Poll: Split screen, screen watching. Skill or cheating?

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
It's cheating. It's no different than using wallhacks in online games.

Sion_Barzahd

Jul 2, 2008
Yeah i consider it cheating, it ruins a crucial part of the enjoyment of FPS games. It'd be like putting a map with all the locations of the enemies on a survival horror game.

May 5, 2010
It's neither. It's not skill because....Well, why would it be skill? That doesn't even make sense.

But on the other hand, it's not cheating because everyone in the game can do it, so no one has an unfair advantage.

It's just another legitimate strategy. Just like that other thing....Dang I forgot. What's a legitimate strategy again?

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
Doesn't matter to me, I'm skilled enough to blow your ass away anyways... Until you punch me and i fall over from the pain and you use that opportunity to kill me a bunch of times...

Personally I consider that cheating :p

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
Yeah, it's cheating.

I love watching some of my friends play each other. I watch their eyes and they're both looking at the other persons screen. You can see it in the way they play. The keep counter-countering each other when they shouldn't even know the other is there. It's ridiculous.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
It's cheating, but I do it anyway ;)
I try not to when it's a serious match though.

garfoldsomeoneelse

Charming, But Stupid
Mar 22, 2009
You know Call of Duty's killcam, where you can pinpoint a sniper's location based on their angle of attack? Screen watching is doing that in real-time. In other words, yes, it's cheating.

Ignatz_Zwakh

Sep 3, 2010
It's cheating. If anything it takes skill to completely focus on your side of the screen and take no notice of the other players activities.

Darkstorm13

Aug 2, 2010
I think it's cheating, but in many games it hardly helps anyway. Plus, you can screencheat right back again, so at least it's fair

skeliton112

Aug 12, 2009
It is an art dividing your attention between your screen and theirs. As they can do it to it is not cheating.

Paulie92

Mar 6, 2010
When playing split screen vs. I'm almost always drunk and mucking around, neither of us care about screen cheating because neither of us are trying to win that hard. It actually makes it more fun especially when it's ridiculously obvious. That being said yeah it's cheating but in split screen who cares!

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
Yeah, it's cheating. But it's also difficult to avoid, especially seeing how small my t.v. is, or if you're playing 4-player split screen.

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
Me and my friends do it to prat about. Ever tried trying to aim at, never mind kill someone when you're only looking at what their dude can see of your dude?
That was the longest Desert Eagle shootout ever...

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
I always use it like when I get flashed in MW or something than I just start spamming bullets and use their screen to aim, it works more often than you might think...

demoman_chaos

May 25, 2009
I do it, helps me locate the enemy and helps defeat campers. I try not to, but I usually end up doing it.

rtbailey

Aug 24, 2009
thedeathscythe said:
It's inevitable and not cheating IMO. Sure, I try and not do it, but I don't consider it cheating (yes, even if you're camping, sniping or hiding or what have you). Fighting games let you see your opponent the whole time, you see what they do and anticipate things by their actions. Sure, it's a little different in a shooter, but that's what you sign up for being split screen. That's why I love LANing. One team goes on one TV, one on the other. Then screen peeking isn't to know where your opponents are, but where your allies are.
This. At my old youth group, when one screen was at one end of the room, facing away from the other, games were so interesting.