Poll: So... Assassin's Creed Female protagonist leaked. No Multiplayer. Now do you care?

Metailurus

Roar
Apr 2, 2015
AC series is incredibly tired by this point. They need to rest it for a few years and devise a way to make the next release in say 5-10 years a blockbuster.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
If they had done this six Assassin's Creeds ago, I might have given a shit.

As it is, I only buy AC games when they're like 90% off, if at all.

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
Last time I tried an Assassin's Creed game was...it was 2 and one of 2's interminable sequence of followups prior to 3. It did not translate to PC well...the controls were unbearably clunky, and rather than feeling elegant it was a chore to play (Shadows of Mordor and the Arkham games played fine in spite of being similar, something was weird about Assassin's Creed). Subsequent releases always seemed like MOTS with very slight changes in historical period and locale. I feel like the opportunity to grab my attention with something new has come and gone. Series feels stale and controversy riddled now.

Someone mentioned accelerating it into the future and putting out a cyberpunk-style game. That I could see being intrigued by.

Now if FAR CRY wants to take a shot at a female protagonist, I could see being down for that. Or, you know, improving on 4 by having *a* protagonist. With an actual personality and everything, not just a POV camera with name. There's a series in need of a creative makeover almost as badly as Assassin's Creed.

JemothSkarii

Thanks!
Nov 9, 2010
No, not really.

The gender of the character doesn't really matter to me and Ubisoft lately feels like a series of disappointments. I did enjoy Black Flag because I think pirate stuff is cool as hell. But with The Division, Rainbow Six: Siege and all the other things I just have no hype. Couple that with the disappointment of Order 1886 doing Victorian England and I'll just pass and twiddle my thumbs for something else.

L. Declis

Apr 19, 2012
Oh, an Assassin's Creed game about Victorian London and they actually bothered to get some British voice actors for it?

Well, I'm the Assassin's Creed fan they plan for, I get every one. So I'm in.

Can't wait for when I have to fight Jack the Ripper for some reason.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
L. Declis said:
Oh, an Assassin's Creed game about Victorian London and they actually bothered to get some British voice actors for it?

Well, I'm the Assassin's Creed fan they plan for, I get every one. So I'm in.

Can't wait for when I have to fight Jack the Ripper for some reason.
I want to reverse myself and say it probably won't happen because it's set in 1868 and the Ripper Killings occurred a good 20 years later. However, somehow I suspect there will be a DLC where you hunt Saucy Jack in 1888. Or they'll have it start in 1868 and end 20 years later, like AC2 did.

Actually, I think most of the numbered games have unfolded over the course of a decade or so.

Cryselle

Soulless Fire-Haired Demon Girl
Nov 20, 2009
If the game is good, I'll care. If it's not, I won't. I can't say I have a lot of faith.

Perfectly honestly, Ubisoft could announce that the next Assassin's Creed has you riding a rainbow unicorn through space on a quest to assassinate a black hole before it swallows the galaxy, and I'd probably shrug and respond with "Prove you can pull it off" at this point.

MrFalconfly

Sep 5, 2011
Player character gender has NEVER EVER been a reason for why I've bought (or not bought) a game.

And I lost all interest for AC after Rogue. And having a female player character isn't a reason for why this AC will be a good (or not) game.

Aetrion

May 19, 2012
I've never played Assassin's Creed, but if the protagonist of a series I play where you aren't always the same person was female for one installment it wouldn't bother me one bit as long as the gameplay is just as good.

lunavixen

Jan 2, 2012
I don't have any of the AC games past Black Flag, the series has just worn too thin for me to really want them. I may pick up Rogue and Unity eventually (have the glitches in that been patched yet?) and maybe this new one, but I'm not excited. As for the female protagonist, it's about time.

Rebel_Raven

Jul 24, 2011
I'll have to see what role she plays when played before I get my hopes up, honestly. If it's just some linear side story, or some nearly worthless chunk of the game, then I'm not biting.
Funny how it's suddenly not so hard for Ubisoft to do a female character so close on the heels of unity, though.

OtherSideofSky

Jan 4, 2010
No. Victorian London is still the most boring possible setting for a stealth action game, and anyone who thinks otherwise has probably had their view of the place shaped more by fiction that by history. It's done to death as a setting for historical fiction, the most interesting events that transpired in it mostly consisted of people making speeches or having conversations behind closed doors, and it's a place where people most certainly did more than look at you funny the minute you ran down the street carrying an axe and shimmied up a street sign. I'll take an interest again if they set one someplace new, different, and conducive to good gameplay and storytelling, like India under the British Raj.

To be honest, I always felt the series hamstrung itself by taking Templars as villains over the Mongols, who wiped out the actual historical assassins. Imagine how crazy a secret global Mongol conspiracy would be. Plus, it would do a lot to drag the series out of its holding pattern of timeworn European (and Eurocentric) conspiracy theories.

Depulcator

Mar 5, 2012
I'm burnt out from this series. And with the decline of quality from this series, I'll pass on it.

thehorror2

Jan 25, 2010
It'd be nice for my sister and a lot of other female gamers I know to get to play as a woman in a big AAA release (in an era where, despite all of the evidence from blockbuster movies like Hunger Games and X-men), except that AAA release is the new AC, a series that most of the female gamers I know have given up on already, especially after the debacle that was AC:Unity. (Most male gamers I know have ALSO given up on it, in case you were wondering.) The franchise hasn't run out of ideas yet, but it's run out of ideas that interest most of the people I've talked about it with. There's only so long you can play the same (admittedly fine-tuned) game before it loses its luster.

b.w.irenicus

Apr 16, 2013
dirtysteve said:
There's now an article saying they were wrong to include a woman, as it's exploiting Feminism.
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/assassins-creed-syndicate-developers-nakedly-exploiting-feminism-cheap-pr-1501503)

I had to look up Ed Smith, and surprise, surprise, he's another bearded white goonyman telling us all what Feminism is for.
Amazing.
"We want more female protagonists!" Here do you have one. "Stop exploiting our demands for more female protagonists!"
Besides, it is totaly stupid to shame a company for catering to consumer demands. Glorious article.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Saltyk said:
[sub]Ubisoft as a verb is copyright of Salty Gamer industries. All rights Reserved.[/sub]
Oh..., you filled out the wrong form, silly. You want one of these. ~hands you a trademark application form~
You can't copyright words... XD

Ahem. Anyway... Assassin's creed? Eh. Whatever. I own AC3 largely by accudent, but I've bever played it. That about tells you how much I care about the series...
My lack of interest has only grown since finding out it was one of those 'yearly' series...

(wow. Awkward english much? Oh well. XD)

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
I still haven't gotten around to playing the FIRST one yet...still sitting in a pile of games I got at Half Priced Books. I'm working on it...still playing Skyrim for the first time.....::crawls back under rock::