Poll: Silenced or not?

DarkLight523

Dec 1, 2009
I like both. A silenced rifle striking a barrel of oil ensuring that they have no idea where I am but causing a ton of damage.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
In most games I go silent and sneaky. Discretion is the better part of valor and cowardice is the better part of discretion, I thought as I bravely grabbed my silenced sniper...

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
Silenced - if there's the option of silenced weaponry, there is typically a reason. Straightforward shooters might have silenced weapons as a novelty/gimmick of course, but games like the Hitman series are all about rocking the silencers (or not using guns at all). Sure, you can use the loud obvious weapons, and it's a lot of fun, but doing that feels like breaking character. Nothing quite like whipping out a silenced pistol and shooting somebody in the head with it. Same thing for games where you play a spy/secret agent/etc - the character you're playing would want to reduce the attention any gunfire they have to use attracts.

There's a time when stealth isn't an option and it's time to break out the heavy ordnance, but until then, silenced all the way.

Beero

Oct 17, 2009
I used to scare people when they weren't paying attention. So I got to use the silencer.

Unless it is a pistol with a pillow in front of it.

AkJay

Feb 22, 2009
Depends, really. What good would a silenced pistol do if you are in a warzone with hundreds of enemies? Also, what good would a shotgun w/ grenade launcher attachment do when you are trying to sneak into an enemy base? I would prefer sneaky missions with a silenced rifle, though.

MetaKnight19

Jul 8, 2009
I prefer to use silenced guns, although 9 times out of 10 I'll somehow arse things up and be forced to go in guns blazing. Not that I mind the guns blazing option.

fun-with-a-gun

Jul 30, 2009
I go loud right now but I change styles often. even though they hear me coming, there's almost nothing they can to to stop me.

RagnorakTres

Feb 10, 2009
Silenced is always better. Your opponent can't shoot what he doesn't know is there, right?

I'm also a single-shot guy, so I tend to run marksman when I can.

Also, that little hiss a silenced pistol makes when it's fired gives me chills. In the good way.

HoodedPunhist

Jan 4, 2010
Silenced if possible. It's easier to do whatever you need to do as long as no one knows your there and it's also more efficient to stay silent not letting surrounding people know your location.

MONSTERheart

Aug 17, 2009
silenced of course. It's too bad every game (looking at you, MW2) insists on making silenced guns weaker than a ************ to retain "balance" and to "keep it fair", whatever the fuck those mean.

webby117

Nov 30, 2009
the bolt snipers in CoD4 don't have silencers so loud and proud, and mostly dead but thats just nitpicking