Poll: Skyrim: The Armour complaint.

Arluza

Jan 24, 2011
People hate when Bethesda tries new things. They made armor simpler in Oblivion than Morrowind. I think there were 9 parts to every armor set. IN Oblivion, it went down to 5. IN Skyrim, we will have 4. And I don't mind one bit because, to me, I never wear pants and chest piece if they don't match. it looks stupid. and looking at most of the mods in Oblivion, no one will care there, either, because you'll still be able to make every female character look like a slut. (seriously, the TESnexus has a lot of mods, but the hot files are always female armors that make them look horribly slutty.)

Kakujin

Oct 19, 2008
You usually try to wear matching armour anyway, so it makes no difference at all for me. If they think that it makes the game better this way, I am going to be trusting the professionals on this one.

Thanatos5150

Apr 20, 2009
madwarper said:
Though, they can either allow me to enchant the same armor piece with multiple enchantments, or realize that I have 10 fingers and 10 toes and allow me to equip more than just 2 rings.
The one ring on each hand thing is a pretty standard RPG convention. The general idea is that more than one magic ring per hand has the rings fighting themselves and canceling each other's magic.
At least that's how I run it when I DM/GM. Don't know the official Elder Scrolls Explanation.

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
The Woolly One said:
Ironic Pirate said:
Stall said:
Why doesn't Bethesda just drop the act and make Skyrim an action game? It's clear they don't give a shit about RPGs anymore. Can they just drop the pretense already and say they just want to make action games?
I agree. All real RPGs have the latest and most in-depth pants options available. I mean, Morrowind let you leave your fly open, and that came out years ago!
Saints Row the Third will be the greatest game ever:

you have the option of NO PANTS AT ALL. You can even choose NO UNDERWEAR.
Oh my god, that's so hardcore. See, more devs should be like Volition. THEY know how to cater to the audience that really cares, unlike these Bethesda douches, building a giant world full of unique characters and an incredible amount of quests, and improving upon the framework in almost every way, it's few flaws easily moddable. Those assholes took our pants.

Shemming

Jun 12, 2010
It doesnt matter to much, it just makes my obsesive collecting of whole sets easier.

You raise a good point about 100% chameleon as well, I hope such balance issues are fixed. Even if 100% reflecting damage was the funniest thing in the game...

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
BENZOOKA said:
It's not an issue.

It's not even a problem that appears solely with video game development:

People don't want change. Then they ***** about how nothing has changed.
Yeah I noticed on the metacritic for Command and Conquer 3.

There is a green on the top list for being the same as before and polished.

Then nearly a 0 on the right for being "exactly the same tired shit".

You cannot win :).

Shemming said:
It doesnt matter to much, it just makes my obsesive collecting of whole sets easier.

You raise a good point about 100% chameleon as well, I hope such balance issues are fixed. Even if 100% reflecting damage was the funniest thing in the game...
I have a new goal in Oblivion now.

Jake the Snake

Mar 25, 2009
If it means more armor sets, and better looking armor, I'm in. There wasn't enough armor in Oblivion. There were like 4 sets for heavy and light and that was it. It sucked. Bring on MORE PRETTY ARMOR!

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Mezmer said:
If it means more armor sets, and better looking armor, I'm in. There wasn't enough armor in Oblivion. There were like 4 sets for heavy and light and that was it. It sucked. Bring on MORE PRETTY ARMOR!
One of the things I noticed is that each race has a heavy and light build to choose from on character creation, I'm assuming that will effect the look of armour to some extent also.

Simon1

Feb 14, 2010
IMO I can safely say that it doesn't really matter how many armor slots you have when games like Dragon Age: Origins (Which goes down as one of the best RPG's of the last decade in my book) did a pretty much identical thing TWO years ago and no one was complaining about it then. Just because you can't min-max as much as you did previously isn't something to complain about when the removal of that armor slot makes the game run and look better, and you will find new ways to break the game within twelve minutes. I also approve since it will make sets of legendary armor easier to find.

Jacob Haggarty

Sep 1, 2010
So we now get to wear an armoured onesie, with optional gloves, shoes andhats?

Not cool. Considering that damn near the entire fan-base (exageration) wanted the armour system from morrowind (all seperate entities, all the time) where you were given quite a bit of customisable freedom, this seems like a bit of dick-move.

Should still be good though, so long as they have a wide variety of onesies to choose from.

Spudgun Man

Oct 29, 2008
Some people would rather wear mismatched armour and have every fight look like it was filmed in stop motion? Weird, truly.

meow

Jul 8, 2011
Ok whats the problem their changing the armor big deal everyone that played oblivion and the fallouts will still most likely play this game and be blown away so why are we complaing... i mean the game has random encounter dragons thats great.

Thumper17

May 29, 2009
M'aiq thinks if you wear so much clothing it will hinder your ability to enjoy everything else life has to offer.

pwnzerstick

Mar 25, 2009
This might have been annoying 10 years ago, when we couldn't have the detail and the massiveness of worlds such as fallout 3, or the strong character interaction with npcs that allow for different, meaningful decisions.(Which may I remind you is essentialy THE POINT of role playing games) RPGs have moved away from being number crunchers, but their depth has moved to things that actualy matter.

Mrrrgggrlllrrrg

Jun 21, 2010
I look fabulous in even mudcrab entrails.. NO! Especially mudcrab entrails.

All I want is a hat so I can go with a snooty "Indeeeeeeeed" as I axe some bitches up. Actually come to think of it there might be a pony for that.

Anyways people will always complain, especially on forums, but I welcome the change. Increased aesthetic value on armor? I'm in, take my money! All of it!