Poll: Spider-Man Cartoons

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
ErwinGodfrey said:
Marik2 said:
ErwinGodfrey said:
Awe shit, I can't decide which one to vote on, because I don't know which one of them is the one from the 90's.
You're probably thinking of this one
Yes, I know which one I'm thinking about, but which of the options in the pole matches it? The title card from the video only says "Spiderman".
Spiderman The Animated Series(TAS)

What the 90s called it

Melondrupe

Jan 12, 2012
Spectacular is the best version for me. Great pacing and action that doesn't drag on. Spider-man and his Amazing Friends would be a close second, cause I enjoyed the chemistry between Peter, Bobby and Angelica.

While I found Unlimited dull, Ultimate is the worst version I've seen, despite liking the Hulk, Taskmaster and Dr.Strange episodes. It comes off as one of those comedy movies or shows that attempts to be funny in every scene; dragging down the quality of the whole product. The reason the aforementioned three episodes were good, was due to the more subdued humor or complete lack of humor in them. The Strange episode even triggered bit of emotion in me. Thinking about it, the first or second Venom episode was pretty good.

The whole Taskmaster is a pedophile thing had me cracking up. Reminded me of the coach from Morel Orel.

The Nineties series before Unlimited is pretty bad in my eyes these days, yet enjoyment can still be had from it.

One good thing I can say I liked about Unlimited was the nanobot suit kept in the watch, and I didn't think the suit design was all that terrible.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
JWRosser said:
I enjoyed the series that was on in the 90s, whichever that was. That and X-Men Evolution. Yeahhh.

I'm watching Ultimate Spider-Man too as it comes out. It's pretty good. Most episodes feature a different Marvel character (such as Thor, Dr Strange, Iron Man, Taskmaster etc) and it also has quite a lot of in-jokes that only Marvel fans will get. And it's funny! Just waiting for the Deadpool episode.
Tbis.

The only thing I don't like about Ultimate Spiderman is when Spidey breaks the fourthwall like it's an afterschool special.... Thankfully it has enough humor and action though that I can over look it.

The best jokes are with White Tiger though. Shes so super serious about everything.

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
My favourite is the 90's Spiderman TAS. It doesn't hold up very well today though as there are alot of evident flaws and Spiderman has a constant inner monologue that can grate after a while. That being said, it is still my favourite because of nostalgia.

Nerexor

Mar 23, 2009
90's spider-man TAS. I watched that show every damn day after school, and loved every minute of it. It also got me into the comics, which I rapidly learned were even better. But there were some pretty good performances in there. I still hear the laugh of whoever they had playing Cletus Kassidy (AKA Carnage) whenever I read that character in the comics. And the weird twin-tone venom voice.

Titan Buttons

Apr 13, 2011
The animated series hands done. Though I accidently voted other not even thing of what TAS might mean :S

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
The ones I like:

Spider-man the Animated Series: It's not perfect, but it has some good storylines and characterizations. The cliffhanger ending was annoying, but at least it had Stan Lee in it... what?

The Spectacular Spider-man: Probably my top favorite of the shows, it was a gripping, exciting show with great stories and characters... unfortunetly, it had to end on a cliffhanger, due to the new movie being made. I can never forgive Marvel/Disney/Sony for that... though when I get around to seeing the reboot movie, and like it... that's gonna be akward...

The Amazing Spider-man: Yeah, I know. But I like the humor and surrealism of this show, and there's nothing wrong with laughing every now and then, right?

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Capitano Segnaposto said:
lRookiel said:
thiosk said:
I loved the old batman and xmen cartoons, but I never cared for spiderman. The cartoons, movies, comic books, anything.
Watched all 3 of those cartoon series when I was a kid, I'm looking EVERYWHERE to find the Batman animated series >.<
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Batman%3A+TAS

There you go. Great series.
Shit, I'm sure I checked amazon before now.....

thanks anyway xD

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I trolled the poll and voted Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends.

"I know, I'll make an ice-toboggan!"

God that show was so pants-on-head retarded.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
I don't know. The only one I ever remember really watching was the one where he was in the future/an alternate universe and I don't remember which one that was.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Spectacular, all the way.
TAS comes close to it though.

And Ultimate's down near the bottom. This isn't really a necessary point to make, I just don't like the new series.

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
TAS definitely.Loved that show.Rewatched all the episodes on Netflix recently.Good times

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Despite growing up with TAS as a kid but I voting for Spectacular as I think it's the true sucessor to TAS (it retold the Spiderman mythos in the modern era and I liked that it added a twist into the mix with Eddite Brock was Peter childhood friend) unlike Ultimate. Runner up gs to The New Animated Series/

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
I grew up on Spider-Man:TAS and, aside from the X-Men TV series, was the gateway to the Marvel universe and learning about other great Marvel characters such as the Hulk, Iron Man, and Captain America.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
TAS definitely holds the place in my childhood heart for #1, but I'm really enjoying Ultimate Spiderman. I think I like Ultimate because I know they're never going to bring Deadpool to a kid's cartoon and Spiderman in Ultimate is pretty much Deadpool lite.

SpectacularWebHead

Jun 11, 2012
This is gonna be an unpopular opinion but... Ultimate spiderman?
If they get rid of the stupid superhero team then it has the potential to be the best piece of spiderman media ever, but the team... ANNOYING.