Poll: ROFL

Zebidizy

Apr 8, 2009
during acid trips I generally at one point roll on the floor laughing my head of at something inconsequential...or during a smoking session someone says something or we watch something that breaks me (i cant stop laughing for a good 5/10 mins or so) xD

Mar 30, 2010
Pretty much. Perhaps not rolling on the floor, but certainly doubled over crying. And I must say that anyone who hasn't is taking their life far too seriously.

smearyllama

May 9, 2010
I've laughed to the point where I have had some serious breathing issues (my sister can get me laughing like crazy) it's especially embarrassing because instead of some deep, manly laugh I giggle uncontrollably.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Egoraptor videos.

My first ROFL was from Metal Gear Awesome 2 when I watched it for the first time a couple years ago.

A more recent example would be Awesome Reach.

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
I've had a couple times where I nearly ROFLed. If I had been standing I would have. I was sitting and/or laying and I couldn't breath because I was laughing so much. Fun times. But yes, it is usually an exaggeration.

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
Go back and watch the 1995 Power Rangers movie. I rofl'd. My friend 3 feet away from me rofl'd so hard he almost broke skull open.

Let me put it this way. The big bad guy is "Ivan Ooze". He can create a thick purple liquid ((from his body mind you)) and decides he will distribute it across the entire world, to mind control everyone. Do note that this "Ooooooze" has a similar viscosity to a sexual fluid produced by males. He markets it to children. CHILDREN.

The entire movie is full of sexual innuendos a 5 year old would have never got. And if you notice, the Blue ranger, who should be a teenager like the rest of them, looks almost 30.
^this guy, is running around in a tight spandex suit. And were supposed to believe is around 18-20.

Theres ever a scene where the White ranger does 20-40 front flips, from the top of a construction site, and in the middle of it, is able to change his course. In mid air. He physically changes directions, in mid air, with the help of no propulsion.

Its a must see again if you feel like laughing so hard you need 2 changes of pants. I rofl'd 3 times during this movie. Maybe more. I lost count once i got so lightheaded i couldnt see straight.

Insanum

The Basement Caretaker.
May 26, 2009
I use 'Lol' If something amuses me or I've said something half serious.

I use LMAO when i'm genuinely laughing my ass off.

...ROFL...Very rarely.

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
I've done it more than once but not all the time. Perhaps all the time when I say it....Though the first time I did it, it hurt. I fell out of my chair onto the floor and that alone made me laugh harder.

Dethenger

Jul 27, 2011
Nope. Closest thing I've ever come, though this does happen with some frequency, is that I'll laugh so hard a stumble; even if I'm sitting I react so strongly I end out of my chair and doubled over.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
The Shadowlord said:
This is an expression that bugs me. I always assume it's a massive exaggeration. I can't imagine anyone finding something so funny they literally lose control and throw themselves to the floor and start rolling around like they're on fire. But maybe that's just me, being the cynical pessimist that I am.
It's a metaphor... of course nobody does it, but the symbology shows how funny you think it is...

Think of Monty Python and the Life of Brian, and you will see an entire crowd ROFL... of course that never happenes, but it was a visual representation of how funny they thought the situation was...

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I don't roll but I can be forced to the ground by laughter from either a standing or sitting position. Sometimes things are just that damn hilarious.

Monkeyman O'Brien

Jan 27, 2012
Never rolled but have had to take a knee I was laughing so hard. And about 3 times in my life I have had laughing fits where something set me off and I literally could not stop laughing no matter how hard I tried. Last one lasted like 15 minutes. Fortunately my teacher was a nutritionist so just said it was probably because I was lacking something and did not get pissed off at me.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
I think I have a couple of times, but I believe I was also already on the floor.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Two years ago, my friend heard the distinctive laugh which is featured at the beginning of the Gorillaz' Feel Good Inc. The result was him literally ROFLing. To this day, I have no idea why it was so funny. I have to admit it was pretty amusing though. I've never ROLF'd but I'd love to. Laughing is awesome!

GenericAmerican

Dec 27, 2009
I've seen someone rolling on the floor while laughing. But the best I've ever is falling to my knees from laughing hard enough.

Sightless Wisdom

Resident Cynic
Jul 24, 2009
I distinctly remember a time in which I was rolling around literally in pain because I could not stop laughing. At the time I couldn't have been any more than 10 years old, and since then no such thing has occurred.