Poll: Revolution 60 has been Greenlit

Haerthan

Mar 16, 2014
So REvolution 60, Brianna Wu's game, has been Greenlit on Steam. I am somewhat interested in it. What do you guys think?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/updates/386454385

NO TROLLING.

Captcha: Plus or minus. Dafuq you want Captcha?

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
It is shit but a lot of other shit has been Greenlit so it isnt suprising.

Still, the voice acting doesnt seem that bad.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Eh...I don't like the look of the design. It looks like a game from ten years ago, and not a good one at that.

Then again I still don't know who Wu really is, or why she pisses so many people off to the point where I see plenty of transphobic slurs thrown at her.

Username Redacted

Dec 29, 2010
Haerthan said:
Captcha: Plus or minus. Dafuq you want Captcha?
Captcha works in mysterious ways. With regards to this game even dissociating it from its creator/politics it looks like what it is. A kinda crappy iOS port with very dated graphics and gameplay oriented around my least favorite control scheme (touch controls are the devil). Now that last part is obviously going to change a bit with a PC release but I can't imagine that it's actually going to go well. So that would be one more for 'No, not interested'.

MerlinCross

Apr 22, 2011
SlumlordThanatos said:
Eh. Who cares? It's gonna flop just like the iOS version.
Not enough 'New Gamers' buying it I bet.

It'll fail but I wonder if this will teach her about the free market.

Haerthan

Mar 16, 2014
MerlinCross said:
SlumlordThanatos said:
Eh. Who cares? It's gonna flop just like the iOS version.
Not enough 'New Gamers' buying it I bet.

It'll fail but I wonder if this will teach her about the free market.
Dude we are all gamers, regardless of what we are playing: Console, PC, Mobile, Facebook etc. None of that casual vs hardcore BS. IF it fails it fails. So what? Keep trying until it works.

MerlinCross

Apr 22, 2011
Haerthan said:
Dude we are all gamers, regardless of what we are playing: Console, PC, Mobile, Facebook etc. None of that casual vs hardcore BS. IF it fails it fails. So what? Keep trying until it works.
You misunderstand me. Wu has said that R60 is for 'New Gamers' who like story - period. I can't seem to find the post that really ticked me off but if Wu and her team have control over the discussion area, that could be removed(that's a guess that's not me putting on the tinfoil hat).

Really I'd expect 'New Gamers' to take look at this, not pick it up, and move on.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Um...no. No I am not interested. At all.

That looks absolutely atrocious. I don't want to be overly harsh but that looks like utter shit. It just looks bad. Fractally bad, in fact.

If the asking price is more than five bucks I might even consider it a scam.

Just...that rendering engine and art style...

*shudder*

Anyone that lazy, amateurish, and uninspired in their engine and asset building is likely just as lazy, amateurish, and uninspired with their game design and writing ability.

[edit]
And now I actually hate this game and am disgusted by the people behind it. From what I've gathered, the primary reason this game even made it to Greenlight was because Wu played the "victim card" by claiming, "The evil Gamergaters want to shut us down! Stand up for what's right and upvote us!"[footnote]Paraphrased.[/footnote]

That's as fucking scummy as it gets. Fuck this game.

cleric of the order

Sep 13, 2010
MerlinCross said:
You misunderstand me. Wu has said that R60 is for 'New Gamers' who like story - period. I can't seem to find the post that really ticked me off but if Wu and her team have control over the discussion area, that could be removed(that's a guess that's not me putting on the tinfoil hat).

Really I'd expect 'New Gamers' to take look at this, not pick it up, and move on.
>tinfoil hat?
Lad from what i understand that's par for the course with her type.
I look at this and go, it will be a sad day for high art if this is every well liked.

Haerthan

Mar 16, 2014
MerlinCross said:
Haerthan said:

So her fans will like it, everybody else will just look and see another Greenlit indie game. Been there done that. Although for me its Bioware, instead of an indie game. (thanks for the check guys)

Captcha: Glazed Donut. That will fit into my beer boot.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
It looks...... really bad. The description makes it sound interesting, but that trailer looked absolutely terrible. No, not just from a graphical standpoint, the dialog sounded hilariously cliche and the only describable gameplay looked like some extremely basic strategy stuff on a grid.

Lil_Rimmy

Mar 19, 2011
Oh shit, yeah, I remember this thing. A while back there was... a thing. Like an announcement or controversy or some bullshit about this. It still looks GOD AWFUL. Like, holy shit this looks bad. Wasn't this meant to be about female heroes or something (which I assume was how it became controversial or whatever it did) and all I remember thinking was that they didn't look female, they looked like Lovecraftian horrors?

Jesus, this game looks so bad that my memory has permanently burned all trace of it. The only way I can recall it is through little ash particles floating around, yet to be consumed by the all burning fire that is my brain not wanting to know something.

Also, looking at the steam screenshots of the game, it appears to be some kind of weird tile based shooter with what can be easily called a HUD that apparently shat itself to death halfway to creation.

ALSO ALSO HOLY SHIT WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS BULLSHIT:
I just looked again at the game screenshots and I saw something that is truly a steaming pile of hot liquid bullshit. There is a screenshot of a few scenes with things like "Spinkick!" and "Countdown!" which I thought were just overlays or comic style descriptions of what is happening in the scene.
HAHAHAH NOPE. Turns out it's a giant QTE. Yes. It's a giant QTE. You type out the letters of what is happening in the scene to make it happen. In one scene, you type S U P R I S E... to play a scene about surprise.

Yup. It seems this game has literally created the evolution of QTE - letting the player truly immerse themselves by pressing the unpause button every few seconds. Please tell me this isn't real.

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
Uh... no. Nothing about it looks appealing in any way whatsoever and the only reason people even know it exists is because Brianna Wu is fa mous for being a terrible person on the internet.

Amir Kondori

Apr 11, 2013
Apparently if you say that "gamergaters" are out to get your game people will get it greenlit regardless of its merit or quality.

In any case it looks pretty awful but until the game is released and playable we won't really know.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
It doesn't seem like my cup of tea but it kinda irks me with how many people are being outright jerks in the comments on the game's greenlit page.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Well it looks very very cheap, even if this was 2003.
The design obviously comes from Mass Effect, but every part I liked in ME replaced with touch screen specific quicktime events, considering mobile ports are always horrid and QTE is their main game mechanic this I expect will be painful to play.

Certainly not my kind of game.

DOOM GUY

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone
Jul 3, 2010
Gameplay looks bad, graphics look bad, artstyle looks bad, story seems bad... yeah, not interested.

Regarding Steam though, I was super, super happy to see Neptunia stay on the first page of the top sellers for an entire week, NEPU NEPU!

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
I saw one image of a chick with insane blonde hair and that was enough for me. Looks like it just crawled out from the early 2000s. Other than that, neat. I'm sure the fans of the game will be excited to play their game.

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
"I expect a lot of people to down vote our game because they dislike Brianna Wu"
Lol, Brianna Wu and playing the pitty card is probably the only reason anyone up votes that trash.