Poll: Soul Calibur V

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
simple question are you buying it or not?
who do you plan on making your main?
are you looking forward to creating your own character?
and just Soul Calibur V general topic!
also post your PSN/ Live account if you want to get a group of escapist to play with; maybe even do our own Escapist Day 1 noob tournament :p

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I'll get it eventually, but not Day 1 or anything.

I'm not really into fighting games, anymore.

Probably when it hits the $30 mark.

FFS, the last fighting game I bought was Blazblue: CS almost 2 years ago.

Dec 14, 2009
I may pick it up, depends on the general feeling of the community after release.

I haven't done any research on it or anything so I don't know if my mains are in the game.

Character creation of Zasalamel and Amy.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
I'm getting it first day.
It's the only fighitng game I can have fun with, since a lot of the moves are directions and buttons, not combos to do one move.
Probably maining Nightmare. Original I know.
Even though there was tons to unlock in the previous one, the create your own character still felt a bit limited and unrewarding to me.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
The7Sins said:
3. Yes. Will probably try to make a Ronald McDonald or a Burger King with Cervantes' moveset if I can.[/color]
You mean like this?

OT: Yeah probably, but not straight away

Otaku World Order

Nov 24, 2011
1) I did pre-order the collector's edition.
2) Probably Xianghua.
3) Absolutely.

If I manage to get my wireless network to co-operate with me again, I'm all for a Day 1 tourney.

garjian

Mar 25, 2009
Certainly, from my research, im a little disappointed that the story isnt up to much apparently, but theres no questioning that the gameplay is solid.

The only detail im not certain about is the online... theres achat box in the lobby, thats clear... but i have no idea what this separate card lobby thing is... also, i havent heard much about whether its as laggy as IV or not, but thats to be expected considering noone would really be on before release.

I'll be maining, if any, Viola... at least, thats who i want to. I tend not to main people specifically, but im always going to be better with characters that suit my preferred playstyle, and if Viola isnt one of them then sadly, its not going to happen.

Daystar Clarion said:
Character creation of Zasalamel and Amy.
Theres almost definitely no Amy, Zasalamel's not confirmed yet.

WorriedSandwich

Nov 23, 2011
Very unlikely. I played IV and had some fun, but I sold it and haven't looked back since. If I do though, it'll most likely be second-hand or seriously lowered in price, which isn't going to happen for a while. Btw, my mains where Cervantes because he's pretty rad, and Maxi and Voldo because they're fun to play as.

ryo02

Oct 8, 2007
LIZARD MAN I dont care wether he will be crap or not Im playing him first.

Burningsok

Jul 23, 2009
Although I've enjoy the last few in the series, I just can't see myself getting the next one. My interest in genres has changed a bit.

sheah1

Jul 4, 2010
I'm really excited about it.
At any other point in the series I would've picked Siegfried (I dig the noble sacrifice), but he's looking pretty crap in his new armour, though I still like his style. I'll probably pick one of the newbies, Patrokolos (yay for sword and shield!), Xiba (yay for food loving Goku clones) and Z.W.E.I. (yay for badassery) all look pretty awesome.
The character creation is the main reason I'm getting the game, I adore it so, I'll probably start off with my masked but young heavy sword (Siegfried) user and my grizzled bastard with a rapier.

sheah1

Jul 4, 2010
Yosato said:
Yeah, I've had Kilik as main and bossed with him for years.
Kilik's out, so you'll likely be using Xiba, a staff wielder who seems to be Goku from Dragonball, but ginger.

Orbot_Vectorman

Cleaning trash since 1990
May 11, 2009
I've got this mother on pre-order

Main... I can't say... I'll most likely be playing with them all

My PSN name is "The_Undead_Fury" and don't think I'll go easy on you... I fight to win!

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
Probably not, I was never a big fan of the series. If I can find it cheap and have no new games to play then maybe.

Totenkopf

Mar 2, 2010
Yes, I preordered the Limited Edition already :)

Going to main Nightmare and my namesake Siegfried, as always.

Definitely looking forward to use the character creator, I loved the one number VI had, and the one of V seems to be going to be even better!

sextus the crazy

Oct 15, 2011
GZGoten said:
simple question are you buying it or not?
who do you plan on making your main?
are you looking forward to creating your own character?
and just Soul Calibur V general topic!
also post your PSN/ Live account if you want to get a group of escapist to play with; maybe even do our own Escapist Day 1 noob tournament :p
1. Probably not, I don't feel the same pleasure from the new ones that I felt from SCII
2. Yoshimitsu, if he's still around
3. Assuming, I get the game, I might make a character or two (Guts from Berserk using Nightmare's fighting style!)