Poll: So...how about that Dragon Age: Origins?

beldaron

Oct 1, 2009
Yep got it pre order'd, here's hoping they'll sort out the postal stike in the UK b4 it's released

Nmil-ek

Dec 16, 2008
beldaron said:
Yep got it pre order'd, here's hoping they'll sort out the postal stike in the UK b4 it's released
You should have ordered with Express dude.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
I've pre-ordered my copy for next week's Friday. (Europe here, 6th Nov) I an so hyped for this game, i can't wait for it. I WANT IT NOW!!

Adam

Apr 28, 2009
Bioware have a long line of very decent rpg's so I expect Dragon Age to be a good old dose of dark fantasy that would look really nice in my gaming rack :) Im still wondering how repayable the game will be, but with 6 origin stories and 3 classes I think it deserves a few playthroughs at least

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
I expect this poll to be heavier than usual on the nonsense replies as Dragon Age doesn't generate a whole lot of reason to care. Ooo, moral decisions without a morality meter, be still my heart!

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
The Gentleman said:
I need to see some reviews after the embargo is lifted, but I'm looking forward to at least renting the game, if not buying it.
Sorry for the double post but i think the embargo as been lifted, there's plenty of reviews already. PC Gamer UK gave it 94% and Game Informer gave it 9/10 and there's loads more. I do hang round the Social Site and DA:O forums so maybe that's why.

Ocelot GT

Oct 29, 2009
I'm still unsure, all the female models are so wide, it looks really freaky. You'd think a female hero elf would be slender or average, instead they are wide and look silly.

:<

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
TheBarefootBandit said:
I am, apparently it's all offline gaming (or am I talking about some other game)?
Dragon Age: Origins has no multiplayer or co-op. You can buy add-on's etc though.

TheBarefootBandit

May 20, 2009
Flamezdudes said:
TheBarefootBandit said:
I am, apparently it's all offline gaming (or am I talking about some other game)?
Dragon Age: Origins has no multiplayer or co-op. You can buy add-on's etc though.
Cheers for the info. I'm more the lone ranger kind of guy (my friends are kinda stupid when it comes to co-op.).

TheDoctor455

Friendly Neighborhood Time Lord
Apr 1, 2009
I reserved the "Deluxe Digital Edition" on Steam, so what the hell do you think my answer is?

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
I'm certainly getting the game, my current concern is just with the download size. I've pre-ordered it through Impulse, which did not have an option to purchase the retail box as well, and apparently the install size for the game is 20 gigs or something.

I'm not quite sure what they'll manage to get that down to for the actual download, but I'm thinking it might be a bit too much trouble to be downloading that, so probably going to cancel that pre-order and just pick up the box in-store.

Biek

Mar 5, 2008
I really need to cut down my games budget to force myself to replay my older games more. Im far from done with Demon's Souls and im already eager to purchase new titles.

Tekyro

Aug 10, 2009
Some proper options would have been better here, for example "Not too sure". Not just a bunch of Monty Python quotes.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Vlane said:
I have no idea what this game is about. Explanation please!
You should really just look it up. Bioware has created a lot of lore for this game too. Basically, once again the Darkspawn have come up from the Deep Roads to sweep across the land and spread their disease, transforming other people into Darkspawn. You become a Grey Warden (DA:O's version of Jedi or Spectre) and they are immune to the Blight, eventually you spefically are tasked to gather an army to defeat the Darkspawn.

There's alot more and there's even a bit of civil war maybe...look it up.