Poll: So hypothetically , if heaven and hell exists , where do you think you'll be sent?

Oct 10, 2011
heaven. everyone says im too good natured for my own good. always giving away my stuff and i cant bring myself to do bad things.

maturin

Jul 20, 2010
Heaven and Hell are the most juvenile aspects of religion. If they're for real, then all the 'burn, infidels, burn' stuff has got to be legit too. So hell it is.

Honestly, if God was as he is in scripture, I'd spit in his eye on the way down.

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
Based on my actions instead of my faith then probably Heaven
If based on my lack of faith then Hell.
If I had a choice it would be tough. On the one hand Heaven really doesn't sound all the good to me. Spending an eternity anywhere is a maddening thought. When you take into account all of the extremely religious people I have met, hanging out with them forever actually sounds worse then burning alive. And anyways, anyone who could actually relax in heaven while knowing that friends and family burned in hell does not deserve to be in heaven anyways so...

Heaven for the weather hell for the company!

Edhellen

Sep 17, 2011
I don't really care. Either way I'd be stuck with sucking someone off for eternity: I don't have a particular preference for either Yahweh or Lucifer.

CodenameBlackbriar

Nov 29, 2010
I'll bite
My guess is Hell if we're going with the Abrahamic rule book. Despite being a nice guy, I have killed people in combat, had sex before marriage, blasphemed, not honored my mother and father, worked on Sabbath, broke the kosher laws, and I am an atheist.
At least I'll have interesting company to liven up the torture sessions.

UsefulPlayer 1

Feb 22, 2008
Heaven. Because I'm a pretty nice guy and if there is a heaven then that's where the nice guys will be.

I really hope there is a heaven, gotta live it up in the after life.

Edit: Oh, and who knows, maybe this is hell and we're all just angels that have fallen from grace.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Well, I hate to sound like an up myself asshole but, I think I would go to Heaven.

Well because I'm a Christian and I believe in God and I believe I have been already forgiven, so I had to do all of that to be forgiven, also on the plus side I am a good boy judging by my good morality.

I have to agree that I did kinda sounds like a asshole then, but, thats the price I pay.

King of Wei

Jan 13, 2011
If this is a heaven/hell based strictly on deeds, then I'd probably be going to heaven. I'm a nice and helpful person with just a touch of sadistic cruelty so I think the good would outweigh the bad. If it were on religious belief though I'd have a VIP luxury express elevator to hell since I'm an agnostic atheist. At least I'd be going in style!

the_green_dragon

Nov 18, 2009
the bible's rules are too strict, there are the 10 commandements:

1."I am the LORD your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt, from the house of slavery. You shall have no other gods in My presence..."
2."Do not make an image or any likeness of what is in the heavens above..."
3."Do not swear falsely by the name of the LORD..."
4."Remember [zachor] the Sabbath day and keep it holy" (the version in Deuteronomy reads shamor, "observe")
Do not work on Sundays
5."Honor your father and your mother..."
6."Do not murder"
7."Do not commit adultery."
"Adultery is defined as sexual intercourse between a man and a married woman who is not his wife"
8."Do not steal."
9."Do not bear false witness against your neighbor"
10."Do not covet your neighbor's wife"

Ok basically, the easy ones to break are"Do not steal, Do not Lie, Don't work on sunday and honor your parents.

EDIT: i took out adultry cause that one isn't as easy

So I'm definately going to hell and I'll see most of you there.

Zenn3k

Feb 2, 2009
Well, if we're talking hypothetically, then my choices are actually.

Super Happy Fun Candy Land of Joy and Pure Unsaturated Awesome Place of the Whale ----------(Diablo joke)

In which case, I'm cool with either.

lockeslylcrit

Dec 28, 2008
Hell. Why? Simple:

The following is an actual question given on a University of Washington chemistry mid-term paper.

The answer by one student was so "profound" that the professor shared it with colleagues, via the Internet, which is, of course, why we now have the pleasure of enjoying it as well :

Bonus Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)?

Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law (gas cools when it expands and heats when it is compressed) or some variant.

One student, however, wrote the following:

First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate at which souls are moving into Hell and the rate at which they are leaving.

I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving.

As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different religions that exist in the world today. Most of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell.

Since there is more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell.

With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially.

Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand proportionately as souls are added.

This gives two possibilities:

1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until All Hell breaks loose.

2. If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.

So which is it?

If we accept the postulate given to me by Teresa during my Freshman year that, "It will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you," and take into account the fact that I slept with her last night, then number two must be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and has already frozen over.

http://www.partyvibe.com/forums/jokes-humour/21388-hell-exothermic-gives-off-heat.html

Enjoy. :)

jimahaff

Apr 28, 2011
If we are talking outside any religion... then hell. Not that I'm a bad person, quire the opposite. But I don't think anyone can earn their way into heaven. It isn't about what we do, its about who we know. So I don't think that just being a good person is enough, not even being a great person is enough if you ask me. Without God pulling us up, nobody stands a chance of getting into heaven.
Luckily IRL its pretty easy to get in.

Shinomori

Sep 20, 2011
Based on conventional christianity I'll be sent to hell. I really shouldn't be, but fuck it! I've heard that the reason people are tortured in hell is because they feel the lack of Yahweh's presence. This wouldn't matter to me because I don't need a god even if any exist. Also, how can i be tortured if i don't have a body or nerve endings. If hell does exist, any torment is in the mind. So i imagine myself chillin in hell laughing at the idiots who are in pain.

AnotherAvatar

Sep 18, 2011
Depends on who's in charge.

I have said "Fuck God" a rather large number of times... And do have a t-shirt that says "Every time you see a rainbow God is having gay sex" that I wear regularly... So if it's the god of any established religion, I'm going to be vacationing in hell for my afterlife (along with a large number of extremely cool people).

However, if god is a reasonable entity capable of cutting through the bullshit and really judging how good a person is... I think I'll actually be pretty damn okay. Maybe not set for a pair of wings and saint-hood, but a nice loft in heaven, close to downtown with an okay view and cheapish rent sounds about right.

Pandabearparade

Mar 23, 2011
Eh.. I think everyone would be sent to heaven. No one has committed crimes worthy of infinite torture, not even Hitler. This is why the binary afterlife proposition is bullshit, and none of the monotheistic religions can stand up logically.

Shinomori

Sep 20, 2011
the_green_dragon said:
the bible's rules are too strict, there are the 10 commandements:

1."I am the LORD your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt, from the house of slavery. You shall have no other gods in My presence..."
2."Do not make an image or any likeness of what is in the heavens above..."
3."Do not swear falsely by the name of the LORD..."
4."Remember [zachor] the Sabbath day and keep it holy" (the version in Deuteronomy reads shamor, "observe")
Do not work on Sundays
5."Honor your father and your mother..."
6."Do not murder"
7."Do not commit adultery."
"Adultery is defined as sexual intercourse between a man and a married woman who is not his wife"
8."Do not steal."
9."Do not bear false witness against your neighbor"
10."Do not covet your neighbor's wife"

Ok basically, the easy ones to break are" Adultry: sex before marriage", Do not steal, Do not Lie, Don't work on sunday and honor your parents.

So I'm definately going to hell and I'll see most of you there.

It is actually a lot more ridiculous than this. Jesus said obey the laws and prophets. And one of the "laws" involves sacrificing something like 700 lambs a year. Everybody is going to hell.

Monkey_Warfare

Sep 10, 2008
Definately not heaven, might scrape into purgatory but I not only sin but encourage other to sin so pretty damn certain I am damned. But meh at least I won't be cold

x-machina

Sep 14, 2010
I'm a decent enough guy, but if I commit blasphemy everyday of my life. So if hell did exist, I guess that's where I would be headed.