Poll: Skyrim: Twilight Edition (Vamp or Lycan?)

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
King of the Sandbox said:
Clive Howlitzer said:
Weird, I thought werewolves were confirmed to NOT be in it.
Pete Hines basically lied to try and keep them secret. It didn't work out too well, as you can see.
Fine with me. I try to go in fresh. I've been trying to avoid learning too much about the game. It would certainly be more exciting to run into a werewolf after assuming there were none to be had.

King of the Sandbox

& His Royal +4 Bucket of Doom
Jan 22, 2010
Clive Howlitzer said:
Clive Howlitzer said:
Pete Hines basically lied to try and keep them secret. It didn't work out too well, as you can see.
Fine with me. I try to go in fresh. I've been trying to avoid learning too much about the game. It would certainly be more exciting to run into a werewolf after assuming there were none to be had.
I was like that once... but then the spoiler bug took me full force, and I was lost.

I honestly don't see it detracting from the game for me though. As an avid pen and paper role-player, I'm quite skilled at separating player and character knowledge. I think it'll come in handy in this situation.

Kelthurin

Jun 18, 2009
So, as werewolves and vampires are both confirmed for Skyrim, and since they both make you immune to disease (thus allowing only one or the other, barring cures, etc.), which will you prefer, if you prefer at all?

I myself tend to be more visceral with my first character, so I'll either go full werewolf, or possibly try and pull off a Monster Squad and try to eradicate them both.
Your title was so misleading, so I was just about to rage on you for connecting Skyrim with *shudder* Twilight.
Then I read the post.

Meh, going werewolf on my male characters. Vampire on the female characters.

King of the Sandbox

Jan 22, 2010
Kelthurin said:
So, as werewolves and vampires are both confirmed for Skyrim, and since they both make you immune to disease (thus allowing only one or the other, barring cures, etc.), which will you prefer, if you prefer at all?

I myself tend to be more visceral with my first character, so I'll either go full werewolf, or possibly try and pull off a Monster Squad and try to eradicate them both.
Your title was so misleading, so I was just about to rage on you for connecting Skyrim with *shudder* Twilight.
Then I read the post.

Heh, I admit, it was a tiny bit of trolling on my part. But just for funsies.

Trust me, the first time I kill a vamp, I'm going to teabag him while screaming, "Sparkle now, you gangly b***h!"

thatreynoldsman

Jan 2, 2011
My Dunmer spellsword will rid Skyrim of all of these beasts. Werewolf and Vampire blood will mingle on the steel of my mighty sword. My fireballs will be the wrath of lycanthropes and bloodsuckers alike. Yeah, they'd all better watch out come the 11th.

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
Clive Howlitzer said:
Clive Howlitzer said:
I was like that once... but then the spoiler bug took me full force, and I was lost.

I honestly don't see it detracting from the game for me though. As an avid pen and paper role-player, I'm quite skilled at separating player and character knowledge. I think it'll come in handy in this situation.
Oh yeah, I agree, I do the same. However sometimes it is definitely nice to go in and be surprised by something. It is so tempting to read up on things and watch spoilers though for a game you are super pumped for.

King of the Sandbox

Jan 22, 2010
Clive Howlitzer said:
-snip-
Oh yeah, I agree, I do the same. However sometimes it is definitely nice to go in and be surprised by something. It is so tempting to read up on things and watch spoilers though for a game you are super pumped for.
Yes... I was weak... but in Skyrim, I will be mighty.

Ahhhh, escapism.

Kelthurin

Jun 18, 2009
Kelthurin said:

Then I read the post.

Trust me, the first time I kill a vamp, I'm going to teabag him while screaming, "Sparkle now, you gangly b***h!"
Lightning spells should make him sparkle like a vampire should!

King of the Sandbox

Jan 22, 2010
Kelthurin said:
Kelthurin said:

Then I read the post.

/slaps forehead

Of course! Why didn't I think of that?

Also, fire is kinda 'sparkly', too, right? I'm going with yes, for the purposes of this discussion.

Kelthurin

Jun 18, 2009
Kelthurin said:
Kelthurin said:

Then I read the post.

/slaps forehead

Of course! Why didn't I think of that?

Also, fire is kinda 'sparkly', too, right? I'm going with yes, for the purposes of this discussion.
Fire should make him sparkle like a christmas tree, yes.
Sparkle real good...
Then turn him into a pile of sparkly ASH.

Ilikemilkshake

Jun 7, 2010
If anything i'll go a vampire. They're a touch more subtle, and seeing as i'll be playing as a stealth character thats kind of what i want. Although it might make for some good roleplaying trying to work lycanthropy into my day job as a theif/assassin. Ahh now i dont know anymore :(

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
Lol at the gamespy article. The guy with the dialogue option "You're gonna make me a werewolf?" is named Farkas. Farkas is a Hungarian name, and also the Hungarian word for "wolf". Clever, Bethesda. (it's spelled like with an 'sh' , not that anyone cares to know about all of the shit I just wrote)

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Wooooooooo for the news, didn't know they were in :D

Anyway on the choice... both, across two characters. Or possibly across one, I imagine contracting one disease doesn't prevent you from contracting the other once you've cured the first.

But what will my first character's disease be... hmmm, not sure. Werewolves are "new", but I really loved being a vampire in Oblivion, it was both awesome and very useful. I'll have to see what stats you get from being one, if a werewolf is more brute-strength oriented (I imagine vampires are more attuned with magic), I might have it on my first character as the first character will be a ranged assassin (not sure if his bonuses will align for a bow and arrow though). Will have to see in game though, I'm not sure how it'll fit in with my RP, I love vampires more than werewolves overall, but definitely wanna try out both.

King of the Sandbox

Jan 22, 2010
Ilikemilkshake said:
If anything i'll go a vampire. They're a touch more subtle, and seeing as i'll be playing as a stealth character thats kind of what i want. Although it might make for some good roleplaying trying to work lycanthropy into my day job as a theif/assassin. Ahh now i dont know anymore :(
Yeah, I was thinking of going thief/vamp for my second character. My first character is reserved for a Nord/viking Conan-style werewolf ranger. Kind of an "I am nature's claws!" kinda deal.

King of the Sandbox

Jan 22, 2010
The_ModeRazor said:
Lol at the gamespy article. The guy with the dialogue option "You're gonna make me a werewolf?" is named Farkas. Farkas is a Hungarian name, and also the Hungarian word for "wolf". Clever, Bethesda. (it's spelled like with an 'sh' , not that anyone cares to know about all of the shit I just wrote)
Ah, interesting! Yeah, I seem to recall another Bethesda game with a werewolf character in it with the last name of Garou or something similar. Garou being french for wolf.

Love little details like that. ^_^

awesomeClaw

Aug 17, 2009
Well, I was thinking that I´ll become a werewolf and use my powers too...wipe out all werewolves! And vampires. For these creatures can only be beat on their own terms.

Ruwrak

Sep 15, 2009
Last option.

Why?
Cuz twilight is -so- not like good reflection of the classic horror icons, it makes my soul die :V
therefor they will all fall by my hand! Horrible abominations.

But I would get Lycantrophy at some point.

Gluzzbung

Nov 28, 2009
If I had to chose, vampire, because they can live for ever, though I'm just wondering, would you still get hurt by the sun? I'm not going to get Skyrim but I'd like to know that they stick to the hypothetical facts