Poll: So how did you get into gaming?

MikailCaboose

Jun 16, 2009
I technically started with the SNES, but my family had an old Atari 2600 around that we played before Nintendo came to the scene.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
I started out in the arcades, because there were no home consoles, except the Atari 2600 and its copy-cats. My neighbours had one and I used to play spyhunter for hours on end. It was better with the wheel in the arcade though.
I've never owned a console, but the Commodore 64 was pretty close to one, only it had a word processor as well, and you could make your own (crappy and simple) games. My brother got a Mega Drive when they were brand spanking new. I played Alex Kidd on it (of course) and Road Rash and the Buck Rodgers RPG, but for me I always came back to the computer.

Edit: I guess we are called Generation X (What's the name of my DJ?) I was born in 1975 and for my childhood gaming was Monopoly and Mousetrap.

markisb

May 31, 2010
my dads cousin gave me call of duty 1 when i was 5ish and i never looked back.

Stuntkid

Cyberdemon
Oct 6, 2010
I got into gaming when I was two years old. My cousin was pestered into taking me to an arcade and I played the original Donkey kong. Of course I suck at it (I was freakin two) but it was a life-changing experience for me. I was born a gamer and I will forever appreciate games until the day I die. Despite my generation I grew up with a NES. It was a gift from my Aunt when I used to live in New York. While everyone my age was playing playstation, I started with NES and went up from there.

Soo... yeah, the first answer.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Since I was little, I gamed on the Computer playing a bit of Starcraft 1 and Maple Story. I loved it and it evolved to my gaming life.

Note that it's in my blood, guess which country I come from?

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
Duck hunt and house of the dead at the arcade. My first system was the N64 until then I played at friends houses or on the computer with Yukon trail and sim city.

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
It all started with a Winnie the Pooh interactive learning game on my mom's computer. Then I played Disney action games on a Playstation in my Grandparent's room (they live in the same house). Then my dad introduced me to actual PC strategy gaming in the form of Combat Mission, a WWII strategy game that was WAY over my age, and yet I managed to beat at least one mission.
I became a PC gamer ever since.

TheTaco007

Sep 10, 2009
My first actual video game (That wasn't Galaga) was Halo 2. And then the 360 came out a year later, and I felt like an idiot.

FretfulGnome

Jan 11, 2010
My parents bought my sister an NES when we were little. She never played it, but I did. I didn't really play it all that much, I think we had a total of 5 games. Super Mario Bros. 3 and Mega Man 6 were enough for me. Then my friend got a Sega Genesis, then I got a PS1 and it just kind of snowballed.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I first gamed on my short-lived NES at 3 years old but I didn't become a gamer until I got my first N64. So only a few years really.

crowley333

Sep 30, 2010
Started with Duck Hunt. Now I'm that annoying camper that sniped you twenty times in MW2. I've come so far since those early days...

Dark Knifer

May 12, 2009
Started on a cheap 95 with some edutainment games and got my first nintendo 64 for christmas one year. Been a gamer ever since.

phohouse

Mar 13, 2010
I have my brother to thank for introducing me to games and showing me what is a good game. I got started with Sonic Adventure, Shenmue, Goldeneye, and Skies of Arcadia.

thom_cat_

Nov 30, 2008
I said a few years, but there is no option for something more than that, but not your whole life.

M4A1Sopmod

Oct 1, 2010
Several years ago a friend of mine gave me Age Of Empires. I have been a PC gamer ever since then and never regretted it... Well, maybe a little... Ok, alot...

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
SNES onwards. To young for the NES

Super Mario All Stars

never looked back. Clearly was my hobby.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Actually, I can't vote on your poll. You don't have an option that goes as far back as ATARI.