Poll: Skyrim: Empire or Stormcloaks?

Tom_green_day

Jan 5, 2013
Disregarding morality and all that nonsense, the Empire are British and I am British so I kinda like playing a game where I can once again create a British Empire.

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
I find it really difficult to side with the stormcloaks because the generic line they gave all their officers in this game is "Soon we'll rid Skyrim of elves, their bloody Justiciars, and the Jarls in their pockets. ... And we'll cleave through the Legion to get to them". Note that they said elves, not Thalmor. If they didn't want people to interpret much of stormclaoks as being violently xenophobic they shouldn't have made that the standard line.

vledleR

Nov 3, 2014
Didn't play too much of Skyrim, but I did do a bit of the civil war stuff. I sided with the Empire. I liked the way that General Tullius right-hand woman rationalized it (I forget her name); If the Thalmor were really to get tyrannical with the Empire, to the point where the Empire saw fit to fight back, they would need all the manpower they could muster. If Skyrim was independent of the Empire, they would probably be out of the loop of any political dealings between the Empire and the Thalmor, and the Thalmor could easily divide and conquer.

I couldn't give two shits about Talos or racism. There are bigger things at stake here. A stronger Empire is a stronger Skyrim.

Zaltys

Apr 26, 2012
Empire.
Literally the only argument I can think of for joining the Stormcloaks would be that imperials tried to execute you. But the people directly responsible for that decision already died in dragonfire.

Not to mention that most Jarls on the Stormcloak side are, to put it simply, unlikeable. Lazy, cruel, or corrupt self-serving asses who treat the protagonist like trash.