Poll: Recurring dreams?

furry-ryuu-ken

Jun 16, 2010
Not night after night but more then once?
Mine is a dream like majora's mask, and one where i dupe clothing.
Good ol' zelda games...
Also recurring themes work as well, like seeing the same thing in different dreams, but only that or a few things.

Tempest Fennac said:
I don't have the same dreams over and over but I said Sometimes on the poll because there's certain things which often pop up in my dreams; I've had several where I've either been a Gnoll (7'6", 300 Lb or so anthro hyenas from D&D), a couple where I've been a talking fennec fox with magical abilities, several dreams which have revolved around me killing large amounts of things (it's normally zombies), and I usually have some sort of magical ability like shapeshifting or healing if those other elements aren't present. I've had a couple which have resembled 8-bit video games as well (1 Gnoll dream had an isometric viewpoint and I seemed to be controlling the Gnoll which seemed to be me using a computer, and one dream where I was a talking fennec resembled an early FF game).
dragon_of_red said:
I had a bunch of sequential dreams once.

It involved me being an a large scale battle between quite random races and stupid monsters and we had a war. It was freaking awesome.
Aquilla said:
I had a set of dreams once that I was being chased by The Solid Liquid Metal bloke from Terminator 2. I'd not seen it, only heard stories about him....this went on for a week and I had to ask my mate how he was killed in the film so I could try that in my dream.

I also used to have a terrifying dream about looking for 'Doug' from Nickelodeon, but finding Mr Hyde from the Pagemaster....as I tried to turn and run away my trousers fell down. Had that one a load...
Frequen-Z said:
I get recurring themes, but not whole dreams.

Teeth falling out :(
_Janny_ said:
I don't exactly have the same dream twice, but rather the same theme. Ever since I was a kid I've been dreaming that I end up in the middle of the ocean and I slowly drown. I can't swim, so I guess that plays a big part in why I keep getting these dreams.
CloudKiller said:
I've had this dream a few times. Theres a huge painting of a field of flowers, mostly blue and red ones, and in the field there's a little girl and a lion. I step into the painting and I see two blue ribbons the girl is playing with one of them and the other is tied around the lions paw and I know that I have to take one of these ribbons but I don't know which and the dream always ends before I make a decision.

Dragon_of_red

Dec 30, 2008
I had a bunch of sequential dreams once.

It involved me being an a large scale battle between quite random races and stupid monsters and we had a war. It was freaking awesome.

Mr_spamamam

Mar 4, 2009
tends to be about zombies, or the one where I'm swimming and get confronted by a white shark, sometimes it eats me and other times it just circles round me a few timea then just swims off

iLikeHippos

Jan 19, 2010
Well... I remember one nightmare occuring more than twice.

... Though it wasn't as scary the second time as I somehow already knew I had it in my dream.

So I knew that I had dreamt of it, in my dream, but it was real than.... To me in the dream.
It's kind of complicated I know.

delet

Nov 2, 2008
It's very unlikely that I'll remember my dreams, so it's almost impossible for me to get recurring dreams.

The closest I've ever come to recurring dream is in the subject matter, and that was only twice. Two nights in a row, I dreamed I was mugged. Those dreams sucked...

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
I seem to get knifed a lot in my dreams.

Not a recurring dream as such, it just seems to happen a lot.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
I've had recurring dreams. Partial, completely the same or dreams that link into other dreams. On the latter, I had a dream where I put a BB gun into a locker. A few months later I had a dream where I went back and took it out of the locker.

Every one I've told that stuff said I was wierd, but meh :)

LongAndShort

I'm pretty good. Yourself?
May 11, 2009
No, but I've been experiencing a lot of Dejavu (how you spell it?). You know, I'll be doing something and I'll suddenly realize "Shit, I had a dream exactly (and I mean exactly) like this." It's fuckin weird.

I'll be sure to warn you guys if I dream about the end of the world (I'm not saying I'm a prophet... yet).

Lucifron

Dec 21, 2009
Yes, sort of. I frequently dream that I'm in the middle of a zombie or alien apocalypse. It's like watching an awesome series of movies.

Riobux

Apr 15, 2009
Zombie survival. The events are usually generally different but the zombie part reoccurs.

Antitonic

Enlightened Dispenser Of Truth!
Feb 4, 2010
I'm able to recall most of my dreams when I feel like it, so recurring dreams = very yes.
TheJoojo said:
Frequen-Z said:
I have that too!
Teeth falling out suggests concern over your physical or social appearance. Break up recently? Put on a little weight? Embarrass yourself in public? These can be linked to it.

It also could mean worry over literal teeth. Going to the dentist soon? Forget to brush?

eggy32

Nov 19, 2009
I never have the same dream twice but sometimes i have part of a dream come back in a different dream. Sometimes i'll even reference other dreams in my dreams.

chiefohara

Sep 4, 2009
Antitonic said:
I'm able to recall most of my dreams when I feel like it, so recurring dreams = very yes.
TheJoojo said:
Frequen-Z said:
I have that too!
Teeth falling out suggests concern over your physical or social appearance. Break up recently? Put on a little weight? Embarrass yourself in public? These can be linked to it.

It also could mean worry over literal teeth. Going to the dentist soon? Forget to brush?
Its also a sign of stress, i get that dream when work is hectic and im under pressure.

furry-ryuu-ken

Jun 16, 2010
eggy32 said:
I never have the same dream twice but sometimes i have part of a dream come back in a different dream. Sometimes i'll even reference other dreams in my dreams.
Thats how it is with me, for example, i am now seeing a brown humanoid cat that looks animated, in LOT of my dreams, and its creepy.

_Janny_

Mar 6, 2008
I don't exactly have the same dream twice, but rather the same theme. Ever since I was a kid I've been dreaming that I end up in the middle of the ocean and I slowly drown. I can't swim, so I guess that plays a big part in why I keep getting these dreams.

Aquilla

Oct 21, 2008
I had a set of dreams once that I was being chased by The Solid Liquid Metal bloke from Terminator 2. I'd not seen it, only heard stories about him....this went on for a week and I had to ask my mate how he was killed in the film so I could try that in my dream.

I also used to have a terrifying dream about looking for 'Doug' from Nickelodeon, but finding Mr Hyde from the Pagemaster....as I tried to turn and run away my trousers fell down. Had that one a load...