Poll: So they're finally making a Halo movie

Jacco

May 1, 2011
(Note: I just tried to post this an my computer freaked out so I apologize if this a double. I looked for any trace of the first one and didn't see it.)

It's only a short one, but its a Halo movie nonetheless. It's called Halo: Faith and apparently takes place during the events of Reach.

The Facebook group has a "Behind the Scenes" clip and showcases some of the things they are doing. It looks good, like they have a decent budget.

What do you think about this? Are you excited for the prospect of a Halo movie or are you against the very idea?

http://www.facebook.com/HaloTheMovie

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo:_Faith

Kagobin

Apr 21, 2011
Halo:Reach was the reason I bought and eventually sold an Xbox 360.

Never Again.

OT: I would actually be interested in seeing something like this.

Jacco

May 1, 2011
tehlordofmyownworld said:
I wonder if its going to be like the OTHER Halo movie..Y'know, the one they never released?
What other Halo movie they never released?

Crag Hack

May 14, 2011
I hope Uwe Boll directs it, just so i can see fanboys cry as their beloved franchise crumbles to dust.

Jacco

May 1, 2011
Crag Hack said:
I hope Uwe Boll directs it, just so i can see fanboys cry as their beloved franchise crumbles to dust.
That's not nice. What's wrong with Halo?

Instant K4rma

StormFella
Aug 29, 2008
Well, here's to hoping it's half decent. I personally would have no interest in seeing a Halo movie, but I'd like to see a videogame translated to film and have the product actually be a decent movie, just to prove that it can, in fact, be done. Just once, please?

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Jacco said:
Crag Hack said:
For right or for ill, people blame it for the "stagnation" in FPSes like a two weapon limit and recharging health, rather then the old days where levels were huge maps that you could get lost in and that only the most OCD people could beat.

Me? I don't really care so much for FPSes, but I don't condem those that do.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
CM156 said:
Jacco said:
Crag Hack said:
For right or for ill, people blame it for the "stagnation" in FPSes like a two weapon limit and recharging health, rather then the old days where levels were huge maps that you could get lost in and that only the most OCD people could beat.

Me? I don't really care so much for FPSes, but I don't condem those that do.
That, and it's considered "cool" to hate on anything popular, regardless of whether or not it actually deserves scorn.

Don't let these people get to you. They're only looking to get a rise out of you anyway, so it's best not to indulge them.

Anywho, it will be interesting to see whether or not the depiction of the Battle of Reach will be like in the game or the novel The Fall of Reach (or some combination thereof). I gotta say though that it's strange to see a Spartan wearing what appears to be a Mark VI helmet, since they hadn't been finalized for production at that point in time. Perhaps it's an early prototype or something...

AmaterasuGrim

Jul 16, 2011
Cant we just edit together all the promotional live action trailers the series has had & call it the movie.

Gaiseric

Sep 21, 2008
Not a fan of the games myself, but if I get a good sci-fi movie out of it that would be cool.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
I'd watch it.
I think a lot of concepts in Halo are kinda cool, but I don't think the games use them to their full potential. I didn't like Reach much. My favourite was Halo 3 ODST, because they took a little concept and expanded it to make a it a different type of game.

Molander

Dec 2, 2010
anyone remember the aprils fools video? (A) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4DHllroiqM

magicmonkeybars

Gullible Dolt
Nov 20, 2007
I'd watch just to see how god awful it'll be, not that I want it to be but let's face it, video game based movies suck more often than not.
I want to believe they'll put the effort in and keep it in line with the lore but Halo is a cash-cow now and we might be in for some painful shlock.

Floppertje

Nov 9, 2009
it's a short film about the events in Reach... yeah, this'll work >.<

you know, a Halo movie actually COULD work. I mean, they just made 2 movies about a guy in power armor and they were awesome. I'm pretty sure I read something about the MC surfing a banshee in one of the books, that's not too far from wrestling F22's.
they'd have to give him a face though, and make it about something other than what's already shown in the games to avoid fanboys crying (too much. because fanboys will be fanboys.)

luclin92

Apr 22, 2009
as long as it makes sense then im happy (i have never played a halo game but im interested in the setting of the games).