Poll: Sex or Gaming?

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
I don't really care much for sex, so it's a game of Risk with a friend for me.

Vykrel

Feb 26, 2009
depends on whether or not either option would occur again. if it was a game with friends that havent seen each other in a while, or just a cool thing that just never happens, i would choose that.

there is always a chance that the girl actually wont go along with the so-called plan. :p the game night, on the other hand, is a sure thing.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Quick question that I don't think has been answered yet;

sex with a stranger, IE, a one night stand, a fling with a friend or someone whom I'm in love with?
This makes a world of difference. If really anything but the latter option, I opt for gaming. I'm not that sex crazed.

Hermia

Jan 10, 2011
Vykrel said:
depends on whether or not either option would occur again. if it was a game with friends that havent seen each other in a while, or just a cool thing that just never happens, i would choose that.

there is always a chance that the girl actually wont go along with the so-called plan. :p the game night, on the other hand, is a sure thing.
Judging by the converesation they had, sex was pretty much a guaruntee.

Julianking93 said:
Quick question that I don't think has been answered yet;

sex with a stranger, IE, a one night stand, a fling with a friend or someone whom I'm in love with?
This makes a world of difference. If really anything but the latter option, I opt for gaming. I'm not that sex crazed.
The girl was someone he had a crush on and a long time friend.

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
I don't actually play any tabletop games, though I suppose I could replace it with the equivalent of playing TF2 with friends or something. Now I love my friends and everything, but I am also very weak willed and the prospect of sex with a hot guy/girl would immediately take my priority (yeah, I don't get laid often). And if there true friends they'll understand, maybe giving you a thumbs up or slight nod at the door in recognition of your achievement. And then later on they'll buy you a beer and ask how it went and you'll act incredibly awkward and vague because it's a little personal y'know, but it's all in good camaraderie. Or maybe I'm projecting a little.

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
Depends on a couple of things. Is this just some random girl or someone he's wanted for a long time? Will he get another change with her or is this it? Is this tbale top game thing a one time only deal? If it were me, unless this was someone I really really wanted to get with and it was my only chance I'd go with the game. There's always more opportunities for sex.

WaReloaded

Jan 20, 2011
Well, I'd much rather play a video game or DnD than have sex with a random, attractive member of the opposite sex, as sex doesn't really mean much to me unless there is some emotional weight behind it. However, if I had to choose between having sex with my fiancee or playing a game (table top or otherwise), I'd choose the sex without hesitation, as I feel being intimate with the one you love to be up there with one of the most amazing things you can do in life.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
Hermia said:
So help me out escapists, is sex as important to men as society makes it seem or would you choose the game over the girl?
I look at this and tilt my head in confusion. It's hard for me to imagine a world where I'm with someone who wouldn't be IN that game with me.

My spouse and I are both avid tabletop gamers. We play in games on the weekends, and we run games for each other every couple of week nights, just for the two of us. And because they only involve the two of us, there's no reason not to take the RP to interesting places.

Is the evil wizard trying to seduce my character? Maybe I let the evil wizard succeed... and we roleplay the entire events. Who needs "naughty delivery man" when I can slide my hand down the pants of a level 14 Paladin?

Anyway, OT... honestly, in that situation, my spouse and I would go to game. And then, after game, we'd either have sex in character (at our home) or have non-RP sex and talk about the game (or whatever else is on our minds).

See, this is why I married a gamer - I never have to choose between game and sex. ^^

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
Let's see, gaming is something I do everyday, gaming with friends something I do at least once a week, other social interactions with friends 2-3 times a week. Sex? erm... nowhere near that often, sex with someone I actually like is even more rare...

KarlMonster

Mar 10, 2009
trooper6 said:
Gaming... my gaming groups are RP heavy and very intricate. It really messes up the game if someone is missing...
This.
This.
This.

But its because Mistah Trooper's gaming group *IS* a relationship! Its friends spending heavy-duty quality time together. So its actually a choice between a commitment to multiple friends, and part of a relationship with a girlfriend. [And, incidentally, if it were a one-off with some casual hottie, you could probably still make the game!]

My girlfriend can't seem to bother to make time to talk to me, so I choose gaming over my fake relationship with her. This choice would probably go the other way if I was in a different relationship, but thats the way the leper crumbles.

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
If my gaming friends heard me choose to stay at a game rather than leave to go have sex, they'd first of all ask what the hell was wrong with me, then probably refuse to continue the game until I left to go see the girl.
Of course, I'd have chosen the sex anyway, so it wouldn't come to that.

May 5, 2010
Well, my friends don't even play tabletops games, so-Wait a minute, that doesn't even matter. THE SEX, ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME??!!

OBVIOUSLY the sex. Come on, people.

trooper6

Jul 26, 2008
KarlMonster said:
trooper6 said:
Gaming... my gaming groups are RP heavy and very intricate. It really messes up the game if someone is missing...
This.
This.
This.

But its because Mistah Trooper's gaming group *IS* a relationship! Its friends spending heavy-duty quality time together. So its actually a choice between a commitment to multiple friends, and part of a relationship with a girlfriend. [And, incidentally, if it were a one-off with some casual hottie, you could probably still make the game!]

My girlfriend can't seem to bother to make time to talk to me, so I choose gaming over my fake relationship with her. This choice would probably go the other way if I was in a different relationship, but thats the way the leper crumbles.
KarlMonster speaks truth.

What do you call a person who breaks their commitments and dumps their friends and family because some hottie shows up? Not a good friend, that's for sure.

What would you think if you made plans to meet your friend for dinner at a restaurant, and they just didn't show up without even calling...or calling after you'd already been sitting there a half hour to say, "Sorry dude, I'm having sex right now...you aren't as important." You'd probably think that person wasn't a good friend and probably a jerk.

Gaming isn't any less valid of a social obligation as going out dinner with someone, or any other commitment. I'd never do that as a player to my friends. And as a GM, if I had a player who regularly showed up hours late or just didn't show up, I'd disinvite them from the game.

Lastly, since I'm usually GMing, I really can't just skip out. Because without me the game doesn't happen.

And also like Karl Monster says, you can usually do both.

I'd say something like, "Hey Stana Katic, I'm busy until after 5pm. Want to get dinner at this cool Ethiopian place I know and then have sex afterwards?"

QED.

Jessta

Feb 8, 2011
Hanging out with the crush, my reasoning is a bit stupid though. You see, I don't believe a girl friend would understand me ditching out 'special night' for an ordinary gaming session with the guys, where as the guys would understand me blowing them off for a date. I think this might actually mean that they love me more than her since the reality is most girls in my town aren't as busy as the dudes and we can only do a real gaming session once a month where as me and my gal are available every day.

Tasachan

Jan 28, 2010
I chose game because, for me, I can have sex whenever I want. (Yay marriage!) but I NEVER get to go out and play D&D anymore.

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
BrailleOperatic said:
Is there any possible way they could turn their sex into a tabletop game? "I rolled a twenty. Your attack is- OH MY GOD YES!!!"
Well, there's always this: