Poll: Silenced or not?

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Depends on my mood. I can love this:
as much as I can love this...

Emmm, yeah, can't really find a suitable video of stealthy stuff. But I still love it anyway, it's a thrill to get in, get what you need and get out again without anyone knowing you were there. And you need some quiet weapons for that.

Sassafrass said:
I prefer the Bang bang bang bang! [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx6FV2qR2TY] sound the gun makes. So I'm going loud and proud then.
I really expected this song [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHWicNDkbpw] when I clicked your link. But I prefer yours. A lot, actually.

x0ny

Dec 6, 2009
arcstone said:
This is kind of implying that there are a lot of FPSes with good stealth systems.

I liked the silenced pistol in goldeneye and perfect dark because of the nice "pew pew" sound effect, however.
Hell yes, I always silence my M4 in Counter Strike just for the sake of that sound.

GHMonkey

Aug 11, 2009
AMERICA, FUCK YEAH! my option can pretty much be summed up by the previous statement

Theron Julius

Nov 30, 2009
I want to be stealthy most of the time. It's so fun to knife the guy who just ran past the dumpster you were hiding in. It's especially funny when it's a private game with friends so you can hear all the profanities that stream from their mouths when you get them. So satisfying.

GBlair88

Jan 10, 2009
Well in BC2 I usually (read 99% of the time) play as Enginneer with the Scar-L which is fitted with a silencer. But then I also carry a Carl Gustav recoiless rifle, so ummm.....yes.

But then again in BF2142 I use a Ganz heavy machinegun which is rather loud, even if I am trying to keep out of sight OH DAMN IT I DON'T KNOW!

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
Depends on how big a group there is.
Smaller, go for the sneaky bollocks and such.

Larger- guns blazing

Supreme Unleaded

Aug 3, 2009
In real life its always better to have a silencer no matter what, it makes it so the enemy can't tell where your shooting from, which is an EXTREAM advantage. Plus i like stealth.

But i would drop my silenced weapons to go rampaging on a minigun, i swear i would turn into the Heavy from TF2 and just start manicaly laughing.

teutonicman

Mar 30, 2009
I prefer stealth, because any time you can kill an enemy with out someone firing back just increases your chances of survival.

Roscoe_A

Aug 6, 2009
It all depends on the situation. If I'm running around with explosions everywhere I could careless but normally...

silenced and sneaky

JS ibanez

Jan 12, 2010
Whilst I do enjoy a stealth em up, I far prefer to play unsilenced just so my guns dont sound like peashooters. I like loud noises :p

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
LOUD GUN

The louder you are, the harder you are to hit, the aim is to be so loud the enemy just freezes like a rabbit in headlights.

Classic example being the car bomb rush in BF2, support, medic, special forces and crap load of C4. They never see it coming an by the time they figure it out and react, you've blown them all to little smithereens!