Poll: So Diablo III is two weeks away

Simeon Ivanov

Jun 2, 2011
Will you be getting it in spite of it's DRM, Real Money AH and vast change from Diablo II: Lord of Destruction? Why(not)?

distortedreality

May 2, 2011
Yes, yes I will.

Because despite all the flaws, it's still a fun game. I doubt i'll be getting it on day one, simply because i'll be ridiculously busy around then until mid June, but will definitely be getting it.

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
I got it free with my recurring WoW subscription, I never played D1 or 2 so I have nothing to compare it to. The beta was fun, and I'll probably play is for a bit, but it's not really the type of game I'd normally buy.

Schaaka

Feb 17, 2009
Oh eww DRM. Didnt know D3 had that.
Why does anyone care about the Real Money Auction House? Its not like anyone is compelling anyone to use it.

But Yes, Ill probably wait for D3 to be out for some time before I buy it. I was super excited about SC2 and that ended up flopping real hard.

What I loved about D1 was that it was a hardcore game. D2 was still a fun fast paced game. D3 looks like its starting to make everything easier for players. Yes, were all awesome super heroes and the minions of hell are meant to be cannon fodder to our badassery. Whoohoohoo.

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
I found this image yesterday. It has relevance.

Just think, you can use the phrase "back in my day" for referring to Diablo 2!

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
wintercoat said:
Oh, jeez, that's true...that's nearly as depressing as seeing your favorite star player retire...as a coach. Damn, next thing I know I'll be chasing whippersnappers off my lawn.

As for D3? Nope, not getting it. Voting with my wallet and all that, they pushed some really atrociuos buttons...

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
No "maybe"?
My only reason to buy that game is to co op with my mate however he still remain unconvince that it will be out on that date. Either way I'm going to keep quiet about it and let him found out the date release for himself. However I may buy it anyway to keep my boredom at bay despite being put off from people feedback from the beta weeks ago.

Simeon Ivanov

Jun 2, 2011
Scarim Coral said:
No "maybe"?
My only reason to buy that game is to co op with my mate however he still remain unconvince that it will be out on that date. Either way I'm going to keep quiet about it and let him found out the date release for himself. However I may buy it anyway to keep my boredom at bay despite being put off from people feedback from the beta weeks ago.
Isn't "I haven't decided yet" close enough?

Simeon Ivanov

Jun 2, 2011
wintercoat said:
I found this image yesterday. It has relevance.

Ah yes, I remember the first time I played D2. It was my dad's Barbarian in the Kurast jungle. Not two minutes have passed when I was ambushed by those fucking tribesmen with the towering flamethrower. Then I died. And cried. Well, I was around 5 years, but it was still a traumatic event. Those flamer shamans still piss me off.

It's kind of sad and nostalgic that I love a game from 12(?) years ago more than any other game on the market today (Well Mass Effect is a really close second). Blizzard sure have come a long way ... although I'm not sure that's such a good thing ...

AngleWyrm

Feb 2, 2009
They just announced that the Real Money Auction House will be disabled at launch, and for at least a week afterwards. Furthermore, there is apparently going to be a 24-hour delay in getting paid that could be up to five days.

Add to that the connection issues, the monsters hitting you even when you run away, the high system requirements, the general uselessness of gear...

No, I won't be getting Diablo 3.

wizzy555

Oct 14, 2010
I don't really like the flaws but I would still get it if it was a good game. I played the beta and just didn't really find it that fun, but I never played any previous diablo game so I'm not sure what to compare it to.

So for the moment I will be ignoring it.

black_knight1337

Mar 1, 2011
Draech said:
They hit all the buttons that made me like D2. More or less every change to the gameplay fits with what they tried to do with Diablo 2. They have the fast hack and slash feeling so many games have tried to copy since the success of D2, but never managed to really get it right. Even Titan Quest and Torchlight felt kinda stilted compared to the original D2 (thou torchlight was pretty damm close, just lacked combat variation). You would think getting this right would be easy, but apparently its harder than you think.

The DRM is a negative, but needing an internet connection hasn't prevented me from buying titles in the past. I Bought L4D and never played it solo. I dont see why I need a different standard for Diablo 3.

The Real Money AH is a non-issue for me. Its like the vegetarian option on the menu, cept not morally superior. I have no intention of ever taking advantage of it even thou I know its there.
Pretty much this.

Diablo 3 is going to be a great hack and slash game just like its predecessors'. The things you listed as "flaws" haven't done a thing to my decision to pre-order it.

Simeon Ivanov

Jun 2, 2011
black_knight1337 said:
The things you listed as "flaws" haven't done a thing to my decision to pre-order it.
Well the haven't really affected my decision too, it's just that I would have been a lot happier if it had an offline mode.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
I'm getting it free with Annual Pass thing,but I will try to get the Collector's Edition if I can(they are very limited in my country).

I already preordered the CE a few months ago(september iirc),hope the game shop that I'm buying from won't screw me over.

That being said,I've been waiting 10 years for this game so the answer is pretty much obvious.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Schaaka said:
Oh eww DRM. Didnt know D3 had that.
Umm, I don't understand your concern. You said you liked Diablo 2. It had DRM.

Schaaka said:
Why does anyone care about the Real Money Auction House? Its not like anyone is compelling anyone to use it.
Well, as a person who has played D2, I can see how not using it would be annoying. Or do you want to grind for those SoJes (or whatever the equivalent is in the new game) on your own? Nobody is forcing you to use it, but without it the game would be seriously underwhelming.

OT: No, I'm not getting D3. And it's not because of the "flaws" mentioned. I have played enough Diablo 2 and Blizzard games to know what to expect. I ended up growing incredibly bored with D2 to the point that I don't even want to play the next game. I will see other people playing it but I won't do it myself.

Thoric485

Aug 17, 2008
No, I don't want to be absorbed into a several-hundred hour grind at the moment.

I would've bought it for a worthwhile singleplayer campaign, but after SC2 and what I've seen so far from trailers, I doubt it would have one.

Simeon Ivanov

Jun 2, 2011
Thoric485 said:
I would've bought it for a worthwhile singleplayer campaign, but after SC2 and what I've seen so far from trailers, I doubt it would have one.
Well ... there is a shit-ton of lore and backstory to it ... And the story is presumably about saving the world from the Lord of Terror (again)

DasDestroyer

Apr 3, 2010
I enjoyed the Beta, and although I am not going to buy a single thing in the auction house, I just might sell a few. So yeah, I'm gonna buy it.

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
My only real beef with D3 is its price. $60 for a PC game is crazy ass crazy. I'll most likely hold out until it shaves 10 bucks off.