically improved by not existing), then you still won't like it.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
Where is the option for "i knew exactly why i bought it and it is still serving exactly its original purpose."

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
Brawl, Twilight Princess, and Red Steel were my main motivations for getting the Wii. It just sits there collecting dust mostly except for when I feel like playing some of the games from my childhood that I've downloaded onto it.