Poll: Should they legalize pot?

Safe in the Dark

What is a man?
Jun 5, 2010
It seems like on every five youtube videos I watch I see a comment like this "Legalize Marijuana!!! thumbs up for THC!! and RHCP!! Hey oh lets go smoke a bong!" and quite frankly it disturbs me,while there is no severe short term medical consequences(There are a few long term though.)It does in my honest opinion from experience make people stupider,so I was wondering what do you all think?

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
people want to smoke pot because to them it's cool and edgy. Take away the cool and edgy part and reduce it to Tobacco and I think we'll start getting somewhere as a society.

EDIT: quoting posts made on the first page of a thread when the thread is 10 pages long or more is retarded. Please Refrain from Quoting This Message.

milskidasith

Jul 4, 2008
So you're disturbed by people who want to legalize pot, but you're making a poll on it?

Marijuana has no significant health effects, at least none as significant as the effects of alcohol and tobacco. Since those are legal, and legalizing pot could provide the government with a significant tax income and prevent gang violence, it's beneficial to legalize it.

garlicncow

May 6, 2010
Plurralbles said:
people want to smoke pot because to them it's cool and edgy. Take away the cool and edgy part and reduce it to Tobacco and I think we'll start getting somewhere as a society.
Onward to meth or heroin then?

Adzma

Sep 20, 2009
Tobacco's much worse for you, and everybody has had it or will have it at some stage in their lives. Just so long as it was regulated properly I wouldn't have a problem with it.

crimsonshrouds

Mar 23, 2009
People in general are stupid but i don't think pot is in any way the cause.

Legalise it and kill at least some of the black market and wasting our tax dollars on fighting it.

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
garlicncow said:
Plurralbles said:
more likely ecstasy but yeah, I suppose dumbass, "oh I'm a hardcore partier!" whores and bros will move onto the heavier stuff. Or they'll stay with pot because the conversation becomes a little bit more open between tehm and authorities and past users and they get the idea that probably taking something produced in so careful a way that if done wrong it could blow up the area is probably not a good idea.

Old Hat

Apr 20, 2010
milskidasith said:
So you're disturbed by people who want to legalize pot, but you're making a poll on it?

Marijuana has no significant health effects, at least none as significant as the effects of alcohol and tobacco. Since those are legal, and legalizing pot could provide the government with a significant tax income and prevent gang violence, it's beneficial to legalize it.
Moreover, if you can buy pot legally you remove the dealer from the equation, and as such, the risk of having more hardcore drugs mixed in.

Xpwn3ntial

Avid Reader
Dec 22, 2008
JakeTheSnakeMan said:
If it could be legally sold and the US government taxed it, we'd be out of debt in a year.
My hometown would provide a large portion of the proceeds.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
If alcohol and tobacco stay legal, so should pot.

I'm for banning all of them though. They have very little value, and should only be used under specific circumstances.

garlicncow

May 6, 2010
Plurralbles said:
garlicncow said:
Plurralbles said:
more likely ecstasy but yeah, I suppose dumbass, "oh I'm a hardcore partier!" whores and bros will move onto the heavier stuff. Or they'll stay with pot because the conversation becomes a little bit more open between tehm and authorities and past users and they get the idea that probably taking something produced in so careful a way that if done wrong it could blow up the area is probably not a good idea.
-imitates Demoman- Ka-BOOM

steve-iii

May 9, 2010
I think, if you want to smoke it, you should plant it yourself. That would solve a lot of problems.

lets be honest though, people don't give a shit about gang violence or the economy, they just wanna be able to buy pot at the local convenience store

Anticitizen_Two

Jan 18, 2010
Yeah. Not that it's healthy to use, but if alcohol and cigarettes are legal, there's no reason to keep weed illegal.

pwnzerstick

Mar 25, 2009
Ya you dont want everyone giving themselves ball cancer so that they can get it medically now, do ya?

Layz92

May 4, 2009
I don't and most likely wouldn't smoke it, but I still think it should be legal. Firstly the long term effects are a whole lot less damaging than tobacco (it doesn't have the nicotine etc etc) and it is non addictive on a chemical level. Secondly it has uses in medicine like pain relief for people with chronic pain injuries and a variety of other maladies. Thirdly the plant itself is damn useful, the seed has most nutrients the body needs to live, the fiber can be used in rope, clothes, paper and many other things and the remaining mass can be made into bio-diesel. Finally it is a great source of income in tax. I believe the figure is somewhere around 1.3 billion a year if taxed. Also when the law in America and many other places was passed to make it illegal everyone involved was persuaded by a anti-drug campaign without looking at the facts. In fact I believe it was debated in the courts of America for a grand total of 1 minute before it was passed without the facts being present.