Poll: Should I do it?

rosemystica

Jan 24, 2010
No fair, I wish my school had such opportunities available! Damn cheap substandard US schools. :mad:

You should totally do it! It's a brilliant idea!

Kingsman

Feb 5, 2009
Alright, time for ego to glow.

If you do something like this, you do it to see the world and other cultures.

If you go to Australia... well, you might see the Sydney Opera House, which I hear is cool, the Great Barrier Reef is also pretty neat, and maybe some wildlife besides. But the continent is mostly desert, man. You're not going to make the most of a trip being there.

America has New York City, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Orlando, Las Vegas, Detroit, Huston, Honolulu, and Seattle. I'm listing the cities, because if I listed the tourist spots, I'd be here all night.

We're a nation of immigrants. We get newcomers like you ALL the time. Seriously. Been that way since the beginning.

I'm sorry that I don't know what Australia's like to its out-of-country residents, but it can't offer more than America.

/ego trip.

helldragonX

Mar 3, 2010
If you decide to come to the US, I'd prolly say go for Cali. North California and mid. California are really nice and the area around Pismo Beach is great. So.Cal is Ok, not bad, not great. DO NOT GO TO HOLLYWOOD! It is a cesspit.

Adremmalech

Mar 1, 2009
If you're looking for the best learning experience, you should really be looking up how these countries ranks in intelligence.

Country, Average IQ

England (all of UK actually): 100
Australia: 98
France: 98
United States: 98
Canada: 97

Of course, America always ranks first in confidence. Our average man could walk into a room full of Japan's brightest and own the entire room with his charm.

SteinFaust

Jun 30, 2008
Adremmalech said:
Of course, America always ranks first in confidence. Our average man could walk into a room full of Japan's brightest and own the entire room with his charm.
lol middle aged asian women LOVE me. idk what is, me and my asian friend are still trying to find out why.

sln333

Jun 22, 2009
I say yes. I had a good high school experience. Part of it was I had good friends, part of it was that the school pushed you to learn so you had work, but it was worthwhile work, and another part is that the teachers were great. I'm from the U.S. I don't know how Denmark's education is compared to the U.S., but I can say overall the U.S. is good for education.

stone0042

Apr 10, 2009
My high school of around 100 kids per grade (very small for the states) has 8 or 9 foreign exchange students this year, and they're all very well liked. They're from Brazil, Japan, Spain, Norway, Germany, and a bunch of other nations, and at least in our case they're all accepted and really have enjoyed it. A lot are playing sports, and the brazilian student is the best player on our state champion soccer team. Seems like a great idea to go for it, IMO.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
Really any of them sound fantastic, although I couldn't live in France for any extended period of time (too many French people). I'd go to Australia, personally. But I live in the U.S. and already seen everything (more or less) it has to offer.

P.S. That's some serious dough for an exchange program.

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
Mackheath said:
I recommend Australia; great weather, greater girls, and pretty easy living there since it was one of the places least affected by the recession.
..And almost every wildlife animal in the area will attempt to kill you at least once.

*Ahem*

Go for it mate, if only for the experience that comes with it.

CouchCommando

Apr 24, 2008
I'm from Australia we had a number of exchange students at my school, the most memorable was a Finish guy named Mikail, the guy was cool, unfortunately it been Australia we like putting shit on each other and giving nonsensical nicknames to people so from his first day onward he was never known by his real name, for some dumb ass reason I'm assuming it was his accent he was known as Sven. I never knew his real name until we had a large bbq the day before he went home. He did have a lot of fun here though.