Poll: Should I get MW2 or Black Ops? *closed*

Aerograt

Jan 7, 2011
I'm not going to get both right now since I'm trying to not spend a ton of money at the moment, but I do eventually plan on getting both. I'm leaning more towards MW2 currently because it's cheaper currently and I've heard it has access to shotguns as secondaries without "that one perk" (the knife loadouts also look kind of neat). However, I also know that it has the Nuke killstreak and no Zombies mode.

So which one should I get first and why?

edit: Not getting either, thanks for your time.

jakko12345

Dec 23, 2010
Before I instantly play my Bad Company 2 card (get this game it's infinitely better), I'd recommend MW2 purely out of the fact that zombies is the only good part of blops, whereas MW2 has fun spec ops and a decent-ish campaign

Edit: seriously, don't buy either. Get Bad Company 2. The online is absolutely superb.

Polaris19

Aug 12, 2010
Not MW2.

The mutiplayer is a mess now, because it's been forgotten by most, which the people who still play have used as an excuse to start playing really cheap styles of play and glitching and hacking can be found somewhat regularly.

Personally, I don't think Black Ops is much better. The core gameplay is much stronger and has better mechanics and the overall loadout equipment is much more balanced, but there are better multiplayer games out there.

So, if you have to pick one of these two, Black Ops. If you can avoid it, don't waste your time with MW2.

EDIT: IF you want a good campaign and a cool co-op mode, then go with MW2, but do not get it for the multiplayer now. Black Ops campaign is terrible.

THE NUMBERS MASON! THE NUMBERS!

Aerograt

Jan 7, 2011
jakko12345 said:
Before I instantly play my Bad Company 2 card (get this game it's infinitely better), I'd recommend MW2 purely out of the fact that zombies is the only good part of blops, whereas MW2 has fun spec ops and a decent-ish campaign
Why is zombies the only good part of BO and what's wrong with its multiplayer?

fozzy360

I endorse Jurassic Park
Oct 20, 2009
Quite frankly, get neither. I don't find either game to have enough to warrant a full purchase price.

But if you're going to choose one anyway, get Blops. The campaign, that I actually liked, is quite fun, zombie mode is better that World at War, and the game allows you to play splitscreen online. I don't particularly like online, but I'll play it when my brother plays, and it's a hell of a lot more fun with a buddy next to you. On the other hand, the only thing MW2 has going for it is Spec Ops.

jakko12345

Dec 23, 2010
Aerograt said:
jakko12345 said:
Campaign sucks and the multiplayer is the same old s**t

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
really if you dont want to spend allot then go for bad company 2, steams got it for 20 bucks compared to 40 for modern warfare 2, the single player probably isnt as good but the multi is still hoping and allot of fun

Raven_Operative

Dec 21, 2010
Black Ops Pros:
- Higher player counts
- Zombies
- ZOMBIES!!!
- Zork
- No Noob Toobing

Black Ops Cons:
- More Expensive
- Horrible graphics
- Terrible Campaign
- LAGG!!!!
- Terrible Matchmaking for Multiplayer
- Multiplayer maps arent that good
- more corner camping

MW2 Pros:
- Good Graphics
- Excellent Campaign (Some amazing missions like: "of their own accord...")
- Personally, I find the multiplayer MUCH more fun
- Less lagg
- Excellent multiplayer maps
- Better matchmaking than black ops
- slightly less corner camping than black ops (imo)

MW2 Cons:
- n00b t00bing
- some classes are infuriating to fight against
- lower player counts

personally, I like MW2 far more. (please note all the points above are my oppinion, and dont necessarily represent everyone's experiences)

omega_peaches

Jan 23, 2010
Modern Warfare 2: Fast Pace, can be really fun (mainly with friends), noobtubes and others make it very frustrating, smaller community, but less noobs, shit mic quality.
Black Ops: Slower, more balanced, can be fun, but not as much as MW2 (IMO), Ghost campers and other things make it very frustrating, bigger community, more noobs, better mic quality.
The mic quality is from my experience on PS3.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Don't bother with either IMO. If you're really jonesing for a multiplayer shooter, go play Brink or something. Just don't feed the retarded Call of Duty bull. There hasn't been a good one since the original Modern Warfare.

rampagev2

Jul 20, 2008
MW2 is by far the better game but not one plays it anymore :( unfortunately I know but Black ops isn't great. worth a play by all means but not as good

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
I liked Black Ops a ton better than I did MW2. But then again, MW2's campaign is the worst in the series and wouldn't be that hard to top in the first place.

Aerograt

Jan 7, 2011
omega_peaches said:
Modern Warfare 2: Fast Pace, can be really fun (mainly with friends), noobtubes and others make it very frustrating, smaller community, but less noobs, shit mic quality.
Black Ops: Slower, more balanced, can be fun, but not as much as MW2 (IMO), Ghost campers and other things make it very frustrating, bigger community, more noobs, better mic quality.
Why is Black Ops slower, the kill times?

Rex Fallout

Oct 5, 2010
jakko12345 said:
Aerograt said:
jakko12345 said:
Campaign sucks and the multiplayer is the same old s**t
First off, MW2's campaign was a direct rip off of the first one. Second, Black Ops campaign was semi enjoyable, I'm still wondering whether or not my favorite Call of Duty Character is alive. And Third, the multiplayer is the SAME OLD SHIT no matter which one you get! At least it is semi new with the money system. MW2 was god awful and deserves to forever burn in hell. Spec Ops was obviously just an attempt to cash in on what Nazi Zombies had, and when Activision suddenly realized that people just didn't like it like they liked Zombies guess what? THEY WENT BACK TO ZOMBIES. Black Ops is far better than the two, if you want one, get Black ops.

Of course I'd recommend Homefront before either so...

omega_peaches

Jan 23, 2010
Aerograt said:
omega_peaches said:
Why is Black Ops slower, the kill times?
The lack of stopping power, ghost, other things. It seems more camping, but I don't have too much MW2 first-hand experience, just CoD4 and Black Ops.
By slower, I don't mean BF-slow, just a notch down from CoD4/MW2.
Also, if you get Black Ops, expect to see a lot of Famas/Ak-74u