Poll: So... Assassin's Creed Female protagonist leaked. No Multiplayer. Now do you care?

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
I refuse to install Uplay on any computer, and Ubisoft are not releasing any new AC games for the WiiU, so no, I'll not be playing it, I'd like to though.

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
Sure.
I mean, I'm not as big an AC fan as I used to be, I've definitely been spiraling downward after Black Flag, at this point I feel like I'm playing them because I have to, not necessarily because I want to... but hey, that's negative thinking.
Still don't like Unity though, maybe I'm just too used to being able to take down fifty guys all by myself and I keep getting my butt kicked but I'm gonna finish it eventually.

As for a female assassin, that's cool, new direction, not blowing my mind but I think it's cool.

wizzy555

Oct 14, 2010
I haven't played AC since the first one. My wife has played most of them so she probably will.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
I think the last AC game I played was...what, AC: Brotherhood? Then I totally lost interest.

They dicked around far too long with Ezio and it became Madden's Creed of Duty. Not interested. I'll probably give Black Flag a shot when I see it a heeeavy discount. Or, alternatively, just grab Mordor for my open world killy thingy fix once it's on a similarly steep discount.

This...? Eh. Maybe one day? They could DEFINITELY stand to let this series sit for a couple years.

Wintermute_v1legacy

Mar 16, 2012
I like the AC games, but the last one I played was Brotherhood. I still have to finish Ezio's trilogy. Then there's... III, Black Flag, Unity... am I forgetting something or is that it?

Lightspeaker

Dec 31, 2011
LostGryphon said:
I'll probably give Black Flag a shot when I see it a heeeavy discount.
To be honest like I mentioned earlier I was pretty fatigued of AC myself by the time of Black Flag (especially after the dreadfully dull characters and painfully uninteresting story and setting of AC3) but Black Flag is magnificent.

I think its because its not exactly an Assassin's Creed game. Or at least I don't think of it that way. For Black Flag you just have to ask yourself "do you want a third person action pirate game?" If the answer to that is yes then you should probably get it because its really fun. :)

Piorn

Dec 26, 2007
After they sold me AC2 three times I quit.
I only ever really cared for the meta-story, and since I missed so much of it by now, I won't get back in.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
Assassin's Creed has already had a female protagonist.
Why would having a second one renew interest in any meaningful way?

I picked up an Assassin's Creed pack from a steam sale some years back. Got through about 2 and half of the games and lost interest. Too much of the same stuff without a compelling enough story to draw me further.

The games are fine. I have nothing against their continued existence just like I'm fine with CoD, Madden, WWE and the like having ongoing releases. I simply have no plans to get into any of the newer games until which time I finish Brotherhood, Revelations, AC3 and yet still find myself wanting more.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
No I don't really care. I stopped caring about the AC series with AC 3, which was so lifeless and bland it gave me a digital lobotomy.

I'm glad that they are putting some diversity in their protagonists, just on the standpoint of diversity being a good thing in my opinion, but it's not going to make me buy the game.

The awesome pirate sailing goodness of AC: Black Flag wasn't enough to make me give Ubisoft anymore of my money.

They have shitty business practices, and have a significant level of contempt for their customer base. So, I choose to not be a part of their customer base as a result.

They could make every hero from this point forward be a different ethnicity, and flip the genders all the time, and I still wouldn't buy anymore of their products. Which does sadden me a bit, because I think from a gameplay standpoint, they make some very fun games. But there are a lot of things in this world that I like, but don't like the people who make them, or what they stand for, so I don't buy their products. Ubisoft is just the most recent addition to that list.

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
Strangely enough. Yes. Now I am interested.

Is that sexist? I feel like that is sexist in some weird weird way.

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
ummm is the game focusing more on stealth? If it is then yeah I'm all for it

if this is another boat game then I don't care

Rattja

Dec 4, 2012
I'll care once they do one in an Asian setting with ninjas and stuff, it would be perfect for that. Why they have not done that yet is beyond me, and no that 2.5d thing does not count!

AgedGrunt

Dec 7, 2011
Lost interest in the series around Brotherhood. Playing sea pirates looked amazing, but then, can anyone spot the silliness in this for a stealth-assassin game?

To be fair, even Metal Gear Solid, one of my all-time favorite series, wore me out; I don't even know all the titles' names to date. Either way, I'd say what did me in on AC was a narrative that just seemed to go nowhere and was largely written by people on morphine. The protagonist has been irrelevant to me since Ezio.

WhiteNachos

Jul 25, 2014
Rebel_Raven said:
I just want confirmation of a playable female assassin. That will determine the rest of my interest.
Why? Why do you care that much about the gender of a person that doesn't actually exist?

WhiteNachos

Jul 25, 2014
Roofstone said:
Strangely enough. Yes. Now I am interested.

Is that sexist? I feel like that is sexist in some weird weird way.
Well it's needlessly focusing on sex so you tell me.