Poll: ROFL

game-lover

Dec 1, 2010
I voted nearly because I don't believe I've ever rolled around. But I have laughed so hard, I pretty much collapsed or just slid to the ground and stayed there in fits. Maybe I'd turn onto my back if I went down on my stomach but that's it.

The Shadowlord

Jul 18, 2011
Elementary - Dear Watson said:
The Shadowlord said:
This is an expression that bugs me. I always assume it's a massive exaggeration. I can't imagine anyone finding something so funny they literally lose control and throw themselves to the floor and start rolling around like they're on fire. But maybe that's just me, being the cynical pessimist that I am.
It's a metaphor... of course nobody does it, but the symbology shows how funny you think it is...

Think of Monty Python and the Life of Brian, and you will see an entire crowd ROFL... of course that never happenes, but it was a visual representation of how funny they thought the situation was...
Oh, I'm aware it's a metaphor. I was just genuinely curious as to whether people do ROFL. From the responses, apparently yes, whilst not a common occurence, it does happen to a few people.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
The Shadowlord said:
bahumat42 said:
really theres no sometimes?
yes once
all the time

wtf, you even put a joke answer
fail poll is fail
I feel shame in this poll I made within a minute, over the usage of initialisms on the internet. Allow me to go commit seppuku as it did not reach your standards.
You're joking but s/he's still right. Your options are once or all the time. That's rediculous.

I occasionally ROFL, especially when either drunk, catching up with old friends or at family gatherings.

The Shadowlord

Jul 18, 2011
StBishop said:
You're joking but s/he's still right. Your options are once or all the time. That's rediculous.

I occasionally ROFL, especially when either drunk, catching up with old friends or at family gatherings.
If it makes your life any more content, underneath the joke option, there is a "sometimes" so now you can have an in between option.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Every day I'm rofling.

I kind of use it when something is so funny and you laugh so hard that you are crying and you feel a six pack coming on.

RoBi3.0

Mar 29, 2009
One time I knocked a Refridgerator Off a ForkLift. Does that count?

True Story.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
A few times I've been laughing so hard I've ended up on my knees punching the floor slightly rocking then holding my stomach struggling to breathe while putting my hand up in a "Help" fashion.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
When a friend of mine attempted a triple jump in PE, he tripped on the second jump and fell face first into the sand.

I rolled, I cried, I died. I laughed.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
Nope, I've never done it. Most floors are pretty dirty, I wouldn't want to risk catching something.