Poll: So, how do you like your steak?

SeriousIssues

Jan 6, 2010
Medium most times, but for particularly tender ribeye or filet (I prefer a sturdier NY strip) I'd go with medium well.
Also, as a side note, I love A1 steak sauce. It's like marinara for mozarella sticks or ketchup for french fries.

Edit: Geez, I've never met as many people in my life that like rare steaks than here, guess I might have to try a rarer steak next time.

Ferc

May 13, 2011
I like my steak rare, but I find the content of the meat more important for taste. Personally, I love the connective tissue between the muscle and fat, but, of course, I'm a werido. Actually, I haven't been in a steak mood for about a year. It's just too simple. Now, I had a steak salad last night and that was the most amazing meal I've had homemade in a week.

Sentox6

Jun 30, 2008
Well done.

I used to be a medium rare sort of guy, but one day I ate so much steak in one sitting I became physically ill, and ever since then rare steak turns me off.

LFC Scouser

The Fifteenth Arcana
Jun 7, 2010
mmmmm steak what oh right medium rare like the rest of the majority. I didn't know that the majority would like medium rare I thought it would be just plain medium.

xopher

Mar 16, 2009
Well done every single time. I want it brown throughout, no blood, no juices, or other crap squirting in my mouth.

Dr Snakeman

Apr 2, 2010
Medium or medium well. I've been told that that's the "wrong" way to get a steak, but I don't care. I want my meat cooked, dammit!

Griff Morivan

Mar 7, 2011
Rare, rubbed with paprika and cayenne peppers and a very light butter (like, literally, half of a teaspoon for a 10oz steak. A little bit of garlic, NO SAUCES.

Atheist.

Overmind
Sep 12, 2008
eclipsed_chemistry said:
KaosuHamoni said:
I just had a lovely rare fillet steak.

=]

Edit: I just realized that some people might not know what 'Blue' steak is.

A 'Blue' steak, is when it is rarer than rare. It's literally thrown onto a pan for 5 seconds (if that), flipped, then served. This causes the surface of the meat to be slightly browned, but all of the rest to be almost completely raw.
Holy crap, is a "blue" steak even edible?? I love me a good rare steak, but sometimes even I think "Hmm, this might not be safe".

That being said,

*drools for steak*
On steak cuts all the bacteria is on the outside.

A lot of people call it "drag steak" as well.

I love my steaks blue is they aren't overly thick, and they are marinated overnight in the fridge. So much flavor and delicious juices.

Now if you get to the thicker cuts, I prefer them rare rather than blue, so the inside heats up a tad bit.

d4rkxy13x

Jan 10, 2009
Blue and tepid, otherwise it becomes too tough. Very nice with lea and perrins tomato worcetershire sauce.