Poll: RPG Class

BourneGamer

Mar 18, 2010
I've always been on of the people that goes more for sneaking and stabbing, if I ever have to get that close. I mostly end up relying on speed and keeping distance between me and a target.

Serioli

Mar 26, 2010
SP I tend to do stealth type first play through and magic type on second

MP I tend to play healer as so few others do (or so it seems)

Mannayz

May 6, 2010
I like smackin' people around with a variety of weapons, so Warriors all the way for me.

Layz92

May 4, 2009
Yeah I play a berzerker whenever possible. So fast warrior fits that closest.

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
Grouchy Imp said:
thethingthatlurks said:
I usually go for a battlemage specialization, but I roll wizards in D&D
I nearly always go Battlemages as well, but err towards fighters in D&D. However, there is a War Mage class in The Complete Arcane suppliment for 3.5 that I've started using.
Cool, thanks for the info! I'll check it out whenever I manage to find a comic store down here that sells the rulebooks

Rarhnor

Jun 2, 2010
I normally pick the hybrid support class. Doesn't specialize in anything, but isn't bad at the things it does.

Madshaw

Jun 18, 2008
i try my hardest to be aragon, so half warrior and half rogue. but mainly warrior, thats what i voted for

justforthefourth

Apr 24, 2009
I don't have a lot of MMO/RPG experience, but I'm a fan of picking my own fights so rogue or thief, etc. Happy to sometimes have my ass handed to me if I can ambush a mob at will by being sneaky.

Edit: Basing the above on playing solo for the vast percentage of my time. Towards the end of my days in MMOs I really started to enjoy healing and being able to stand back and observe more than before, feeling useful when I save someone.

nondescript

Oct 2, 2009
I don't have a specialty. I play whatever I feel like. If I'm in a group, I look at what they're lacking and play that. If I'm solo (console play or otherwise), I prefer brute force, but a little magic is good. I find in MMOs I lean toward healing, because there is always more people willing to hit the thing than keep them alive.

Evil Earlgrey

May 14, 2010
I always want to be something like a intelligent-research-techsavvy-stealthy-violence avoiding-smartsolution kinda character. And while i play i always end up just specializing the most efficient way to kill enemies and become a soulless experience-loot-gathering machine.

Is it me or the games that do not offer enough alternatives to this choice? I'm not sure..

VulakAerr

Mar 31, 2010
Crowd control. I guess that's support, but yeah. Enchanter/Loremaster, that kind of thing.

The Spectator

Sep 14, 2009
If it's an MMO I prefer being a healer. I loved raid healing in WoW. Though if it's single player I prefer the mage.

Deadlock Radium

Mar 29, 2009
I'm more of a stealth guy, that's why I played WoW as a Rogue (before I quit that is) and use Dead Silence and a Silenced M4A1 carbine in CoD4 multiplayer.
I guess I like silence.

kalt_13

Veteran n00b
Sep 14, 2008
with pen and paper rpgs i love warriors
with computer rpgs i prefer charasmatic rogues
mmorpgs damage dealers

LadyMint

Apr 22, 2010
If it's multiplayer, I like to play the healer/support class. Buffing and healing the party is a personal favorite activity. When I'm soloing, though, I tend to go between being the brick wall fighter and the glass cannon magic-user. But really, if a game includes a class with a pet (animal, zombie minion or otherwise), I'm inclined to try it out.