Poll: Should we boycott EA Products?

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
LordRoyal said:
I don't boycott shit games simply because they serve no interest in me. The only game that I am remotely interested in from EA right now is Mass Effect 3

Yvl9921 said:
Uh, it's up to you. The TOA specifically says that if you dont want your stuff to be monitored, don't install Origin.
You know that limits the consumer significantly. "Hmm should I install this program that is essentially Spyware, but I can my game that I legally purchased on it... Hmm"
Doesn't matter. You can't have your cake and eat it, too. Your choices are to get Origin to get the game(s) or get it on a console. If neither of those sounds good to you, then you don't get to play the game. It's really not that complicated.

OT: Origin's EULA reads like every other EULA ever. I have no idea why people are taking offense now. You're much, much too late. If you wanted to change anything, you should have protested ToS agreements when they were first introduced.

Stall

Apr 16, 2011
It isn't going to accomplish anything you know. All that is going to happen is people will ***** and ***** about Origin and pretend to boycott, but the second a game come out that is Origin-exclusive, everyone will forget the boycott, all the bitching, and buy their game. It's how it game boycotts always go.

Game boycotts are childish and pointless. I honestly theorize that it is more an act of community building than hoping to actually accomplish anything. I'd just cut to the chase this time and pre-order BF3. It's not like anyone who has planning to anyways will actually boycott it.

arragonder said:
I already boycott steam, what's another crappy DRM system masquerading as a digital store?
Steam just reached its 30 millionth account. That boycott is really accomplishing a lot, eh?

TrevHead

Apr 10, 2011
I dont boycott every game from a publisher. Imo it should made on a game by game basis.

I think the most effective way to vote with my wallet and reward publishers (even EA or Ubi) when they do the right thing and to only ignore the games that infringe my customer rights.

Dragunai

Feb 5, 2007
No only bad enough they are forcing us to use yet another RAM consuming DRM, but this particular DRM happens to soak up your computers interactions in much the way a keystroke logger does.

AH so that's your password to Paypal is it?
So your mothers maiden name is that huh?
I didn't know your credit card number was xxxx

And what of the parents of the world who play videogames?

So your kid goes to that school? we don't need this info but our sweeps picked it up by accident as we're EA and thus completely incompetent.

Yeah, sorry EA. I was going to preorder the special edition of BF3 but with this, feel free to go fuck yourself.

twistedheat15

Sep 29, 2010
What's with everyone screaming boycott every time a comp does something they don't like lately? Seems over the past couple month this is all you hear for everything. If you don't like what a company is doing then just don't support them. Trying to rally the troops and get the torches burning isn't going to start a revolution, you just have to make your own call and not buy any of their products if you don't agree with'em despite what the others are doing.

fa_fallen_ye

Aug 5, 2010
One of the more sensible boycott suggestions, definitively. I don't play many EA games so it doesn't really affect me but gaming companies should not be able to treat it's consumers this way, PSN get's ridiculed for being hacked (well for hiding that it was hacked) which, yes they should have been ridiculed, yes they did wrong but the fact that small print in terms and conditions can legally take your information? That's wrong.

Why is it PSN makes the news, but this doesn't?

Anah'ya

a Taffer
Jun 19, 2010
I keep wondering what people have to hide that makes them get all in arms over something that trivial.

Yes. I just said trivial. Because it is. If I wanted privacy I wouldn't frequent the Internet and move to some secluded shack somewhere in the middle of no-where.

You lads go "stick it to da man". Luckily enough you are a very small vocal minority. I'll continue enjoying whatever game I want, no matter who publishes it (cause, you know, EA doesn't make games).

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
I'm not really even sure what the last EA game I bought way. Pretty sure me refusing to buy their products will change nothing.

Greatjusticeman

May 29, 2011
I think everything with Origin and all has really blown out of proportion and most of you are just looking for something to complain about.

I don't see a problem with one of gaming's biggest publishing companies wanting to create it's own digital distribution service for it's own games. I'm not saying I don't like Steam or Valve as I have a Steam account as well but that doesn't mean they should be able to king over the whole digital thing as well.

Yeah, it's a pain in the ass to maintain two accounts, but whatever. I'm not going to disown a company for the way they want to dish out their products to the consumer. EA makes games that I and millions of other gamers like to play. I don't see why some of the people on here are trying to rouse up others to boycott EA because they don't like what they are doing.

Here's something. Don't buy games from them and just stick to Steam. If there is anything you guys should get upset at EA about, it's how they advertise their games and how they like to rush out certain products. (The moronic Dead Space 2 marketing, and the Dragon Age 2 rushing).

Stall

Apr 16, 2011
arragonder said:
wow 30 million! that must mean I'm wrong. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_populum]
Where did I imply that? All I was saying is that your boycott sure isn't getting anything accomplished.

By the way, you don't "win" an argument by arguing about arguing.

Awexsome

Were it so easy
Mar 25, 2009
I'll happily laugh at the people honestly starting up a boycott of EA.

This whole thing has been blown entirely out of proportion by mostly Steam fanboys.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I'm already only buying Activision games used, might as well start doing so with EA.

Cheezeypoofs

Professional Brony
Dec 19, 2010
While it would probably be best to boycott until they treat their customers better, I honestly won't be able to. I don't own a PC so this Origin thing doesn't really affect me directly. I'll be buying Battlefield 3 on Xbox 360 and hopefully have a good time playing it.

Captain Pirate

Nov 18, 2009
I won't join this boycott, sorry.
I mean it doesn't affect me, becuase I'll be playing BF3 on Xbox, but still...

I vote that instead of just not buying it, you mass-email EA complaining about it.
Think about it, if you didn't buy their game, hundreds of thousands of others will. It won't matter to them. They won't guess the reasons why people aren't buying beyond that they don't like shooters probably.
If you alert them that something's miffed you off, they'll (hopefully, I can't promise shit) look into it.

Boycotts for games or things related to games never work.

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
I won't be boycotting till they fix origin I'll be doing so until they require me not to use it. I detest the service. One bad experience with EADM was all I need thanks. I don't feel like rebuying my games every few years.

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
I'm fine with boycotting EA. I doubt the movement will be big enough to make any real problems for them. But as they say, all big things start small. Lets hope this evolves into something worth while.