Poll: So, Guild Wars 2 will soon be upon us.

Jynthor

Mar 30, 2012
I've noticed there is a severe lack of GW2 threads on the Escapist(Although it gets mentioned often enough)So I decided I'd have to fix that.

I was just wondering; have you already decided what to play as?

I was thinking of going human Mesmer, the gameplay with illusions looks great and I like the outfits they have. Also, my favourite colour is purple.(Hehe)
As for human, I think Mesmer fits better than most races and they seem to have pretty cool lore in Guild Wars(Although to be honest, all races have pretty cool lore in my opinion. Besides that I think the mesmer outfits look best on them. And have you seen their capital city?

So, how about you?

Note: I wish I could add another poll option for Race, but sadly I can't.

TheSaw

A flayed man holds no secrets.
Apr 22, 2011
I haven't really looked into GW2 much, not played the beta or anything. I'll probably get it a month or so after it's released.
Though when I do, I shall make a necromancer. I loved making a mini army of fleshbloodbeastthings on GW1. If they can do that in GW2 or something similar anyway, if they can't I'd probably make an Elementalist or Thief.

As I said, haven't really looked into the game much, so don't really know what races there are, though I'll most likely make a human.

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
Guild Wars 2 will soon be upon us indeed, but I don't have the money to get it! But if I did I would be starting off as a Ranger because Rangers are awesome. Now I shall go to cry in a corner because I can't get GW2.

im-white

Mar 24, 2010
i will lvl 2 characters at once. a char warrior and an asura mesmer. in the beta i had so much fun with those two classes it's not even funny. GL to all and don't forget to use the bathroom (I.E shit bucket LOL) or eat

BlueberryMUNCH

Apr 15, 2010
I'm gonna go into it completely blind haha ^_^.
Gonna just stick with what I know at first and go Ranger auyeah.

Hope I find a nice guild soon:(.

When's it out, the 29th or something?

General Twinkletoes

Suppository of Wisdom
Jan 24, 2011
Elementalist forever!
IDK why so few people want to pick it. I guess cause it's mainly support, which is usually the least picked, but I love it. You can do practically anything! So much versatility.
I'm also thinking of doing a thief or a guardian.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
I'm stuck I don't know whether to play a human mesmer or sylvari ranger :( Everything just looks so cool.

gah!

We should totally make an escapist guild :3

WoW Killer

Mar 3, 2012
Elementalist followed by Warrior based on my beta experiences (I've played since closed beta). The Ele is by far the most fun. Once you get the hang of the attunement mechanics you get this constantly active non-stop burst thing going on. It's got a great rhythm to it.

The Mesmer was a big disappointment for me. The clones feel very pedestrian; not a good class mechanic at all. They want to be making some big changes to that class before release IMO.

Race wise, I like both the Human and Asura starting areas. The Human area is aesthetically the most pleasing I think, though it has a few balance issues particularly concerning experience gains. The Asura area seemed more polished (which is funny as it was released for testing later). For comparison, in the last beta I levelled both a Human and an Asura just by going through events on the map one by one. The Asura got to level 15 before completing everything in the starter area, while the Human had finished the map at level 12. Asura have really cool animations though, even if they are a bit on the ugly side.

@BlueberryMUNCH: 25th for early access (with a pre-purchase) and I think 28th otherwise.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Jean Hag said:
Moonlight Butterfly said:
I'm stuck I don't know whether to play a human mesmer or sylvari ranger :( Everything just looks so cool.

gah!

We should totally make an escapist guild :3
An escapist guild?
Count me in if you form one when the game launches for pre-purchases on the 25th.
Yeah I have the pre launch although i don't think I'm a good choice to make it as I may be in hospital for launch :<

CloudKiller

Rather Irritated Mage
Jun 30, 2008
Definitely gonna be an engineer. As for what race, thats the tough decision. It suits the Charr very well with all their heavy steampunk aesthetic and the Asura too with their magic tech stuff but at the same time i wanted my character to be the desendant of my GW1 character who was human, obviously, so i'm completely torn

EDIT: Liking the sound of an escapist (EU) guild.

Jynthor

Mar 30, 2012
I'm down for an (EU)Escapist guild, however I might join the guild my friends join, if that happens I'll make an alt.

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
I played a warrior in Guild Wars. It was alright but I started to wish later on that I'd picked a more interesting class. I'll probably go for something like an engineer or see what necromancer is like. I had one, it seemed ok but I tended to stick to my warrior anyway.

Still think it's a shame I can't bring my kuunavang with me.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Jynthor said:
I'm down for an (EU)Escapist guild, however I might join the guild my friends join, if that happens I'll make an alt.
I think you can join more than one guild can't you?

Jean Hag said:
Yeah I have the pre launch although i don't think I'm a good choice to make it as I may be in hospital for launch :<
Baby, planned operation, or deathbed relative?

Back on topic, i can always create one if you guys contact me ingame, got my name chosen already.
Operation unfortunately :<

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Mesmer, because I get to shoot lazors with a sword.
Or an engineer, because I love turrets.
As for race, I'm thinking Charr.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Jynthor said:
WoW Killer said:
I wonder if [ESC] is already taken. Would be cool tag if not :)
The group leader of the Guild Wars group is going to make an Escapist Guild (ESC) which it's likely to be an EU Guild http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Guild-Wars

Anyway I going to make a Human thief first so that I can named him as quickly as possible (his name will bared the same name as my Assassin since he is my favourite profession in the game).
Once he had been made I will switch back and make the rest of my characters as I intend to play all the fives races (Norn Warrior, Charr Nercomancer, Asura Mesmer and Sylvari Ranger). Yes I know I'm going to be slower compare to those playing as a single character but I want to use the loots that my character can't use!

Jynthor

Mar 30, 2012
Jynthor said:
I think you can join more than one guild can't you?

Jean Hag said:
Baby, planned operation, or deathbed relative?

Back on topic, i can always create one if you guys contact me ingame, got my name chosen already.
Operation unfortunately :<
I didn't know that, that's great.

I googled for a source, came up with this. [http://www.guildfans.com/story.html?story=27521]