Poll: So what do you call an Xbox One now?

Clowndoe

Aug 6, 2012
What am I supposed to call it? I can't call it the Xbox One, that name was taken in 2001. It's still the Xbone to me. It just encompasses how Microsoft feels about me so well.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Xbone.
Fitting name, given how it was originally a boner move on Microsoft's part (alternatively: it was designed to bone gamers).

I have no love for the system, nor will I ever, so the portmanteau sticks.

144_v1legacy

Apr 25, 2008
I'm assuming you're referring to how people say it when speaking, as opposed to when typing. But you should clarify just in case. I still type Xbone, but I say "XBox One"

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Xbone both for speaking and typing, it rolls off the tongue far better than it's actual committee designed name.

Besides, whenever I hear 'The One' I always think of Babylon 5.

Story

Note to self: Prooof reed posts
Sep 4, 2013
Xbox 180.
At least that's what call it when I want to be snarky. :p
But in all seriousness I call it the Xbox One. Funny enough my grandfather, who is a huge Microsoft fan boy calls it the Xbone. I hope he understands that's suppose to be an insult.

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
Definitely 'Xbone'.

Partly because it's quicker to say/write, and partly because it was originally going to bone every gamer who bought the thing. That shouldn't be forgotten.

SFMB

May 13, 2009
As naming consoles goes, Xbox One takes the retarted-cake. Why would you name your new console so, that people can mix it up with your first console? Xbone is a name the new Microsoft box deserves.

A-D.

Jan 23, 2008
I call it by a variant of names, its intended name "Xbox One", then of course there's "XBone" but my personal favorite is still the Xbox One-Eighty, due to the E3 fiasco and Microsofts backpedaling. And im eagerly awaiting the day that they do another 180 turn and reimplement all the unwanted features in a year or two, then i will just call it "Xbox 360 2.0", if that happens anyhow.

Korzack

Apr 28, 2010
Well when the first announcements came out, I called it the Bro-box, as that was pretty clearly the market they were going for. Now? Normally I can't summon up the apathy for more than the "Oh, that thing", so that's what it gets.

Mr Fixit

Oct 22, 2008
It will forever be the Xbone, it just works so nicely. Xbox One just sounds so pretentious to me, sounds like the name of an Apple product. Hell if Microsoft officially changed the name to the Xbone, I'd buy one out of respect for them owning up to all the pre & post-launch crap.

I do think some of the things they are doing with it are stupid, but that is the way things go, everyone will adjust or not & life will go on.

It seems like that once all the bugs get worked out & some good games start dropping, it'll be a good system, I've never touched one so I couldn't say. I won't even think about getting one, or a PS4, for at least a year.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
I just call it Xbox One, which sadly means I have to call the original Xbox well... the original Xbox.

"Xbone" was funny for like a week or so, but then it was just sad. While that will continue on forever, I'm glad "Pisspoor" hasn't caught on for the PS4 like "Spunkgargleweewee" did for Modern Military Shooters.

COMaestro

Vae Victis!
May 24, 2010
I usually type Xbone as it's quicker than typing out the full Xbox One. In speech, I just say XBox, as no one is ever talking about the original one, and just say 360 for the 360. No one's been confused by it yet, though admittedly I rarely talk about the damn thing.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
I still call it the xbone. I don't think it's a funny joke, I just think the Xbox One is a really shit name.

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
CarnageRacing00 said:
I call it the Xbone. It was funny at first, and to me it still is. I absolutely love when major corporations have to eat crow. After all the years of gamers claming that the 360 was far superior to the PS3 and practically waving Xbox 360 banners while running through the streets, for the newly revealed name "Xbox One" to almost IMMEDIATELY be transformed into "Xbone" by a large portion of the gaming community just really makes me giggle.
Whoa. Hold the phone. You DO realize that the original xbox fans caught craptons of abuse from the playstation crowd, and were (rightfully so) happy to see them have to turn around and eat crow, right? So it was more or less deserved, but it has degenerated into the realm of stupidity at this point. The xbox got started late in the life of the PS2, and on the forums the xbox fans caught immortal hell. When the 360 dominated the PS3, xbox fans retaliated on those forums, and truth be told the playstation fans deserved every bit of crow they got. However, after an initial serving, most xbox fans let it go and spent their time gaming and moved on with life. As in all walks of life, you have your bonkers crazy fanboys that go way too far over the top about things, and that particular batch on the xbox side wouldnt stop, and continued for nearly the life of the console, which was going way too far. Now it seems they have cursed us to a cycle where it looks to be our turn again.

CelestDaer

Mar 25, 2013
I don't refer to that system at all, beyond the occasional point and laugh (For the record, I have a PS2 and a 360, and no other systems.)
Captcha: Apparently Dish Network is Escapist's new money bag? This is the second captcha related to it I've ad to answer in two threads...